PDA

View Full Version : "The old guard"

Jerricho
17th Sep 2008, 03:46
Sooooo.............

Roll call.

Front and center.

Let's have a reunion of sorts. I see the Clumsy so-and-so is still kicking round, as is Herr Drapes.

Anyone for a "field trip"

:E

Krystal n chips
17th Sep 2008, 04:24
Have you been away to somewhere, erm, "quiet and restful" then... a little soothing oasis for the er, mind shall we say??....:):E

I did think of posting alng the lines of "I am the light, I am the resurrection" etc ....as you clearly have been...but was worried this may set off a remission given the origins of the statement....:p:E

Atlas Shrugged
17th Sep 2008, 04:26
Remember what happened on the last field trip.....:=

AA SLF
17th Sep 2008, 04:41
er - believe that Singapore Girl already has an expedition in progress.

Atlas Shrugged
17th Sep 2008, 04:57
Oooh, I do hope its to the Medical & Health Forum :E

Howard Hughes
17th Sep 2008, 05:12
Ooh, ooh, I know the secret handshake, can I join the 'old guard'?

I'm always up for a field trip!:ok:

BombayDuck
17th Sep 2008, 05:12
I'm 25, do I qualify as old guard? I is bin hear phor manny yars!

Missed out on the last field trip though :( Wouldn't mind a new one :E

Windy Militant
17th Sep 2008, 09:27
Do I get a free bus pass as I joined in the last century! :}

angels
17th Sep 2008, 09:31
Another oldun here. Where's me zimmer frame smiley?

BTW - Jerricho is a young blade -- although hats off to him for telling those grumpy old pilots where to go (quite literally)!

PS - He can't spell centre either.....

tony draper
17th Sep 2008, 09:43
Bah! who let these young whippersnappers in,
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/Deaddogbay/angry_old_man.jpg

Cheerio
17th Sep 2008, 11:00
Hell yeah. :}

fishtits
17th Sep 2008, 11:29
:ok:

Ready, willing and able (to spell centre correctly)

Where we going?

Binoculars
17th Sep 2008, 11:49
Wherever Singaporegirl is going is where I want to be. The rest of you can bugger off.

Err, welcome back, J. How long for this time?

Windy Militant
17th Sep 2008, 12:20
Sigh.... Oh for the days when only a few Young Cameliers drove their phwoar By phwoars with conch shells stuck to their ears.
Oh well off to the sherbert stall to oggle the comely wenches of negotiable virtue! ;)

Who's got the Scrolls these days! :ooh: ;)

Farrell
17th Sep 2008, 12:49
Ahhhhh.....Jerricho.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10043443A~Chris-Jerricho-Posters.jpg

Jerricho
17th Sep 2008, 13:59
Heh.

Been stopping in now and then for a wee check-up on what's going on and alike.

This place is funny though. Same threads popping up (I'm amazed the Qantas Tech Log hasn't arisen in the last few months......ir maybe it has and I'm too lazy to use the good old search :E)

airship
17th Sep 2008, 14:39
Hello Jerricho, nice to see again hereabouts. :ok:

I'm not sure if I could ever be considered one of the 'old-guard'. Having said that, I've experienced numerous bannings, the longest being about 6 months until (I believe) Danny sold off PPRuNe and as if by magic, all the old banned usernames were reactivated once more...?!

However, there are lots of MIA's: TIM, TIC, Unwell Raptor, brokenspectre, grandpa and Nereus to name a few. Lots more my Scotch-clouded brain can't immediately recall. At least back in those days, taking the occassional trip across forums was not a capital offense. Or at least, we only had our Aunt Mary's at risk. JB today has little time for deviants. Instead, one is continuously attacked by full-time US government-subsidised agents, one of whom goes by the username brickhistory. This place is no longer somewhere one can come to relax, it's become a virtual battle-ground.

The days when some kind soul (since deceased :{) welcomed us all on our rare forays into other forums (African campfire I think it was called then for one of those jaunts) have long since gone. Perhaps if more people were joviable, I'd become more jovial too. I'm not sure though.

