PDA

View Full Version : DHL Pilots vote no confidence in survey

kbo415
19th Sep 2008, 18:34
A recent survey provided to all departments within DHL Bahrain including Aviation was to ascertain how the employee's felt about their work enviroment. The majority of the DHL Bahrain pilots voted no confidence in all aspects of the operation, ranging from operations, maintenance to management. The survey claims the information will be provided to the main corporate headquarters in Germany. However, most of the Pilots feel once the DHL management in Bahrain see the horrible rating given by the Pilots, the survey will never make it to Germany.:=

joehunt
20th Sep 2008, 04:31
Put it this way.

If the "management" in Germany don't know what is going on in BAH, then they would not really have the brains to interpret the results of a pole.

zosssie
20th Sep 2008, 16:15
Would be interesting to get crew opinion on the flight schedule. Management are somewhat proud of their latest creation Version 6. :ugh:

kbo415
21st Sep 2008, 13:10
Everyone seems to be glad a certain person is back from holidays. I think she is going to have her work cut out for her cleaning up the mess management made:}.. That of course is if they let her do her job.

Shilpan
21st Sep 2008, 18:09
Yes welcome back, we love you G. Hope you are feeling well rested and strong 'cos I think you will be spending a long time sorting things out.

I wonder what DHL pay dope y and dingbat to generate a roster not remotely resembling what we actually do, besides making a mockery of the FAA Flight and Rest Scheduling Limits. When scheduled off you get called to do a flight (which you do cos if you don't you will lose the hourly pay). When your rostered to do a double Iraq TVR won't even bother to phone and let you know that someone else is doing it, he simply leaves you wondering "what to do yannee".

Kbo415, your right on the money, lets hope they do allow her to do the job without interference. I hope we never see a c:mad:ck up of this magnitude again.

Shilpan
21st Sep 2008, 19:11
I often browse PPrune and find the posts to be informative and very entertaining. Some individuals like to use it as a platform to launch personal attacks that tend to deviate from the point of the thread but I must say that because PPrune has such a following it tends to have impact when it reaches the concerned peoples attention.

DHL is a strong and respected company but sometimes the very senior management are unaware (I am assuming) of what is going on in certain departments. Aircrew are skilled in the art of b:mad:tching, wherever we are but I have never seen such unhappy faces as now.

I would estimate that up to 80% of us have applications in with other Middle East Airlines and await the "good news". DHL salary is competitive with other Operators such as Ethihad, Emirates, Gulf Air, Bahrain Air, Qatar Airways etc but only if you do 95 hrs a month as the basic pay is low and the balance is made up of flight pay. When you have a month of bad weather or insufficient loads then you feel the pinch and the remuneration drops way below local market rates. This is particularly detrimental when going on leave. This system of pay is also not conducive to a safe operation for obvious reasons.

Crew meetings with management now kick off in the form of a Power Point presentation detailing all the huge losses we are suffering in certain regions and finally being told that these are the reasons why they cannot pay us normal salaries. This obviously sets the tone for the rest of the meeting. In other words don't waste our time by asking for anything.

It beats me why the DO and CP appear to be making life as miserable as possible for the crew. It takes effort to create a comfortable and decent working atmosphere and conditions. Come on fellas, you used to be mere mortals like us. Why don't you drop the act and attitude and work with us for the common goal. It's not too late for you to turn this scr:mad:w up around. Remember that a happy crew member is also economical on fuel given that we operate thirsty three holers.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Shilpan

zosssie
22nd Sep 2008, 19:34
Apparently the Chief Pilot has been telling everyone that the crew are now under a new set of Flight and Duty rules which are even more lenient than current legislation. Is this true and if so has this been approved by the necessary authorities??? In fact I heard a Fright Engineer saying that they themselves have not been officially notified. Good luck guys and hope you get your well deserved rest.

kbo415
23rd Sep 2008, 06:19
Wait till management starts getting the different resignations coming in. I'm sure they won't care.. but it should mess operations up a little more.. But not to worry, maybe then it won't be to hard to schedule just a couple of dozen people which will be left to run the airline... oh my mistake, did I say airline, sorry freight forwarding company.

bostonpilgrim
23rd Sep 2008, 08:50
Can't see it messing up operations too much, with the first B757 arrival in the Kingdom now less than 5 weeks away. I guess that news will be broke to you soon enough.

Looks like superb management strategy to me.

Am sure you will be happier flying under those African skies :oh:

RUMple4skin
23rd Sep 2008, 09:48
Hey Boston Penguin what's wrong with the Blue African Skies old boy. Don't knock it till you try it. Tell us more about the B757. Would love to get my hands on her curves. Also can you imagine all that thrust behind you hey Bos. C'mon throw us a bone or two.

On second thoughts we should start another thread, we don't want to be accused of hijacking hey!

R

bobby7272
23rd Sep 2008, 10:13
BA is firing 600 managers because they do nothing relevent for the company and they cost a lot . imagine they would do the same in Bahrain , that would be heaven. More money, better usage of the A/C, and of course a better athmosphere.:ok:

think about it boss.

back to the thread now

it is discusting to have to make a survey that would be thrown in the trash when the comments are not what expected.

as for the roster, boys it will never change. we need more crews. it s not going to happen.

fly safe:D:D:D:D

Bobby

kbo415
23rd Sep 2008, 11:24
Hey guys, boston must know something we don't.. Heard today a 757 is coming to help compliment the a300. But on one knows the full details.. I would guess it will be wet leased.. There's no way in hell they(DHL) would let us cowboys fly that little philly... Hey, boston if you know more, please do tell..

bobby7272
23rd Sep 2008, 13:07
cut the crap Kbo415. You are trying to us make us stay????

Fly safe:ugh::{