PDA

View Full Version : Problem with YouTube

Runaround Valve
17th Sep 2008, 06:36
I have a problem viewing YouTube and hope that one of our tech-savvy people can find a fix for me.
I get onto a YouTube site O K, but above the rating stars and below the
name of the clip to be viewed is nothing.
No diamond to click on to play, no progress bar, time, volume etc. This whole line is missing.
Seems like I need Flash or some other player to view it.
Will appreciate any assistance.

Runaround Valve.

Saab Dastard
17th Sep 2008, 07:24
Yes, you need Flash Player (http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/).

Adobe Download Centre (http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash)

SD

Capn Notarious
18th Sep 2008, 07:33
Does any one else, have varying rate of sound volume, when connected to this site?

Sensible
21st Sep 2008, 19:17
Yes, varying sound volume and quality. I guess its down to the levels of quality of the clips.

Avtrician
22nd Sep 2008, 11:14
Try turning off your fire wall for a moment, and try reloading youtube. If that works, you will need to do some tuning of your firewall settings.

dont forget to turn the firewall back on after the test

primreamer
25th Sep 2008, 22:44
I have a similar problem. When trying to view a YouTube video I get " You either have an old version of Flash Player or Java Script turned off. Click here for latest Flash Player". Java is definitely on and after clicking the link to the Adobe download centre and downloading the latest flash player, the caption as above at top of page is the same. On my "Add or Remove progs" file the flash player icon appears but theres no info/properties for it and theres a small red cross on the corner of it. Can anyone help?

BOAC
14th Nov 2008, 20:51
I have just finally sorted getting Firefox3 to play Youtube videos - the problem lay in the 'Noscript' add-on. I had 'allowed' uk.youtube.com and youtube.com on the whitelist, but after a lot of Googling discovered that Youtube have had to split their server load and now use ytimg.com also which needs to be added.

Loose rivets
14th Nov 2008, 21:42
You have got your Adblock off for this have you. I find that sometimes I just get a blank viewing screen, but clicking Adblock off get me going again.

I got an un announced Firefox upgrade today. 3 0 4. It mentioned that something was not suitable for Youtube, and said that it would install it when they had a fix. All this went by without really wanting my involvement. :ugh:

I hate when that happens.

frostbite
14th Nov 2008, 21:46
You don't have to have that happen.

If you go to Tools>Options>Advanced>Updates you can select for FF to ask you first.

Loose rivets
15th Nov 2008, 06:47
It's duly un-checked thanks.

One has installed the OS so many times just lately, that box had gone back to square one and forgotten.

BOAC
15th Nov 2008, 07:55
You have got your Adblock off for this have you. - no - this one was a 'NoScript' setting. If you are not familiar, it only allows JS to run from 'approved' ie 'whitelisted' sites and the problem was caused by YT introducing another server site.