But stay awhile? Perhaps your reappearance will result in some sort of ground-swell movement towards a more relaxed (if still hard-hitting) JB of a few years back...?!

PS. Autumn is here. Winter will soon follow. JBers will be cradling their favourite alcoholic beverages in increasing numbers from now on whilst spending the dark evenings on PPRuNe...?!

Jerricho
17th Sep 2008, 14:53
Shippy, you were certainly included in my net.

Yes, that time of year is upon us (well, for those folk here in the Northern Hemisphere......and it is the Northern Hemisphere, not the f**king Western Hemisphere as I have heard call several time) where Mother Nature decides to stand aside for Old Man Winter to come along and freeze the crap out of all and sundry. Go outside in -30 or play on the Computer? Tough choice.

Parapunter
17th Sep 2008, 15:14
I'll drive.

singaporegirl
17th Sep 2008, 15:28
Why, thank you Binos. You can be the barman. Just don't drink all the profits. ;)

Not sure how I feel about being lumped in with all the GOMs, though. :rolleyes:

Binoculars
17th Sep 2008, 15:31
JBers will be cradling their favourite alcoholic beverages in increasing numbers from now on whilst spending the dark evenings on PPRuNe...?!

Oh dear. Summer is on my doorstep and I feel the same way. Am I ever going to feel well again?

Jerricho
17th Sep 2008, 16:33
Who said anything about grumpy......just coz Bino's turned up :}

airship
17th Sep 2008, 17:31
Am I ever going to feel well again? Binos, back in about 2002/3, I had this ex. superyacht skipper bunking down on my sofa. Old Don was about 60 years old by this time. He'd worked for so many dubious super-rich including a wealthy Lebanese family that I'm surprised the CIA ever let him off to wander alone. But alone he was. Some years before, he'd bought a 2,000 acre farm in North or South (I forget which) Dakota where he was going to retire to. Instead of which, he'd become infatuated by a 23 year old Brazilian he'd come across on his S. American travels and helped find a job on a European yacht. He couldn't help but follow her across the pond. That summer, I initially had the both of them, then when she found another job, just Don, who wailed incessantly about his unfortunate predicament. I'm retired he'd cry, but the ranch doesn't make any money and here I am almost broke in Europe trying to keep an eye on my gal...?! :{ Well, I eventually found him a job as skipper of a 60m yacht, worthy of his abilities. He was able to recruit his gal aboard and life was just fine for awhile. Then she left him and came back here. She liked my pudicats and in spite of her best efforts, I am not someone who likes to live with women I can't / won't sleep with - I like to think that I choose my own company. Luckily though, she was able to get a very good job on another superyacht after 10 days or so - Brazilian cuisine is OK but not that good...?!

I remember Don arriving at my doorstep one evening very late that summer. Obviously, I knew he'd been fired ever since his young Brazilian friend had left him for whatever reason...?! Leaving aside for the moment my loss of credibility with the superyacht owner who'd agreed to take on Don at my sole recommendation, I was nevertheless prepared to accommodate him for another few weeks (he was actually very good with the pudicats - especially after that time Pudi went missing and I accused him of having left the front door open and Don was gone for at least 2 hours trying to find poor Pudicat in the streets who in the meantime had casually come back from her normal wanders...?!) :E But no, Don explained he was going back to what he had left (the ranch in the Dakotas somewhere), he was finished with running after girls 1/2 his age (I'd have argued 1/3rd his age), he'd send me a postcard to let me know what was going on. One of my neighbours across the street once remarked 'Bonjour monsieur, votre ami est parti...?!" Apparently, as my flat did not have a/c, Don prefered to leave all the windows open and wear the absolute minimum regardless of what the neighbours 'en face' might see.

