PDA

View Full Version : Importing from Lotus Organiser

Ed Set
14th Dec 1999, 01:28
Can any of you awfully clever technophobes tell me if it is possible to import addresses from an oldish variant of Lotus Organiser to Microsoft Outlook "contacts"?
And if so, how - preferably in words even a pilot would understood!!

TBone
14th Dec 1999, 17:24
I can only offer a stab in the dark, as I no longer use Outlook and I've never used Lotus Organiser but as no-one else seems to know any better.....

I seem to recall that Outlook could import from a small number of address book formats and Organiser was not one of them. However, Outlook can import what is known as a flat-text file (basically all the codes stripped out of the address book and the various bits of data separated by commas).

See if Organiser will allow you to export a file in flat-text (comma-delimited) format and then try importing that into Outlook.

Best I can do.

Cheers

Ed Set
14th Dec 1999, 22:41
T Bone
Yes it will allow CSV values to be imported, but every time I try this, I keep getting a load of Jumble.
Presumably the values from one to the other need to be the same, ie surname in both v proper name, etc?
Just trying to see if there is any easy way as the csv values keep changing as soon as I try to import.
Thanks for your effort though - any further thoughts
Regards

FL310
17th Dec 1999, 02:42
Never used Lotus and their programs but, as I heard, you should be able to export your data into some database format, i.e. dBase.
This format can be read by Outlook or, as an intermediate step, you may edit them in Exel or similar program or even with dBase.

Ed Set
19th Dec 1999, 01:04
Thanks FL, I'll try that and report back