PDA

View Full Version : ACG Cargo Airlines Germany

fly744
16th Sep 2008, 21:34
ACG Cargo airlines Germany,is looking for B744 Crews.Their contact address is Hanh-FRA.Anyone knows more about them?

earlyNFF
19th Sep 2008, 01:11
is looking for B744 Crews

where did you find this?

You google air cargo germany, you find the contact info on their website (under construction)

tom744
7th Oct 2008, 08:19
www.acg.aero (http://www.acg.aero) is now online but doesn't look very promising yet.
And Hahn airport is the end of the world, no highway going there, bad train connection, heavy snow during winter....Ryanair drivers know the place.
What I heard through the grapevine is that former LTU guys are running the show there but they are very reluctant to give any details about financing.

superspotter
18th Oct 2008, 11:05
Two ex Air China 744 freighter conversions on lease from AAI apparently on their way.

helldriver
18th Oct 2008, 21:09
I understand they hope to start operations in January 2009

helldriver
19th Oct 2008, 19:04
yes thanks

Diesel_10
22nd Oct 2008, 10:38
Quote:And Hahn airport is the end of the world, no highway going there, bad train connection, heavy snow during winter....Ryanair drivers know the place.

True: Not been there for a while. Train connection is still there but disused since 1992. Heavy snow in winter just adds to the quaintness of the place! Call it character building. End of the world? Not really - it's 70 k from LUX and I thought the E42 ran right past by now? Great airport - Great people. Good Luck ACG.:)

EHRD-0624
23rd Oct 2008, 09:49
HHN is indeed somewhat remote but the good thing about that is the 24/7 operation over there (no curfew!). Road connection is being greatly improved since the current 2-lane B50 is being upgraded to 4-lane expressway (some part have already been completed and opened). Works should finish sometime early 2009 which will cut down travelling time to FRA substantially.
The place can indeed receive a solid amount of snow during winter months but the Airport Authorities have invested millions of Euro's in probably the largest fleet of ultra-modern snow clearing equipment to be found anywhere in Europe. If you happen to stage through HHN just ask the Airport Authorities to tour their 'Winterdienst'storage facilities and you will be amazed!
Finally HHN's people are indeed a pleasure to work with. Always willing to help and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I would recommend it over FRA anytime!

helldriver
23rd Oct 2008, 18:30
I agree with every word from EHRD-0624.

HHN is an X american airforce base but since reverting to civil use it has grown and improved with every month. The service is second to none compared to FRA, everything is close to hand, so no long walks. All the airport staff are very friendly and helpfull.
Yes there are no trains to HHN at present but the structure is there, and as for the road, the E50 goes to LUX (70km) in one direction, and connects to the motorway A61/E31 in the other, most of which is 4 lanes.

mole man
26th Oct 2008, 16:02
anybody have any contact phone / email addresses for ops as I cant get an email to work at [email protected]

many thanks

mole man;)

j-p744
24th Nov 2008, 15:51
Does anybody know if the Conversion Course start today?

Snoopy747
1st Dec 2008, 18:05
First OCC started already, yes. You can find some more infos here (http://www.pilotsboard.com/board/index.php?topic=90.0) but its all german. The two planes are ex CHINA AIRLINES (CI/CAL) B-18273 and B-18275 currently beeing converted by IAI Industries in Tel Aviv.

figleaf
7th Dec 2008, 15:40
wont be nose loaders then, bit limiting for the company

flugholm
23rd Feb 2009, 14:51
Here's a pic of the first aircraft D-ACGA in front of the paint shop at Amsterdam:
JetPhotos.Net Photo ŧ D-ACGA (CN: 24311) Air Cargo Germany Boeing 747-409(SF) by ErwinS (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6492052)

SmartSmart
23rd Feb 2009, 14:52
Has ACG commenced operations yet? I read today that HSH Nordbank, financiers to Avion Aircraft Trading who in turn are financing ACG's aircraft had been denied €20BN in emergency funding pending fullfilment of certain conditions from the German authorities.

These include restoring it's capital ratios and shifting "unsafe" assets such as exposure to Icelandic institutions into a "bad debt bank"....

24th Feb 2009, 14:43
Anybody who knows anything about salary ?
Nothing on the ACG site..

j-p744
14th Mar 2009, 07:12
Does anybody know if ACG already started their operations?

747drivers
14th Mar 2009, 08:58
They are still waiting to get there AOC

goaround6
4th Apr 2009, 08:26
hi guys,any news about acg? do they have the aoc by now?:rolleyes:

FCS Explorer
5th Apr 2009, 01:10
..AeroLogic ain't on that list, too !?
yes, no plane sofar, but not even an AOC....?

