PDA

View Full Version : Moving .GIF clipart in MS Outlook

Peter Perfect
7th Apr 2000, 18:41
Wonder if anyone can help. I can send an animated .gif email using outlook express, but can't get the animations to work in Outlook. I only really use Outlook and I don't want to keep hopping back to Outlook Express. I've tried changing my email editor to html & rtf but to no efect. Any ideas will be appreciated.

spannersatcx
7th Apr 2000, 20:19
Outlook Express and Outlook, although sharing the same name, are two totally different kettles of fish and should not be associated together. Things that can be done in one do not neccessarily happen in another, sorry I can't be of much more help.

Peter Perfect
8th Apr 2000, 03:33
Thanks Spans,

Know anybody that can help? Outlook, being the full version, should work - but HOW!!

Boo hoo!

FL310
9th Apr 2000, 03:27
Actually, it works very easy.

Create a new message, put the cursor to the position where you want the picture to appear and click on INSERT, on the drop-down menu do NOT select file, instead go to PICTURE ( a bit further down where the arrows appear) and you will get a selection window. Browse to the picture file you want to place in the mail, select positioning, alternate text (the text which appears if the picture is not loaded yet) and say ok.

You will INCLUDE instead of ATTACH, that is the difference.

Peter Perfect
9th Apr 2000, 15:25
FL310,

Thanks for your help, BUT I'm buggered if I can get it to animate. No problem inserting it, but the picture remains still. Anymore ideas please?

FL310
10th Apr 2000, 02:41
do youself a favour and send it to [email protected] will have a look at the gif. This after Friday, leaving now for duty. I know it works, think it may be an issue with the gif.