Well, it's been at least 5 or 6 years. Never had a postcard, Xmas card or whatever since. I'm not sure whether his own ranch is one of these, but I've heard that lots of hitherto dirt-poor ranch owners in the middle US states are undergoing somewhat of a revival of fortunes because of the oil price rises over the last 6 months and interest from oil-well developers establishing rigs on their properties. I hope he made it good, or at least enough to be able to forget that Brazilian hussy.

The Invisible Man
17th Sep 2008, 17:59
Is this a roll call for old guard deviants???

Anyone want a race to get banned.... Airship evens favourite

Hi Jerrico

Davaar
17th Sep 2008, 18:06
Is that the same Jerricho?

Jerricho
17th Sep 2008, 18:24
Greetings to you Sir D.

I'm going to be in your part of the world next week.......the thriving metropolis of Cornwall Ontario (fleeting visit).

One has been to Cornwall before. The aroma of that whatever the hell it is plant at on the west end of the city/town/whatever they call themselves is one I will remember always. That and the local demographic that saw fit to drive up and down the water front on sleds firing rifles at the houses.

Davaar
17th Sep 2008, 19:23
The trade in contraband tobacco is very profitable, they do say.

airship
17th Sep 2008, 19:29
TIM?! Ye barsteward, where ya been? I've missed you. If you're just going to disappear agian for another 2 years, then there's nothing further I have to add. Good day to you. I said, Good Day sir! :ok::=:{

Jerricho
17th Sep 2008, 20:03
So I hear, Sir D.

It's nice to see some very familiar names here.

Speaking of TIM's.......anyone seen that other cat dude? The one who looks like Phil Collins?

Farrell
17th Sep 2008, 22:13
I'm in the process of negotiating the return off......

...OneBall.

Say again s l o w l y
17th Sep 2008, 22:18
Can we get Slasher back too? We need more smut in here.

ShyTorque
17th Sep 2008, 22:33
Been stopping in now and then for a wee check-up on what's going on and alike.

Where, at the clinic? How is the wee these days?

(you did say Old Guard)

Jerricho
17th Sep 2008, 22:34
My buddy Scrubby? Wow. Good work Mr F.

Should we try and entice Colmac back? He was always such a literate, intelligent contributor.

......as to my wee

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs24/300W/f/2007/360/1/0/The_Peeing_whatisname_by_Dan1el535.jpg

ShyTorque
17th Sep 2008, 22:42
Nice shine. Now we know where you were. You've been polishing it, haven't you? ;)

Jerricho
17th Sep 2008, 22:45
Hell yeah.

It's mine and I'll shine it as fast and as much as I like.

Standard Noise
17th Sep 2008, 23:54
I would recommend an end to polishing, lest it vanishes altogether.:}

Farrell
18th Sep 2008, 00:41
Slasher.....yes indeed!

Will drop him an email later today.

Colmac - christ, I don't know where that poor barsteward went to!

Farrell

Onan the Clumsy
18th Sep 2008, 01:48
You called? :E

CityofFlight
18th Sep 2008, 03:28
LR...is that you, sir? :E:confused:

Binoculars
18th Sep 2008, 03:41
Airship, I'm sorry old bean, but the connection between my plaintive plea and your albeit interesting story completely escapes me. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But one thing leaped out at me.....

That summer, I initially had the both of them, then when she found another job, just Don, who wailed incessantly about his unfortunate predicament.

I think Don got it about right.

CityofFlight
18th Sep 2008, 03:54
Binos... with as much respect as one can muster towards Airship, thread drift and ramblings are his trade mark---unless he happens to post EARLY in the day. (And...I actually know of a post where he was most coherent once.)

Airship...xx....is twue....is twue, monsieur!

West Coast
18th Sep 2008, 05:20
Ahhh, the thought of Bino's and me arm in arm singing pagan fight songs, him buying the beer. Aint it grand.

Krystal n chips
18th Sep 2008, 05:24
Erm, hows the, er DIET going these days ?.........just curious :hmm::E

Cornholio
18th Sep 2008, 06:16
I is here 2.

The most important thing about being an old guard member is not to look too interested in it but to be sure and get your name in here regardless.

