PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Hotel Islamabad

Bomber Harris
20th Sep 2008, 15:37
A bomb has just went off at the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad. Does anyone use this as a crew hotel?

Hope all the guests are ok but the initial pictures indicate that some people may have lost their lives. Tragedy!

apaddyinuk
20th Sep 2008, 16:09
I sincerely hope not, it would appear that BA crew have been told to stay away from the Marriott even for meals for some time now. If memory serves me correctly this is not the first time the Marriott in ISB has been targeted!

TopBunk
20th Sep 2008, 16:13
The BBC are reporting deaths with front of hotel blown out and building in flames.

BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Deadly bomb hits Pakistan hotel (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7627135.stm)

BenThere
20th Sep 2008, 18:45
Tragedy!

It's more than 'Tragedy'. It's murder.

con-pilot
20th Sep 2008, 19:07
A natural gas line accidentally exploding is a 'tragedy'. This is a crime of mass murder.

I have a friend that is a corporate pilot who stayed there last week, he told me that the security was very much in evdience. In fact he complained about the level of security.

tommytill
21st Sep 2008, 01:32
"In fact he complained about the level of security."

How does he feel about his attitude now?

Roger Sofarover
21st Sep 2008, 02:07
Yep, it's murder. Looks like the hotel is completely destroyed, lord knows what the body count will be.

Oh the irony of the subject matter and the original posters handle!

chandlers dad
21st Sep 2008, 02:31
We have stayed at this hotel in the past. Sorry to see something like this happen but you cannot reason with people like this. Sad that innocent people were injured or killed like this.

doubleu-anker
21st Sep 2008, 02:41
chandlers dad

"...........but you cannot reason with people like this."

Correct, you cannot.

The last lot of fanatics that could not be reasoned with, absorbed 2 nuclear detonations before they were bought to heel.

Hope I am wrong but it may take that kind of extreme measure this time round, IMHO.

viktor inox
22nd Sep 2008, 13:15
The last lot of fanatics that could not be reasoned with, absorbed 2 nuclear detonations before they were bought to heel.
Unquote

Fortunately, we've moved on technologically and have the neutron bomb. Rids any place of unwanted forms of life but doesn't spoil the scenery (which is, admittedly, breathtakingly beautiful in Afghanistan).