Boxshifter
5th Apr 2009, 22:10
The list posted by the LBA contains only active AOC. As an holder of an AOC you can request to have it pending. This saves costs. No aircraft or no intention to fly no active AOC required.

ex-stoker
18th Apr 2009, 14:27
There's a rumor about the ACG owner. Isn't he a guy who bought 757 Condor fleet 5 years ago to start Russian VIM Airlines? I've already seen russian money in cargo business - that was Ocean Airlines! :ouch:

j-p744
22nd Apr 2009, 16:40
Does anybody know if they get their AOC, and when they expect to start their operations?

MD11F
22nd Apr 2009, 18:07
Hi Folks, very interesting to start a Cargo Airline these times! What do you think they are going to transport!? Most of the major Cargo Airlines are loosing about 30 percent of there flying! Some big players are closing down the hole Operation ( Northwest), so my 50 cents, no way, not yet,
Cheers MD11F

j-p744
10th May 2009, 15:46
So, does anybody know when they expect to start their operations?
Did they finaly get their AOC?

Sygyzy
8th Jun 2009, 15:15
You can't hurry these things. All wil be revealed shortly. Everything is going according to plan. And if you think these are merely platitudes...just ask Gordon whilst you still have time

hetfield
8th Jun 2009, 16:45
Abgehakt!

Never ever.

hetfield
8th Jun 2009, 20:08
Sure,

there is simply no market for another cargo operator in germany at present.

Regards

speedygonzalez
8th Jun 2009, 20:22
there is only one german cargo carrier...

why not a second one...

Tank2Engine
8th Jun 2009, 20:35
there is simply no market for another cargo operator in germany at present.
there is only one german cargo carrier...

why not a second one...Don't forget that within a catchment area of a few hundred kilometers, ACG will also have to compete with Cargolux, Cargo B and TNT, not just German carriers.

I'm not saying it won't work (look at Cargo B, they are still in business, despite all doom and gloom predictions) but ACG is definitely going to be fighting an uphill battle.

hailstone
8th Jun 2009, 21:13
speedy

make that two German cargo carriers

LHCargo and Aerologic

fingal flyer
8th Jun 2009, 22:19
Tank2Engine If your going to mention TNT dont forget UPS and DHL with European hubs in CGN and LEJ.

CargoMatatu
9th Jun 2009, 07:12
I don't think you can compare "Integrators" (small packages) with heavy freight.

Tank2Engine
9th Jun 2009, 08:19
I don't think you can compare "Integrators" (small packages) with heavy freight.Exactly.

Anyway...my point was that there is competition out there and that they will be in for a rough ride.

Tank2Engine
16th Jul 2009, 13:05
Air Cargo Germany gets green light for launch. (http://www.worldaircargoevents.com/news_detail.aspx?footer=1&news_id=1202)

It looks like they finally received their AOC and will commence operations soon.

foxy2600
28th Jul 2009, 15:48
Took off this morning ..........sweeeeeeeet !!

Foxy

747guru
28th Jul 2009, 20:48
Good news about ACG beginning flying ops today, best of luck to you all, perfect timing following the financial collapse of cargo b in brussels, I am sure you will avoid the mismanagement that plagued cargo b!!! Happy Landings

Goofyfoot
12th Aug 2009, 00:08
How is the operation and the future looking now that the AOC has been granted?

Need to Know Basis
12th Aug 2009, 12:06
For now they trudging backwards and forwards to Tashkent along with everyone else. They will do all right as long as they avoid BRQ and remain flying out of HHN.

I heard sked service is for end of Sept.

flugholm
13th Aug 2009, 08:58
Turany (BRQ) Czech Republic? Shouldn't be too difficult to avoid! :zzz:

Super Baloo
28th Aug 2009, 22:33
Not as far as I know.
Please develop a bit if you know something more in case you know something.

Bergkamp10
9th Sep 2009, 09:50
Hi All,

Anybody know how these guys are currently doing? We heard they had difficulties in TIP recently? Are they doing Schedule flights yet to China?

Appreciate any update, as have some guys looking to apply as F/O??

:ok:

cargo-dus
18th Sep 2009, 20:04
Got some mail from their GSA today about planned flights HHN-BEY-DXB and HHN-MFM-HKG over this weekend. BEY/DXB seems to be regular weekly flt on Saturdays. No idea about load-factor on these

Opsbeatch
1st Oct 2009, 15:30
How are these guys doing?

OB

Wiggly Bob
1st Oct 2009, 16:12
For info this bird was in Macau on the 18th of September when I flew in.

cargo-dus
11th Oct 2009, 21:51
Flights planned for next week HHN-ALA-PVG + HHN-DXB-PVG
As if it wasnīt enough capacity on Europe-PVG already available.

