PDA

View Full Version : I need advise about helicopter flight schools in California

Tinto
17th Sep 2008, 17:36
Hello!!I´´m Spanish,I have the comercial and instrument licence J.A.R and I would like to go to California to change to F.A.A, doing flight´s hours ,learning anglish and perhaps doing the certified flight instructor,I´m looking schools and there are a lot(LAHELICOPTERS,MAZZEIFLYING,GROUP3,CIVICHELICOPTERS,TWINA IR,UHI...)but there are a lot of differents in their prices.I don´t konw what to do and If you´d have information about that schools,could you tell me???

Thank you

Islandcrazy
17th Sep 2008, 22:54
Tinto,

Please check your PM's.

IC

MrEdd
18th Sep 2008, 14:30
Can´t say to much. But ran in some probs picking up a 22 due to company left me hanging a bit.
LA Heli helpt me out instead w a far check out.
Nice people and looked like a well run school.
If im not wrong so are they also working toghether w Columbia heli and gives a good sling load course.

darrenphughes
18th Sep 2008, 17:07
I went to Mazzei Flying Service. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. They're great. If you have any specific questions you got about them, just PM me and I'll answer all that I can.

Tinto
18th Sep 2008, 19:30
Thanks MrEdd

darrenphughes
18th Sep 2008, 20:12
I went to Mazzei Flying Service. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. They're great. If you have any specific questions you got about them, just PM me and I'll answer all that I can.

g-mady
18th Sep 2008, 20:17
Specialized helicopters? In Watsonville?

MADY

Tinto
18th Sep 2008, 20:18
Ok,thank you very much

Hedge36
19th Sep 2008, 00:30
Bristow has plenty of Part 61 availability in Concord (KCCR) at the moment.

BlenderPilot
19th Sep 2008, 02:58
Went to Mazzei and loved it there . . . . . got my first turbine job two months after I left the school and haven't flown a piston since, so it must not be too bad :cool:

mustering guru
19th Sep 2008, 03:30
LA helicopters are great in Long beach...did a conversion with them and I have over 8000hrs....I would recommend them anytime

chester2005
24th Sep 2008, 14:43
LA Helicopters are very worthy of recommendation, the owners are accomodating with anything you require, one of them also flies for Columbia and helps teach the sling course.
The chief pilot is French (don't hold that against him!!) and is a Part time Factory pilot for Robinson in Torrance.
Good machines and good CFIs and their prices are reasonable as well!!

If i can answer any questions about them please PM me.

Chester:ok:

Paul Cantrell
25th Sep 2008, 16:45
Also, I'd recommend HeliStream at John Wayne airport, Orange County. I flew with the owner back in the 80's at the factory course and I've flown with them now and again over the years. Well run school.

Helistream > HOME (http://www.helistream.com/)