PDA

View Full Version : Perth Emergency?

mootyman
16th Sep 2008, 11:25
Anyone know what is going on at perth, could not get out of the airport for sirens?

Skystar320
16th Sep 2008, 11:32
quiet interesting these are the units that have responded.

Perth 2
Kensington
Bassendean
Welshpool 1st and 2nd
Belmont
ICV
Perth CLP
Osborne Park SET
DM Metro
DM Central
DM Beeliar

1923: Aircraft landed safely, no other appliances required.

Skystar320
16th Sep 2008, 12:12
A QF domestic flight declared an emergency and had priority to land on rwy24. Was met by all 3 airport fire units at approx 1918. Taxied to terminal unassisted. 3 fire units stood by with the last one just leaving now.

SOPS
16th Sep 2008, 12:45
more for the media to feed on:bored:

pacificgypsy
16th Sep 2008, 12:56
not knowing what the wind was...can't comment whether the longest runway... 21 was best choice or not! My preference, limitations aside...is land on the longest runway if there is a performance problem.

ozbiggles
16th Sep 2008, 13:10
If the media is right fumes in the cockpit, so nearest runway will do!

turbantime
16th Sep 2008, 13:11
Ch 10 news reporting "electrical fumes in the cockpit"....not that I'd believe the media let alone Ch 10.....but in that sort of scenario it'd be the case of taking the shortest route onto the deck safely and within SOP's of course which could explain using Rwy 24 and not 21. News also reported it was a Bne bound flight on Qantas but nothing about what type was involved.

More ammo for the media monkeys out there.

stiffwing
16th Sep 2008, 13:24
Qf 594, B767-300

Capt Wally
16th Sep 2008, 22:33
Apparently the Capt had curry prior to T/off!:}
Seems as though QF now are becoming the greatest supplier of work to a certain section of our seedy community, the Media!:bored:
Am sure the QF crew behaved professionally, that's all that matters with those of us in the know.

CW

wirgin blew
17th Sep 2008, 00:10
A STRANGE odour which forced a Qantas jet carrying 133 passengers to make an emergency landing in Perth has been traced to a food oven.
A Qantas spokeswoman said the oven was in the rear galley of the Boeing 767, which was 30 minutes into a flight from Perth to Brisbane when the odour was detected.

There was no smoke visible, but the crew followed safety procedures and turned flight QF594 back towards Perth, where it landed safely about 7.30pm (WST).

All passengers were accommodated at hotels while the problem was investigated, Qantas said.

They were then put on two other flights, QF648 which left at midnight (WST) and QF 652 which left at 1.30am (WST).

Both flights were on schedule to arrive in Brisbane this morning, the spokeswoman said.

It was the latest in a string of problems for the airline since an explosion tore through the fuselage of a Boeing 747-400, causing the cabin to depressurise en route from London to Melbourne on July 25.

Perhaps they burnt the curry CW?

Barkly1992
17th Sep 2008, 00:56
It won't be long now that they will decalre and emergency when someone farts.

Jabawocky
17th Sep 2008, 01:24
Is a little subtle humour only allowed here by some folk? Last night I cheekily posted that the emergency vehicles were "normal for a 743 arrival":E.......Taildragger thought it was funny and this morning both our posts are gone.

Now fair enough if my comments were really bad form delete the post and I'll cop it sweet, but now we have all the usual jokes about farts and curries and so on...................

So a bit of cheeky intellectual (low content) humour is not OK but toilet humour is? Or was it just a bit too close to the truth with our beloved 743's reliability of late. Some consistency would be nice.

J:ok:

Snail Dave
17th Sep 2008, 01:28
So what the hell is an 'electrical fume' anyway? Is that like the 'brown smell' coming from the flightdeck that a pilot reported to us once on the C130?

TWT
17th Sep 2008, 01:47
Perhaps they burnt the curry CW?

Nicely put.A good way to report a non eventful turnback with some humour.

Led Zep
17th Sep 2008, 13:01
I thought it was a funny comment, Jaba. :}

Little_Red_Hat
17th Sep 2008, 15:48
Jabawocky, I snorted my coffee all over y desk when I read that 743 comment yesterday... nicely done!!! Pity it's not still here for others to have a chuckle over.... what's the saying.... in truth there's humour??? :P

Glad to hear all ok. Having smelt what comes out of those ovens, I'm not surprised the crew wanted out ASAP!!!!! :E