PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup 2008

BlooMoo
17th Sep 2008, 21:06
It's that time again...

Latest odds
Europe (8/11), USA (5/4)

Personally I think it's going to be tighter than that - although I thought it would be tight last time:O

US has nothing to lose vs US under pressure to win sometime soon vs Europe now under pressure to win vs US can win coz no Tigger vs US can't coz no Tigger vs Europe won't win coz of Faldo vs Europe can't lose coz of Faldo vs US cnanged the format vs etc, etc

Personally, I will need to watch my blood pressure. Would like to see a streaker though, I think golf is missing a trick there...

Richard Taylor
17th Sep 2008, 22:11
Seems Faldo was caught by an eagle-eyed cameraman with a list which contained the (players') initials of what everyone suspected was his proposed lineup for Fri morning. Whoops! :rolleyes:

Faldo claimed they were merely his lineup for practice tomorrow!

Of course it's possible Faldo was trying to throw the Media off the scent but he sounded a tad irritated at the press conference!

BlooMoo
17th Sep 2008, 22:58
a tad irritated at the press conference

That sounds like Faldo just after he's stepped out of a flotation tank having taken about 2 kilos of anti-depressants an hour or two earlier.

I reckon 'Faldo brings press conference to shocked and stunned silence' is more like 'tad irritated' in Faldo terms.

Richard Taylor
19th Sep 2008, 08:58
Awwww, Falso (sic) getting all misty-eyed about meeting the Louisville Lip. Talk about a charm offensive!:rolleyes:

So the pairings were as expected.:hmm:

Should us Brits though be supporting Europe, given the kicking most other European nations give us in the Eurovision Song Contest?:E

USA...USA...USA...

On second thoughts...LET BATTLE COMMENCE...:}

One9iner
19th Sep 2008, 09:05
When asked about the list Faldo was holding he tried to say it was the sandwich list .... ha !!!!:D:D

Richard Taylor
19th Sep 2008, 09:07
sg...lw...blt... ;)

Parapunter
19th Sep 2008, 09:23
Nick Faldo was a carpet fitter before golf & once tied my best mate to a newell post to stop him being annoying. Not many people know that.

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th Sep 2008, 12:20
I wonder what odds you could get on how many times we have to listen to some [email protected] spam holler "Get in the hole" over the coming 3 days........:ugh:

VitaminGee
19th Sep 2008, 12:26
Well I hope that pillock Poulter plays better than he behaved at the opening ceremony. :*

rubik101
19th Sep 2008, 13:07
The Ryder Cup wouldn't be the same without the fuquit calls of 'get in the hole' even off the 485 yds tee shots!
Don't you just love the Yanks and their Yeehaa attitude to just everything?
Phil Mickelson teeing off now and I'm sure I heard at least one call!

Saab Dastard
19th Sep 2008, 13:23
Would like to see a streaker though

Now a fourball would be interesting!

SD

Ace Rimmer
19th Sep 2008, 13:55
Anybody else think that the opening ceremony was cringemaking and amatuer-ish?....and that compare bloke (NBC type) what a w-anchor arrrrrr (sorry thread jump).

GANNET FAN
19th Sep 2008, 14:10
The extraordinary thing was that the US captain had just left an opening ceremony at Valhalla where he had talked of sportsmanship counting for more than anything else in a week such as this.

Everyone’s worst fears about Paul Azinger were realised at the rally he held in Louisville last night. Barely had the event began that the US captain was telling the people, “You can cheer missed putts.”