PDA

View Full Version : Qantas L/H Roster Run

H_Girl
20th Sep 2008, 13:03
:confused:Is anyone else out there without a roster? Ops say nothing they can do.

Does that mean i haven't been included in the bid run?

I've looked at a lot of crew lists and crew whether senior, junior and QCCA have already been allocated trips so i'd hate to miss out.

I've tried the union but no one is on duty until Monday.

packrat
20th Sep 2008, 16:52
A systems glitch.
There are a number of people both junior/senior...QAL/QCCA ...who have not yet received their rosters.

obira
20th Sep 2008, 23:11
Yes. Many have had their rosters for over 24 hours while others are eagerly checking every 1/2 hour.

An absence of any explanation leads many to form their own. Perhaps some explanation of why it takes over a week from bids close to rosters issued and why more junior people receive rosters before more senior would go a long way to dispelling rumours.

As a point of comparison, when does tech crew bidding close and how long after bids close are rosters issued? (I'm not interested in any us and them statements I'm just interested in the processes involved and whether there is any difference in time frames and what is the reason behind this.)

I note also that diagnostics are different this bid period. There has been no information published about this whatsoever. Once again, when there is an absence of information it leads to people making up their own.

obira

Keg
21st Sep 2008, 00:34
As a point of comparison, when does tech crew bidding close and how long after bids close are rosters issued?

When I was on the 744 bidding closed at 1000hrs Monday. Often the F/O rosters weren't out until the Saturday. I'm not sure about the S/O or Captains. I think sometimes the Captains rosters were out on Thursday night/ Friday morning.

Now I'm on the 767 (28 day bid period), the bidding closed on the Wednesday morning and the rosters were out Friday arvo.

An additional step that we have in ours is running the captains lines and then removing the 'check and training' flying from the trips available for the F/Os to be allocated for either F/O or command training. I'm not sure how this works but I imagine it could/would add a day or so to our processes.

Hope that assists.

obira
21st Sep 2008, 00:46
Thanks Keg,

Appreiate it.

obira

obira
21st Sep 2008, 03:16
Looks like they're out now.