Farrell
18th Sep 2008, 06:20
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/2257/CornholioMovie.jpg

I notice that the Winnipeg Wonder didn't actually include me the Old Guard....imagine!
And to add to that, I was the ONLY one who actually didn't leave him sitting on his own in bars for the duration of his time is London!

Scrubbed
18th Sep 2008, 11:28
You rang...?

Interesting what PM mail builds up whilst one is in zero-tau. Some real perves out there.

ShyTorque
18th Sep 2008, 11:58
One thing the "old guard" must now decide is how old one has to be to be old guard. Furthermore, who is qualified to say who is going to be eligible.

I'm not even sure I'm even qualified to ask these questions.

Sorry, it's been a difficult morning and the chicken soup I had for lunch has gone straight to my head; I'm running around all over the place; it must have been a headless chicken. :eek:

Foss
18th Sep 2008, 12:13
Do I even count? The dates say yes, but the computer says no.
Post count 67 my left one.

redsnail
18th Sep 2008, 12:22
What's with the old?

Lon More
18th Sep 2008, 12:25
I was just going to post that but Reddo beat me to it.

sisemen
18th Sep 2008, 12:56
...and then there are those who so offended the managment that they were totally banished never to return (except under a different name).

Jerricho
18th Sep 2008, 13:28
I was wondering how many would arc up at the "old" comment.

The only reason you turned up at the bar Farrell is coz you have a mad man crush on me. :}

.......and OtC. :ok: Now there's a username I didn't think we would see again.

ShyTorque
18th Sep 2008, 16:20
All these youngsters don't like to be called old. But are they actually young, or in self denial?

Me, I'm old, but look so young. Apart from the face, of course. And the body.

Loose rivets
18th Sep 2008, 17:08
LR...is that you, sir? http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/confused.gif

Sadly not C of F. I gather he's young, handsome and prosperous. Count's me right out.

I'm more like the character in Farrell's picture...or at least I was in SEN hospital. LOL, that was after they'd given me an evil brew.

Onans Girlfriend
18th Sep 2008, 17:16
Onan my darling, where have you been? I'm not as pretty as I used to be, the years have taken their toll. Do you still think of me, have I that special place in your heart ? So many questions.

And Jerrico, are you going to return my underwear?

I have missed you all xxx

Jerricho
18th Sep 2008, 17:33
Nope.

We're using it as a windsock.

Onans Girlfriend
18th Sep 2008, 17:49
So what are you tying them to I wonder!!!

Wholigan
18th Sep 2008, 17:53
Farrell told me that this was Onan's girlfriend .........................

http://library.thinkquest.org/28062/hand/hand.jpg

Onans Girlfriend
18th Sep 2008, 18:02
You naughty Wholigan you for listening to Farrel.

My Onan was never a **nker, a bit dim maybe!!

I wish he would surface and defend himself

Farrell
18th Sep 2008, 20:52
Ah yes Wholi - that's Jerricho's hand!

Onan doesn't need to do self-service because his "boy" is there to do it for him.
How do you think he paid his way through tin pusher school?

BluntM8
18th Sep 2008, 21:27
This is great. Some real "names" from PPRuNE history are here. Reminds me of when people had manners and these forums were more than a p!ssing contest amongst Hoi Poloi.

Welcome back, Jerricho!

Blunty

Jerricho
19th Sep 2008, 00:08
That is not my hand. It's no where near hairy enough and the knuckles aren't all scraped up.........

I've heard Onan just lies on his arm till it goes numb.

West Coast
19th Sep 2008, 05:26
But does he pour beer over it to get it drunk?

Jerricho
19th Sep 2008, 05:28
Sure.....he even buys it dinner.

And it still rejects him

(Westy, nice to see ya mate!)

Farrell
22nd Sep 2008, 06:33
Three days and not a peep!

I think the initial excitement was all a bit too much for the Old Guard!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cambridgeshire/content/images/2005/10/11/sleeping_man_14_340x270.jpg