PDA

View Full Version : Scandalous Tour Op Amendment Charge

mdw491
17th Sep 2008, 20:14
Just a quick question, got screwed by the fall of XL, but we've been able to book another holoiday through On The Beach, on inputting my partners name, I missed a letter, out, I should have checked I know, but after I had confirmed the booking, I noticed it when I got the E-Mail back saying thanks for the booking.

I immediately sent them an E-Mail pointing out my error, just got one back tonight, saying thanks but you will have to pay £80 to change this. We lost almost £1400 through XL going under, this one's just cost us £1700.

Now we're flying from Dublin on Thursday next week with Falcon Air, (we should have flown from MAN, but it was cheaper to fly to Dublin, get the hotel etc.

My question is, if I phone Falcon direct, will they deal with me, also will the be sympathetic to a simple error.

Thanks in advance folks.

Michael (long time member of Arrse)

parabellum
18th Sep 2008, 00:43
I would be inclined to go with the incorrectly spelt name, the check-in staff are hardly likely to know it was your fault, just blame it on 'computers'. I have a long and slightly complicated name , I think I have seen it spelt correctly once or twice on airline tickets over the last forty years, incorrect spelling never stopped me from getting on yet!

FredWest
18th Sep 2008, 07:15
Parabellum, thanks for the advice, I think I'll go with that one.

I just couldn't believe that they've got the nerve to charge £80, £15 maybe, but that's disgusting.

I won't be booking through them again.

the dean
19th Sep 2008, 10:05
do'nt know about falcon...but even RYR allow one spelling error without charge...

its hardly a name change..

sooooooooo i'd go with it.

enjoy.:cool:

mdw491
19th Sep 2008, 13:44
Cheers folks, we're gonna go with it.

Thanks (Fred West is my alter ego)