PDA

View Full Version : Biz Jet Flying

koutetsu
16th Sep 2008, 17:44
Hello,

I am currently flying a lear jet in the U.S.
I was wondering if there is any Biz Jet Flying opportunity in
Japan. Are there many Biz Jet operators over there?
(Yes, I did use the search function...)
Any info would be great!

Thanks!

K

Cubs2jets
16th Sep 2008, 18:59
Japan is very sparse when it comes to private jets (or privat aviation of ANY form).

Throughout Asia, the Learjet is not very well represented mainly due to its cabin size and range - neither of which are suited to the distances between A and B.

There are less than a handful in Singapore (not Singapore Airlines which are in Australia anyway), a couple in the Philippines, a few (LR-60's) in Malaysia, one or two LR-31's in Indonesia.

C2j

koutetsu
17th Sep 2008, 06:32
Cubs2jets,

Thanks for the info!

Now, do you happen to know what the Biz Jet flyings are like in
Asian countries? Yes, I know there is Bizjets, Jet Aviation, and
Tag Asia..etc...etc... But are they somewhat similar to the US operators?

K

Cubs2jets
17th Sep 2008, 18:44
Based on flying private jets in Asia 5 out of the last 9 years, I can tell you that it is very different from flying in the U.S. There is very little infrastructure in place, currently, for anything other than the airlines and the military. Yes, it's coming, but slowly.

The distances involved and the national borders crossed make flight planning much more difficult than flying coast to coast in the U.S. Paperwork is a big part of every flight. You really need to hire a company like Universal or Base Ops to do all your clearences and planning because YOU as an individual don't have enough hours in your day to do it.

The working conditions vary greatly depending on who or what company you are working for. Lots of the "bosses" don't know anything about airplanes, the permits required to land in or overfly countries or personal issues like crew rest as they have been traveling on airlines. It can be a stressful job when you have a "newly rich" boss who won't listen to your professional input. On the other hand if you work for a big outfit like Jet Aviation, they are a buffer (usually) between you and the boss' requests and they take on the burden of all the planning and working conditions can be more enjoyable - but you may still be "strapping in" for 6+ hour flights.

Asia is very different from flying in Europe or the U.S. It's not as "up to date", but that doesn't mean that any adventurer can just walk in and land a job. Your FAA license may or may not be suitable for a position that is open and no, they don't just hand you a local license just because you have an FAA one. They tend to protect their own.

C2j

koutetsu
18th Sep 2008, 04:56
Once again, thanks so much for the info!
It's very interesting that things are much different over there...

Now, I see you are only a few states away from me.
If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to come back to the
U.S? In other words, was there something that you couldn't stand living in
Asian countries? Are you currently with airlines or corporate?

Right now, my employer is forcing me to be in a situation where I really would
like to stay away from... So I am very desparate to get a job in asian countries,
and I am debating over... Tag Asia or Tiger Airways Singpore... Any input on that?
I found some good info on Tag Europe, but alsolutly nothing on Tag Asia...
For Tiger, I submitted my ppwk, but I hear absolutly nothing...

Once again, I'd really appreciate for your help.

K

Left Wing
18th Sep 2008, 10:36
Business Jets India Pvt Ltd.

168/1, Road No. 13 A
Jubilee Hills
Hyderabad 500 033
India

Phone: +91 40 2360 4000
Mobile: +91 97 0153 4032
Fax: +91 40 2360 4004

BJETS (http://www.bjets.com)

oicur12
19th Sep 2008, 11:41
Bjets

I have tried emailing bejets but no response.

do they have singapore base.

what sort of income for captains.

are they employing.

anything?

koutetsu
20th Sep 2008, 05:06
Oicur12,

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/307599-bjets.html

There are very very worried people in this forum, just like us....:hmm:

K