NSC
17th Oct 2009, 08:33
dear cargodus. please tell us what they are flying from HHN via DXB to PVG??

No RYR for me
17th Oct 2009, 11:56
Fuel and crew :sad:

hetfield
17th Oct 2009, 18:00
Fuel and crewExactly my thoughts:D

NSC
18th Oct 2009, 21:40
like cargo-b? look at it from the bright side, if on and off no other store would open in your village life would get predictable, wouldn't it? let's see what these guys are made off. give em a year and a half and then see what the grapevine says. brgds marvin happy

747guru
21st Oct 2009, 17:54
....I seem to remember a certain senior CargoB manager in BRU being interviewed in the flemish press about the sky high fuel price in mid 2008, if I remember correctly, he claimed that they could still make money with a crude oil price of $135/barrel operating B747 classics???

Perhaps volumes/yields were better then than the current market, however even at the time I considered this "wildly optimistic"!!!

I would like to know what type of pocket calculator he was using....I will put one on my Christmas list :)!

Best of luck to all at ACG, hopefully we may have turned the corner economically speaking.

hetfield
21st Oct 2009, 18:36
ACG which is probably too small to fight against the big boys.

Fully agree. But this was predictable. One hasn't to be an Einstein to expect it.

Daft Wader
21st Oct 2009, 19:19
one of their birds was in Doha this morning , to and from where I dont know

May the farce be with you

Daft Wader

:ok:

Snoopy747
26th Oct 2009, 11:20
Good, that we have economical experts like you hetfield :ok:

I fly for ACG and if the business (hopefully) continues as it does at the Moment, you will hear the callsign "Loadmaster" a few years more.

I wonīt post payload and other details... but let me put it this way. ACG is doing pretty well. Better than we all expected.

Snoopy747
26th Oct 2009, 16:09
I know that payloads don't mean anything. Guess what I ment by saying "other details"...

hetfield
26th Oct 2009, 16:13
@snoopy

Time will tell....

I give ACG a maximum of six more months.

Good luck anyhow

CargoMatatu
27th Oct 2009, 08:36
Bl00dy He11 ! What an incredible buch of nay-sayers and doom-mongers we seem to have here!

Glass half empty, or what? :mad:

It's at times like these that we all need to have a positive attitude and be keen on making things work - especially a new, heavy-iron operator.

GO ACG! Good luck to you guys! :ok:

Snoopy747
28th Oct 2009, 10:00
Hey Zapper.

Trip Time is four to six days with three to four days off in between. At the Moment we do around 75-85 Blockhours a month, what is pretty nice, cos overtime pay starts at 60+ hours :) But I guess this will go down to 60 hours when they reach the crewfactor they want.

Most of the pilots don't live around Hahn, some guys commute in by plane, some drive 80km, 200km, or even 400km into HHN.

I have flown already for five different companies, ACG is my sixth, and it is the first one, where I really hope it stays in business until my retirement.

@CargoMatatu

Thanks mate. We all do our best, to keep it running :ok:

MD11F
28th Oct 2009, 12:01
@snoopy747
Hi there, I must say, I am impressed! 6 Companys in letīs say 8 years, wow! Now you are 33, and you hope your 6th Company will bring you thru to your retirement! Thats another 34 years!! Good luck!:D
Cheers MD11f

Snoopy747
28th Oct 2009, 15:44
Well, the other five are still in business. I just don't liked it there. ACG is really nice to work for, and it suits my personal situation best of all. Eight years was a good guess, but its twelve years now to be exact.

Patroni
28th Oct 2009, 20:12
I know that payloads don't mean anything. Guess what I ment by saying "other details"...

So ACG shares their commercial data (yields, cost, profitability) with their pilots? Sounds quite transparent to me...

L1011-500
29th Oct 2009, 06:05
Pilots...... we should be the worst of human kind.

One minute a collegue comes as says that heīs enjoying his new company, beeing happy, etc, and on the next minute you have dozens of mad dogs barking .
And please donīt come with the " down to heart" bull###.
What you donīt reallize is that if one airline goes down, guess what? You could be the next one.
Since we have so many aviation laureates in this forum, you guys know better that anyone else thatīs the way aviation goes. A BIG DOMINO.
Even if you fly for a so called " Big company" just refresh yor minds with cases like Pan Am, SwissAir, Varig, etc, etc, etc
Anyway, wish you all safe flights back home .

Use the sun, not the shadow

EAM
29th Oct 2009, 13:44
First flight on 28. july, was it? And now after 3 month the company is doining pretty good? Oh come on, thats bull****. Maybe they are on track, maybe they are on their business plan, but they are loosing money and they do have low prices to get into the market. I did a start up with a Cargo Airline, always full, bust after 2 years. And that was in better times.
No Cargo Airline is doining good at the moment, lets hope for ACG that they have enough money to survive these difficult times and stay in business until they realy start to make some profit.

