PDA

View Full Version : easyJet on-line Application Form

hogsbreath
14th Dec 1999, 03:48
Is there a way to save the document once completed; when I retrieve the completed form all the entry fields are blank. This is a real p*sser because when I tried to transmit the form an error message came up, something like 'file not available try later', so now I'll have to rewrite the whole thing. Also, is completing this type of form possible 'off line' to save the 'phone bill. Thanks.

TBone
14th Dec 1999, 17:21
None of the browsers I have will save field info when I save the page. You might be better off writing the paragraphs in notepad or similar and then cutting and pasting them into the form - that way you will have a record of what you have written come interview time.

If you want to complete it off-line, wait until the page has finished loading, then disconnect from the internet. When you're ready to submit the form, either restart the net connection manually or just click on the submit button (if your pc is configured to automatically connect when required).

Cheers

hogsbreath
15th Dec 1999, 05:04
Thanks; their 'Submit' facility is still down; into the 21st century and beyond....I'd be better off sending a C.V. in the Xmas post!

FL310
17th Dec 1999, 02:45
There was obviously a problem for some applications submitted. I just submitted everything for a friend and it worked ok....
;)

Biggles Flies Undone
17th Dec 1999, 20:34
How about trying the "print screen" option (if I remember rightly you then have to copy/paste into a word doc). You won't be able to manipulate the data, but at least you'll have a record of what you told them!

FL310
18th Dec 1999, 01:46
There is a much easier way. With IE 5x installed you have also Frontpage Express. Open the page simply in Frontpage Express and you can store it and see what you did.
Anyway, Easyjet sends you a copy of the sent form as email straight away, this is the confirmation that the process was ok.

FL310
19th Dec 1999, 21:42
We found out today (some netties I chatted with) that there is no problem with the site at all if all pre-written text in the fields is over-written or deleted.
Do not send any of the words mentions in the fields during start of the page.
This obviously produces the problem of rejecting the reply.