PDA

View Full Version : Who is Australian Air Ambulance?

Harry Cooper
19th Sep 2008, 22:27
Just saw a job ad on the AFAP website looking for a Chief Pilot for Australian Air Ambulance based out of Mackay. It looks as though they don't have an AOC as yet but does anyone know anything about them? They are looking for B200 or B1900D experience.

tail wheel
20th Sep 2008, 00:31
Name: AUSTRALIAN AIR AMBULANCE LIMITED
ACN: 133 016 378
Type: Australian Public Company, Limited By Guarantee
Registration Date: 01/09/2008
Next Review Date: 01/09/2009
Locality of Registered Office: Mackay QLD 4740
Jurisdiction: Australian Securities & Investments Commission

"201B Application For Registration as a Public Company Limited By Guarantee"

Interesting.... a public company!

PLovett
20th Sep 2008, 08:04
tail wheel,

It may be a public company but one limited by guarantee, the same setup as all those aero clubs from years gone past.:confused:

So possibly a non-profit company (for those who are about to post that it can make a profit, I mean that the "shareholders" cannot profit by the activities of the company and that all profits must be reinvested in the company) similar to the RFDS?

Are they going to compete with established aeromedical providers or seek a new market altogether and if so, why limit by guarantee? Very strange.:uhoh:

tail wheel
20th Sep 2008, 12:49
That is why I was a little surprised...... I would have thought the B200 and B1900D capable medi-vac operations were adequately catered for by existing not for profit and for profit entities established for that purpose, e.g. RFDS.

Most of the aero clubs, tennis clubs etc in days gone by were non profit incorporated association in accordance with the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Q'ld). To elaborate further, incorporated associations or non profit companies registered under either State or Federal legislation must generate a financial surplus in order to remain solvent, but are prohibited from granting dividends to Members or Directors. All financial surpluses must be re-invested in the services they provide.

Harry Cooper
20th Sep 2008, 12:59
After a couple of calls this arvo I believe, and I could be wrong, that they are possibly something to do with CQ Rescue in Mackay. From memory CQ Rescue is operated by CHC Helicopters, I gather that Australian Air Ambulance may well be the business entity for their fixed wing AOC.

tail wheel
20th Sep 2008, 13:13
Harry may be on the money. CQ Rescue web site confirms they are a non profit company limited by guarantee, with the following sponsors:

Major sponsors provide magnificent contributions to our service. These sponsors include RACQ, BMA (BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance), CFMEU, Custom Mining, Department of Emergency Services, G & S Engineering, Isaac Plains Coal, Leighton Contractors, Sedgman Ltd, Thiess and XStrata - Newlands Coal. Minor sponsors include, Mackay Port Authority and Local Councils (Belyando, Broadsound, Mackay, Mirani, Nebo, Sarina & Whitsunday).

Australian Air Ambulance Ltd may be the complementary fixed wing service to CQ Rescue's rotary wing operation.

megle2
21st Sep 2008, 03:16
If so, is that who is building the new hangar next door to their rotary wing hangar although the hangar entrance ( x 2 ) does not seem wide enough for a B1900...

TBM-Legend
21st Sep 2008, 08:51
rumour is that WestWing has obtained [or is obtaining] 2 x B1900D's..[ex-Mesa/Big Sky machines from USA]

Jamair
21st Sep 2008, 11:40
WW B1900s are for contract CHTR ex CS & TL for Zinifex; nothing to do with aeromed......

Under Dog
21st Sep 2008, 22:06
There was an advert in the Australian about 2 weeks ago with Queensland Government calling tenders for fixed wing aerial ambulance service.
This might be Queenslands answer to transporting the low priorty patients rather than tying up the RFDS.This is just my thought.

Regards The Dog