@Patroni, of course they share their datas with the pilots, like always "Dont worry we are doinig better than expected" :D

Best of luck for all the guys at ACG. :ok:

despegue
29th Oct 2009, 14:41
Cargo is picking up far quicker than expected actually and loads and more inmportant revenue are picking up day after day at most Cargo/ Night Freight Airlines. Within Europe as well as Long-Haul to Africa and Asia.

Snoopy747
29th Oct 2009, 19:26
Iīm not going to argue with you negative-thinkers. I am just going to enjoy flying here. Thatīs all from my side.

Avius
29th Oct 2009, 20:09
Well, I don't blame people, that are suspicious of a new start-up. On the other hand, ACG may be able to take advantage of the fact that Cargolux nearby in LUX are not expanding.

Luxembourg is a chapter on its own, The space for expansion at ELLX is limited, the local lobby regarding Airport Noise, etc. poweful, yet the LUX goverment does not want Cargolux expand to other bases such as HHN.

This very well might be a good opportunity for ACG. If they can eventually manage to get proper freighters (i.e. 747-400F or even 747-800F) instead of the BCFs, then they really could steal a good portion of CX and even LH cargo business. HHN Airport is very flexible and a great place to do business.

....And they have some nice Ex-Oasis guys on board....Is DM still doing the SIM or is he to be seen in the Pubs around the globe again...???

Good Luck guys !!!!:ok:

Snoopy747
30th Oct 2009, 10:12
FrontRunner:

a) Detailed Company Information doesn't belong into an open discussion forum. That is why it is "vague". We are better informed at ACG than you might think.

b) Read previous statements better, before you post. All the companies I worked for before are STILL in business. I worked for exec, low cost, legacy; in Germany and as an expat. I made my experience.

It is really impressive how all the self-announced business experts from outside know better how the standing of the company is, than the companyīs people themselves. I wonder why these people still sit in a cockpit to earn money. They should run own airlines, when they are so clever... or they just aren't ? who knows... Pro-Pretenders are everywhere.

So long...

EAM
30th Oct 2009, 10:30
Come on Robby, take it easy.
Hard times specially for freight, a startup always loses money, the question is how much. If you say ACG is doing pretty good, it might be a little optimistic.
To know exactly how pretty good the company is doing after 3 month, you have to be CFO of the company.

conch
30th Oct 2009, 19:37
Hey Snoopy747,

can you get more than 4 days off in a row and/or get them back to back (end/beginning month) and have less off days between the trips?
Are there any plans for upgrading FO's?

Thanks and I hope your company keeps on going like this :ok:

Snoopy747
31st Oct 2009, 21:03
@EAM who is 'Robby' ?

Wohoo, what new info that a starup is losing money at the beginning :ooh: Really ? I always thoght you get an airline like this running for free... you really need money for this ??? :sad:

Well, some people even call this "investment". Fact is, that the flight operation itself is profitable. ACG is not flying, just to fill the planes. We have no fixed route network that we MUST fly regardless of payload, like many others...

@conch
at the moment we have three or four days off between the trips. Schedule is total unpredictable at the moment. The experienced FOīs will be upgraded when the "old captains league" from Lufthansa & Co is too old to fly. This will happen sooner or later :E

EAM
1st Nov 2009, 10:23
@EAM who is 'Robby' ?

Why do you want to know? Did I mean you.......!? :cool:

Frosch
1st Nov 2009, 12:59
Have to agree with L1100-500. On the other hand, "All the companies I worked for before are STILL in business. I worked for exec, low cost, legacy; in Germany and as an expat. I made my experience." sounds swaggering, diction and style awake memories of a fly737ng guy from another forum. Calming down will help. A shut mouth catches no flies. :)

Small is beautiful. Hearing that an employee is happy is not bad either – compared to all the other stories we hear. Having options = companies – around never is a bad thing, especially if the labour market is as tight and regulated as the german one.

EAM
1st Nov 2009, 18:57
So isses. :ok:

Lima888
6th Nov 2009, 03:43
@snoppy747

LH747 retierement CPTs will be a never ending line....these guys know each ohter very well....

To be promoted is very important. At the moment it doesn't make any sense to speculate when will be your upgrade....:bored:

I hope ACG is doing well in future, anything else we will see in two months when the Christmas run is over and the Asian business will be slowing down again.

