PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Problem

sthaussiepilot
19th Sep 2008, 13:39
G'day

My Ipod Shuffle has recently run into a little snag...

It just skips around 50% of the songs I have put on my ipod (With Itunes) like they werent even there,

Tried restoring the ipod any ideas?

Cheers

dany4kin
15th Oct 2008, 01:01
Ok from my limited knowledge I would offer the following...

You sure that all your songs are on the ipod? Not sure of the capacity but if you have more songs on itunes than capacity on your pod, they are not all going to fit.

The only other thing I could think of is that you are actually putting the songs you want on and not accidently only uploading from a certain playlist?

On this train of thought, that may be a way round it; put your top songs in a specific playlist then only upload those tunes.

Bit vague I know....

sthaussiepilot
15th Oct 2008, 04:55
Cheers for the reply,
I have:
Songs from Itunes= 884.6MB
Ipod Capacity= 1GB

And I tried the Playlist option, and so far so good :ok:

Thanks Mate:ok::ok::)
Much more enjoyable time on deck now:)

Thanks again

Wangja
15th Oct 2008, 05:09
The solution to iPod problems is usually to throw away iTunes.

crewmeal
15th Oct 2008, 05:26
Have you paid for the songs? I have a couple of tracks I downloaded to my Nokia N95 and they won't play because I they need a license validation.

sthaussiepilot
15th Oct 2008, 07:23
All paid for (through I tunes, or bigpond music, or ripped from a CD/ Album through Itunes)

Any Alternatives to Itunes?
or just do a re-install?

Squawk7777
16th Oct 2008, 18:21
Any Alternatives to Itunes?

Yes! It is called Winamp! It took me a while to understand how to manage songs, but once I got used to it, I realised that it is a much better alternative to iTunes.

Alternatively, you can also use Yamipod (freeware) to bypass iTunes. You can even plug in a friends iPod to your computer, close iTunes (if it starts automatically), launch Yamipod, and you can download his songs onto your computer. That's the way of filesharing I like! :ok:

On a second thought... did you eject your iPod correctly? If not, it might be that a premature eject :uhoh: might have corrupted some songs.

7 7 7 7

dany4kin
17th Oct 2008, 03:29
Ah yes, premature ejection....... nasty that.....