PDA

View Full Version : Lhr AtC

waterski145
18th Sep 2008, 02:35
Questions for the smart guys;
Why everytime we get a clearance req. in LHR we need to specify the type of A/C (B 747/400?). Does CX despatch files otherwise (ATC knows how to read the flight plan I assume)??

After departure we give the name of the SID (Brookman6J or F)
Can ATC look on their paper strip and read what dpt.we are doing?why the double redundancy

why upon arrival they ask; say type of A/C. Can they look on the screen and read the type of A/c next to the SSR code? At times I wish to reply
ehm, Cx 250 is a PA200 seneca!!!!

Why is only in LHR??
No anymosity just curiosity.

Cheers

VR-HFX
18th Sep 2008, 08:50
Waterworld

LHR best ATC bar none. They may appear to be built in redundancies but it never hurts to double check everything. We fly two types into LHR. Many operators fly a lot more than 2 types. It never hurts to build redundancy into any system, it only increases safety at no cost to anyone.

Try the Seneca trick if you like but not with me please.:)

throw a dyce
18th Sep 2008, 13:09
I'm not Heathrow but UK and ex HK atc.
The mention of type on arrival is common to other units.It's because many operators do change types on routes without telling us.One operator I can think of has aircraft with different vortex categories.Another swaps Dash8 D with Emb145.Can catch you out if you're busy.Same goes on delivery frequency.
As for giving SID on departure.Yes this is double check,to make sure that you are on the correct routing.It also is a cross check against levels busts.
I'm interested if it's the same at Manchester.It's similar at other Nats units.Just some of their hot topics at the moment.

Ballistic Amah
18th Sep 2008, 16:41
Waterman,

Actually we are required to state the SID when contacting departure out of HKG too.

Cavallier
19th Sep 2008, 04:56
Ballistic,
I think the requirement to give your SID to Hong Kong ATC might have been ammended as of last year to just altitude passing and altitude climbing to. Will have a check of the VOL 5.

The Cav

Bograt
19th Sep 2008, 07:55
From the Jepp website, effective 25Sep08: SID plates show required to give callsign, current and cleared alt only on first contact with DEP.

Current plates call for SID designator as well as altitudes.