However ACG is still in business instead of other competitors, which are still parking airplanes in the high season:rolleyes:

EAM
6th Nov 2009, 07:42
However ACG is still in business instead of other competitors

Well, still in business.....its in business for the last 3-4 month, a startup should survive at least more than a year, so nothing special about this.
But a startup in cargo business usualy offers prices which hardly cover the costs of the flight, just to start the network. So even if you have 100t on that 744, it does not even mean that the flight is paid. Everything under 100t you are loosing money.
On US routes you dont make any profit at all.

Super Baloo
6th Nov 2009, 09:14
To get customers, you have basically three options :

- Offer a service that nobody else offers (obviously not the case here as ACG is not the only operator to offer maindeck capacity between the Far East and Europe).
- Underbid the market prices (possibly the case here but nobody knows the rates they offer).
- Have a very good salesman with some loyal customers that trust him and the service he is able to offer (also possibly the case here). So for the same rate as the legacy rate, the customer will choose you instead of KE, OZ, SQ or CV.

It is sad to say but the salesman is the most important person in the company.

To EAM, you can make profit under 100t payload (although not easily). You just have to choose carefully the routes you fly. Fly an AOG engine or some urgent drilling equipment to Luanda or Lagos and you gonna make profit with 20t payload on a 747F. Flexibility is also a key. Profit can come from how desperate the customer is to fly his freight.
You can also make profit on some US routes if you have the good customer. Fly for the US military and you'll still be able to make profit flying a crap -100F or -200F from the US across the world :-)

That said, I think it is too early to tell if they gonna go bust or not. Time will tell.

Bergkamp10
12th Jan 2010, 16:28
Hi there one and all,

I have a friend/ex. B747-200F First Officer to whom has been approached
for hire9via agency), we think for A.C.G. Currently now type rated for 400.

1. Does anybody knew how they are currently doing?
2. What salary,DIEM's etc they currently pay?
3. Understand they are mostly operating charters?

We would really appreciate any assistance by return,

747guru
12th Jan 2010, 17:48
Hi Bergkamp10

Out of interest, which agency was your friend contacted by for the possible vacancy?

Snoopy747
13th Jan 2010, 15:14
Frosh, I must dissapoint you. I have no clue who you are talking about. This is the only pilot site I am active on if that helps your prosecution of my identity.

Details on ACG: For how we are doing, kindly ask Hetfield, he is the expert on that.

Salary and Terms and Conditions won"t be posted by me - neither open, nor via PM. Thanks for understanding.

Applications: Plenty

Stream of "Legacy Retiries" has been cut. Big appreciation from all three stripers on that within the company :E

lpokijuhyt
13th Jan 2010, 15:20
There is an agent or three looking for 744 FOs and Capts, Euro based.

Do you have a contact by chance? I need to work! I am Typed in the 744 and 747 Classic.

Thx.

Sedtgerder
13th Jan 2010, 15:36
I'm interested also.

And also rated B744 and B742 :ok::ok::ok:

lpokijuhyt
13th Jan 2010, 18:49
I don't get it. So, you have to go through a recruitment agency, rather than use the employment email and application directly on the ACG website?

fueltonoiseconverter
23rd Feb 2010, 13:34
Does anybody have some information about the screening and interview of ACG?
:confused:

hailstone
10th Mar 2010, 07:26
any word on ACG's being AOG in Pudong since yesterday ?

ErwinS
10th Mar 2010, 11:26
ACG is planning to lease two BCF's from Martinair wich are now stored at Marana. Money for Martinair and two nice BCF's for ACG:-)

Da Do Ron Ron
10th Mar 2010, 14:32
Obviously working as saw a 747F in BAH today happily sitting on the ramp, F1 teams maybe ???

ErwinS
10th Mar 2010, 14:45
Martinair has no work for them so they only cost money for the storage program.
It will be a sub lease to ACG since Martinair are also leasing these 74's.

And you are right, the classics were much beter a/c:-)

76-er
11th Mar 2010, 07:34
What's the source of this BCF news?

ErwinS
12th Mar 2010, 05:43
A reliable one. And I believe you are a regular at Scramble? More info there;-)
MPQ and MPP will go to ACG after the both recieved a c-check.

fox-november
12th Mar 2010, 08:41
Which thread? I can't find it...

flugholm
31st May 2010, 09:56
A quick update: ACG received their third aircraft (D-ACGC) two weeks ago. Ex-Martinair indeed. The fourth (D-ACGD, I'd guess) is planned for August.

Seems to be going surprisingly well!

NSC
31st May 2010, 18:55
yes flugholm, and you know what, it has the latest stealth technique built in.
it has been flying for two weeks now and no one ever saw it..

