PDA

View Full Version : Dear Tony I Don't Care

Fuzzy Math
20th Sep 2008, 12:03
Dear Tony,

I don't care if the cost of fuel has gone up. The cost of the fuel I put in my car has gone up but I don't write a moaning letter to you each week. Where is my pay rise?

I don't care about the current financial crisis. My provident fund and investments have fallen by over 20% but I don't write to you each week complaining. Where is my pay rise?

I don't care about my 13th month. If I don't get it I'll take an extra month of sick leave. Where is my pay rise?

I don't care about Boeing mechanics going on strike and delaying aircraft deliveries. I don't write to you each each week and complain about the cost of food. Where is my pay rise?

I don't care that financial companies are cutting back on travel. The exchange rate has drastically reduced my salary in real terms back home. Do I send you a letter each week complaining? Where is my pay rise?

So please Tony et al, stop the whinging letter each week. I really don't care. I am sick to death of your whinging and complaining. Why are we subjected to this drivel every Friday? And where is my pay rise?

HardRock
20th Sep 2008, 20:12
Do what I've done for the last 6 or 7 years.... don't read it....

cpdude
21st Sep 2008, 00:36
Not trying to support his weekly reports but, it's no worse then some of the crap you read here! :E

hongkongfooey
21st Sep 2008, 03:40
C'mon guys, Tony and his chronies are just pi55ed they were'nt smart enough to hedge their fuel like QF et al.....................and we have to pay for that little oversight, in one way or another.:ugh:

HardRock
21st Sep 2008, 20:40
Plus their 100 or so million US in fines.....

Sqwak7700
23rd Sep 2008, 16:23
Apparently, you do care. If you didn't you would send that letter to Tony instead of posting it here... :rolleyes:

HardRock
23rd Sep 2008, 22:43
great... another management wannabe

mr Q
24th Sep 2008, 05:59
Plus their 100 or so million US in fines.....

More freighter fines on the way.... delicate negotiations as to the amount but not the liability.....
So expect the friday whinges to continue ....

Hiro Nakimura
24th Sep 2008, 11:56
Thanks to all departments for carrying on in difficult conditions during the recent typhoon. Also, despite great volatility, the price of fuel is significantly lower than a few months ago so things are looking good on the cost side of the profit equation. Unfortunately revenue is not as good as it was a few weeks ago - but then it was running over 5% above a budgeted figure that was around 15% higher than last year - and lets face it, last year was a record year for us so we can't expect to do that well forever.
Many thanks to all the pilots who are reaching their annual 900hours - was it only a decade ago that we got less than 600hours out of you? Thanks to your productivity we are almost a low cost carrier now!

Having had so much success with adding fuel surchages and airport taxes to your FOC tickets, we have decided to apply the same methodology to your salary!

We have applied to CAD and the Hong Kong Government and have had a special Cost Of Living allowance approved so as of this payday you will all receive a 20% payrise to help account for increases in individuals cost of living that government indices do not seem to capture. We have also applied for, and had approved, a special Exchange Rate Compensation Allowance. This will mean a further 20% payrise for all our expatriate staff to compensate them for loss of purchasing power in their home country over the last five years. We have applied for a Hazardous Air allowance to be paid to Officers and their dependants residing in Hong Kong. This allowance amounts to 20% of your salary. And lastly, we have applied for and had approved a Termination of Career Aspirations allowance - this allowance of 25% of salary will be paid to all FOs and SOs to account for our complete bypassing of the seniority system by employing DECs and DEFOs on bases that current employees wish to bid for.

Have a good weekend and thank you for your continued faith in us as a Career Airline,
Toney the Tiler

ACMS
24th Sep 2008, 14:16
Very good.................:}