PDA

View Full Version : B737 Fo

cesnacaptn
20th Sep 2008, 21:57
I saw the other thread started asking about foreign jobs with a a 737 type and no time. I'm a US pilot with FAA licenses as well. I have a 737 type and 1400 sic. All 1800 hours of my PIC turbine is on a CRJ. Are there any operators that will hire me for a captain position with that time? How about a first officer position?

CAT IIIB
21st Sep 2008, 06:27
Captain's position on what? 737?

You gotta be kiddin' me!!!

SiNGH08
21st Sep 2008, 06:59
your member here more then 2 years and this is your first posting? your cv? why hiding here so long? bloody voyeur.:suspect: lol.

KAG
21st Sep 2008, 07:00
In China to be PIC on the 737, you need 1000 hours on type.

If you want to be hired direct entry Captain, you have to be a captain on type before applying.

How is the market for pilots in the US? Cannot be as bad as it is described in the news... a lot of layoff?

cesnacaptn
21st Sep 2008, 16:37
With my seniority I might be laid off, but probably not. I'm just researching my options.

I didn't really think my question was that outlandish considering there have been airlines in the past who have taken CRJ pilots and made them captains on a widebody. That is what I read about Qatar Airways right? I came on here for information, thanks for that KAG.

SiNGH08, your powers of observation are remarkable. I haven't posted on here, because I didn't have any snide remarks for anyone. I also learned early on that there is a lot of information here, one just has to search. I joined this forum in '06 when I had a interview with Cathay. Since I was hired by a US carrier, I hadn't been back till recently. I'm glad to see one of your first posts was an unhelpful put down. I'm sure you'll fit right in around here.

botaxgendeng
21st Sep 2008, 17:17
with 1800 hrs hours, did u have atpl yet? capt c 152 maybe...lol:{