( keeps the navigational charges down)

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
31st May 2010, 20:24
Planepictures.net search: Registration: D-ACGC (http://www.planepictures.net/netsearch4.cgi?srch=D-ACGC&srng=2&stype=reg)

NSC
31st May 2010, 21:45
but.. where is it?

Charlie_Fox
1st Jun 2010, 08:32
In front of the maintenance hangar at Hahn.

flugholm
1st Jun 2010, 20:48
Ah, that's what is called a "Stehzeug" in German!
;-)

NSC
3rd Jun 2010, 17:05
ok, so its in front of the hangar, why isnt it flying though. or is it for spares only? questions questions..

Diesel_10
3rd Aug 2010, 11:38
One year up last Friday - well done to all concerned;)

TckVs
5th Aug 2010, 11:28
Does anyone know if they are recruiting? I have heard that they are a good company to work for, and are expanding, again. :ok:

Could I get some details! Pm Please.

Thanks in advance.;)

j-p744
5th Aug 2010, 12:04
Hope you speak a good german

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
5th Aug 2010, 13:11
Is there any chance to get in without being type-rated? Just asking...:confused:

NSC
9th Aug 2010, 18:56
try german/dutch/french/english/spanish/russian/swedish.

LXD
26th Aug 2010, 11:32
Yes we have many expat pilots. Of course german is an advantage and there will always be the preference towards the german speaking candidate.

The flying corps consists of really nice guys (with the usual two or three :mad: you have in every comany :rolleyes:). I enjoy to work for ACG and I hope it will stay that way.

To feed some new rumors. D-ACGD will start operation in September.

Maintnance is talking about D-ACGE/F having CF6 Engines. So the management must already have some planes in their cross hairs. AFAIK these planes are the last to come. Where are all these people gone in this thread predicting we would not survive the first year ?

Nickla
27th Aug 2010, 06:05
Hello LXD,

Could you be so kind and tell a bit more about the contract? How many days off pro month? Do you need to live in the direct area? Upgrade to command possible? Salary range? etc, etc,,

I am a SFO working at SQC (B744F) and looking for a new home in Europe..

LXD
28th Aug 2010, 17:09
Hi there,

guearanteed nine month off per month, of which four can be requested. Considering the salary it is in the top 3 of german airline employers. At least the old T&Cīs were. The new contracts are around 20% paycut compared to the guys who started with ACG from the beginning. Old contracts hit overtime at 61 hours+ the new contracts at 65+

According contract you have to live within one hour of Hahn, but only a few guys do. I am commuting myself, and it worked out best so far.

Upgrades nobody knows how and when they will happen. There is a bunch of experienced FOs who were with the company from the beginning and had plenty of 747 experience before they joined. So I assume they will be first for upgrades if there will be upgrades at all. They hire direct entry captains like hell, and many FOs are just pissed of by that. So don't expect any upgrade there withing the next 5 years or so.

Things work fine of you keep low profile, if nobody knows your name, just perfect. A captain who complained a bit too much was sacked this month.

before you apply or join just think of this.

- No Seniority List
- No Pilots Union That means management can do whatever they want
- OFF days are not really OFF Days. The appear on the roster as fast as they disappear
- Not a chance to take relatives with you. This is blocked by all means by one of the mid-level managers.
- You pay for your catering. Yes no joke. They deduct 40% of your per diem on a flight day. 20% goes off again, if you have a hotel with breakfast (which are all on the network)
- Almost no augmented crew operation, only if they are forced by law. HHN-HKG with two man crew is one of the highlights. Basically you are 8 days on the road for around 25-30 hours block. As long as I work here I never had significantly more than 65 hours. So overtime pay is nice theory you never gonna see it. When you get the T&Cīs just cross out all the overtime gimmicks, and you have your real T&C`s that you can expect.

If I didn't scare you too much go ahead and apply. We all hope these things above will improve; hope always dies last :rolleyes:

Zapper30
29th Aug 2010, 07:04
Hi there!

Well, in the last few weeks I did most of my trips with heavy crew!

For the catering; well, itīs wrong if you say you pay for it - it is a tax issue, not a company issue - your per diems get reduced if you get a free meal in the plane or in the hotel.
All other points I agree mostly, nice company, but there are things to be worked on.

All in all a very nice bunch of people to work and fly with, business seems to go extremly well.

Taltop
29th Aug 2010, 07:50
Rapper 30 you are not a professional, is it nice to sit in a 744 and see it fly?:}

411A
29th Aug 2010, 08:47
...it is a tax issue, not a company issue - your per diems get reduced if you get a free meal in the plane or in the hotel.

