PDA

View Full Version : DOWNLOADS

Goldie
17th Jun 2001, 18:44
When I down load it puts onto my desktop, but when i double click it comes up win 32 access denied, what am i doing wrong?

Also on Yahoo search how do you get rid of the memory in the search area?

Using windows 98 Thanks

fobotcso
17th Jun 2001, 21:25
Could be nothing you are doing wrong but just a file system incompatibility or something to do with Java. (I'm quite ignorant of the ins-and-outs of that; it's just something I've read!)

Suggest you upgrade your version of Internet Explorer if it is not already Version 4.0 or later.

Goldie
18th Jun 2001, 09:11
How do I know what version I have the computer is just a week old?

fobotcso
18th Jun 2001, 12:33
In which case you've probably got a recent version of Internet Explorer. Two ways to check the Version are:

while IE is loading watch the "splash" screen and catch the version number in small print, or (easier) after IE has finished loading click on "Help" then on "About Internet Explorer" and you will see the version number.

I'm curious about a supplier who sends out a PC with Windows 98 loaded. Over here any new PC for the home would come with Windows Millennium Edition (ME) or, for the office, Windows 2000. That error message gets very little coverage in Win 98 literature; it's more a Windows NT problem where a pure 32 bit Operating System is struggling with a non 32 bit process.

Send more info about the download(s) causing the problem.

Perhaps it's not so much a week old but you've only had it a week.