PDA

View Full Version : Getting a US VISA. Two Times.

eikido
16th Sep 2008, 11:24
Is it possible to get a US VISA two times?
Me and my buddy are considering a new plan because of the dark near future.

I was thinking of going to the US, get a PPL, come back to europe, join a flying club, build time, and when it gets better, go back to the US and do the rest.

Eikido

AdamLT
16th Sep 2008, 13:36
ekido...

wouldn't it be cheaper to do your hour building in the states?
i am finishing my PPL off here in the uk, then next summer, head of to the states to sit my ATPL exams and CPL. i will then see what the industry is doing then before i commit to doing the IR. if it's still pretty bad like now, i may even consider doing a FI course at my local school.

all the best with whatever you chose

ad

eikido
16th Sep 2008, 14:04
Thanks mate! All the best to you too!

However, when i mean build time, i actually mean maintain the license by flying atleast 12h (?) a year. I'm not sure how many you must do to keep it :).

While doing so and working, i'll be doing ATPL DL theory in Sweden (or maybe bristol).

Regards
Eikido

nh2301
16th Sep 2008, 18:00
Two visas are easy. In fact, the first one makes the second easier to get, as you've proven yourself to be trustworthy.

redsnail
16th Sep 2008, 18:14
In all honesty, you are better off contacting the US embassy in your country as they will be able to give you a more accurate answer as the US has different requirements for different countries.

Shunter
16th Sep 2008, 20:27
I don't mean to be rude, but I've noticed you've started a lot of threads lately. Have you ever flown an aircraft? Getting your PPL is a small part of the cost in terms of getting your CPL. If you're unsure about the future, want to hedge your bets and just do a PPL, chances are you're unlikely to save much money by going to the states. Why don't you just get going and acquire a PPL in Norway? Once you've done that and got an idea of what flying is all about, you'll be a few months, or a year down the line and have a better idea what the market is doing.

eikido
16th Sep 2008, 20:58
Thanks mate.
I didn't find your post to be rude:ok:. However, i want to be sure about everything before i start my education.
Plans changes, as it seems for me at the moment because of the near future.

The reason why i want to get the PPL in the states is because i see it also as a vacation AFTER i get the PPL. So even if it costs a bit more, i want the time off afterwards. We are atleast two going possibly three.

Also, i get the PPL a bit faster than in Sweden (6-9 months) so i can start reading the ATPL theory afterwards.

PPL+ATPL theory is not so expensive (compared to CPL ME/IR) so if it all goes to hell, i get a nice PPL license (and some unncessary atpl theory) :}

Regards
Eikido