A new low in FD crew conditions, seems to me.
Clearly, the company does not care about FD crew (FD crew, a definite asset in a cargo company, make no mistake...think delays and extended duty hours, unlike pax carriers who have plenty of extra guys)...not a good sign.
I suspect this will bite them sooner or later.
My money is on....sooner.:eek:

Taltop
29th Aug 2010, 16:30
absolutely right:=:ugh:called a friend in Germany today: if you are not a local/native and if you find Hahn, it is in the middle of nowhere, a nice Ryanair resort in summer season - hardly to find - easy to forget, but can be a real nightmare if you stuck there. If you have lots of flights it might be OK but with 60 hours/monthly and all the LH veterans flying for zero money it is a no:=no:=

Denti
29th Aug 2010, 18:46
There is absolutely no taxation issue with crewmeals on board, thats just a lame excuse, other german carriers provide those without any issues at all. There is one with free breakfast in a hotel and tax free per diems though.

NSC
29th Aug 2010, 21:48
excuse me for barging in but i have a question. what is the problem of being based in HHN? is LUX such a thrilling place to live? or what about Jeddah? you all go fly for CV or AAI if they ask you, dont you? ( i know i know 411A or is it Z in the meantime, won't) we have belgians,dutch yes even brits, flying or driving in on or before departure day, hitting the hotel around the corner, checking in and flying off to DXB,HKG,PVG etc etc to shoot their ****, chase some pooseys and do all those things that cant be done at home or for that matter in HHN, so what? I for one am not whining about my worklocation, Hell! they even opened up a Burger King in spitting distance from the terminal.
KAL I hear you say... good luck, and tell me about the working conditions please. anyways enough ranting from my part, different characters different taste I suppose. All of you happy landings.

LXD
1st Sep 2010, 13:01
Me too, I don't see the problem with Hahn. Much better than Erfurt or Zweibrücken. Next big city is Koblenz what means 80km drive, what is very reasonable when you fly long range.Ryanair flies in from dozens of destinations, so it is really no problem at all getting there. If you want to live there, as I said. Choose Koblenz. Beautiful city, not far away.

Nickla
1st Sep 2010, 19:59
Hello LXD,
Thanks for all your info, I have an interview comming up with ACG, it looks like a nice company to work for, Although I do think that TNT (out of LUIK) a better contract has to offer.. Anyway I will check it out and see from there..

lexxie747
2nd Sep 2010, 12:20
Flock me...NSC do you have new batteries installed????raving lunatic,HHN is getting to you isnt it?anyway congrats on your birthday, many happy returns, see you at daddys house the 11th, greetings from sunny jeddah

ps.411a is zipcode for jellinekkliniek

NSC
2nd Sep 2010, 17:11
Mr Raving Lunatic please, at least I have a british poltical party named after me. And no new batteries, I carry a solarpanel on my back and guess where the plug goes in?? I am now a raving lunatic solr panALIST. btw hows jeddah during ramadan?

flugholm
14th Sep 2010, 11:44
According to Luftverkehrs-Branchenportal - airliners.de (http://www.airliners.de), the fourth aircraft, D-ACGD, has now joined the fleet. This time it's a BCF, ex-Singapore Airlines, leased from Martinair.
Vierte Boeing 747 für Air Cargo Germany - Netzwerkplanung - Verkehr - airliners.de (http://www.airliners.de/verkehr/netzwerkplanung/vierte-boeing-747-fuer-air-cargo-germany/22116)
Pic here: Foto Air Cargo Germany Boeing 747-412(BCF) D-ACGD (http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=978106)

Who would have believed this a year ago?! :ok:

Flightmech
14th Sep 2010, 14:29
D-ACGC was in STN Saturday night on a two-hour ish turn. One off charter I presume?

NSC
14th Sep 2010, 17:10
yes you're right one off many.
Manston didn't want us.
since you are in LTN apparently can you ask them to answer our slotrequests please?
cheers nsc

Flightmech
15th Sep 2010, 07:50
NSC,

Whats the routing ex STN? Seemed heavy on departure? Nice looking jet:ok:

Need to Know Basis
15th Sep 2010, 12:10
Has LTN started or even finished the runway extension ? If not - then LTN can not have a MTOW B747F as runway is too short ! Also taxi way to cargo stand needs strengthening. Atlas had a nightmare getiing back out after dropping off an engine a couple of years ago !!!!

NSC......most likely the reason why no answer. They are too busy laughing !

Flightmech
15th Sep 2010, 13:17
Not sure but think NSC may have typed LTN by mistake instead of STN?

NSC
15th Sep 2010, 14:19
silly me, STN offcourse. Damn!

Charlie_Fox
16th Sep 2010, 06:15
Stansted - Kabul

NSC
16th Sep 2010, 15:16
just wondering what the headwindcomponent should be for a full loaded take off to KBL from LTN.....

LXD
18th Sep 2010, 12:52
Happyness is V1 in KBL :E

NSC
18th Sep 2010, 14:04
or a V2 on KBL

lexxie747
18th Sep 2010, 14:41
or a v8 on the A27

NSC
18th Sep 2010, 16:05
a VD for 411A?

fmotels
21st Sep 2010, 20:33
Looks like they will be short of an airframe for a while, ACGD left wing gear failed on line up for take off out of VHHH, new gear and maybe trunion damage. Looks expensive.

hetfield
22nd Sep 2010, 09:04
How come a main gear fails during taxi?

ChiefT
22nd Sep 2010, 10:13
The aircraft came just 2 weeks ago from maintenance at KLM.
There it got a spare landing gear, the original one is on overhaul with a french company.

Noddys car
22nd Sep 2010, 10:46
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5227/dacgdgear.jpg

D-ACGD Gear.. no trunion failure. seems to be a split in oleo

f777k
22nd Sep 2010, 15:00
An Air Cargo Germany Boeing 747-400, registration D-ACGD performing flight 6U-8732 from Hong Kong (China) to Karaganda (Kazakhstan), was turning onto Hong Kong's southern runway 25L for departure when the left hand main gear collapsed. No injuries occurred, the airplane received substantial damage.

Following the mishap at just before 18:00L (08:00Z) the runway was closed for approximately 10 hours causing delays of up to 70 minutes to 195 flights, the airport authority said on Tuesday (Sep 22nd).

ACG said, that the left main gear buckled causing the left hand wing and left hand engines to hang down however without contacting ground. The airplane needed to be unloaded and fuel removed from the aircraft before the airplane could be towed to a maintenance hangar. The landing gear needs to be replaced on the aircraft, that had been acquired from Martin Air only 14 days ago. The airplane had been fitted with a new landing gear six weeks ago.

Source: AVHerald

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/acxgearwqxd71ns.jpg

JW411
22nd Sep 2010, 15:22
The story is already running on the ACG Cargo thread in Freight Dogs.

Semu
22nd Sep 2010, 18:30
um, This is a new one for me. Do 747s often have landing gear fall off? I've heard about a few engines, the odd gear door and a cargo door or two...

gas path
22nd Sep 2010, 18:57
Seen one of those before! A QF classic -300 in FCO. IIRC it was an early -100 leg that had been installed. In that case though the no3 pod contacted the ground and completely b0lloxed the pylon.:suspect::eek:

repulo
29th Sep 2010, 07:15
Anybody around who has some info about the repair progress? Would like to know how long the repair will take. Who is doing the fix? CX?
Thanks

repulo

Flightmech
29th Sep 2010, 09:23
Just a wild guess but sure it would be HAECO, with maybe an interest from a KLM rep if the leg was fitted only two weeks prior as someone has stated. Sure there's a warranty claim in there somewhere!

repulo
29th Sep 2010, 12:54
Thanks Flightmech for your answer. I heared that the original gear is being overhauled presently, so KLM, who is most probably responible for the present gear is more then interested in the cause for the fracture. Could you estimate how long it takes to change the wing gear on a 747, assuming availability?
Regards
repulo

Charlie_Fox
30th Sep 2010, 13:01
About a day and a half to change a wing gear if everything is available.

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
27th Apr 2011, 20:34
Does anyone know what the gross salary of an ACG captain is? I was wondering as very little is know about ACG, and some people say the package is magnificent, other say itīs ****e.

Zapper30
17th May 2011, 11:34
Hello Cpt. Schmerzfrei,

well the initial Salary was pretty good, of course now the conditions went down. Anyhow they donīt hire direct entry Cptīs anymore. The first upgrades have been announced and the 5th airplane also is delayed.

Regards

TckVs
17th May 2011, 15:15
Was It FOD?
There seems to be a head stuck in the Gear.......

I might be wrong :}:}

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
17th May 2011, 20:06
Hi Zapper,

thanks a lot, internal upgrades are certainly good news. :ok: I understand that they are still finding sufficient numbers of type-rated FOs?

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
14th May 2012, 19:08
Hi Val,

all I know is second-hand knowledge, so take it for what it's worth:

- The job advertisement says that you absolutely need to live no more than 80 km away from EDFH, and from what I've heard the roster changes often, making commuting difficult.

- I have about 6000 hrs, the overwhelming majority above >40ts, but didn't get a reply to my applications. Note that their job advertisement says "minimum 500 hours on type or on similar type", whatever that means exactly.

Best of luck.

Blohm
21st Feb 2013, 03:42
Hello everybody, saw the salary numbers on ppjn, can anyone tell me whether those are gross or net?

safelife
21st Feb 2013, 06:39
Gross. As usual in Germany.