PDA

View Full Version : Watching ITV Progs on Computer

4PON4PIN
16th Sep 2008, 08:28
I have succesfully downloaded TV progs from BBC1 and watched them at leisure. I have also watched progs on-line.
However, when I go to the ITV.com site it appears you cannot download a prog for storage but you can watch a "streamed" (is that correct term?) version.
Having selected what I want to watch I get sound but no picture. I get picture for the adverts preceding the prog but then it all goes blank and sound continues.
Anybody able to tell me what is amiss?
p.s. I am trying to watch the 3 parter "The Children" which has had fabulous reviews.

Loose rivets
18th Sep 2008, 04:44
Sorry not much help. Well, not any really. But, do you know what resolution the final product should be when it does work?

As an aside, I went with my son to a well known outlet yesterday.

He came back with a 'shop soiled' machine of very hi spec and it included a HD T/V outlet. I would be very interested to know if I could download pics of this kind of quality, but if they couldn't be buffered and played in a contiguous stream, they would be worthless, cos the amount of data for HD is going to be vastly more than ordinary quality is would guess.

BTW, this top-end AMD with 4 gig and two 360 gig drives and a 64 bit Vista was a tad over 200 quid. Graphics had some dedicated memory and would do 'Video editing, but not Gaming.' According to the stickers on the case.

taxydual
18th Sep 2008, 07:16
You could try downloading the programme via a third party.

UKNOVA (Home - UKNova (http://www.uknova.com)) does have The Children available for download.

The site is a bit hit and miss, it depends on people uploading the TV programme to make it available for download.

It's free to join, but requires a Torrent program to act as interface. uTorrent (Torrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client (http://www.utorrent.com/)) is one of the better ones.

4PON4PIN
19th Sep 2008, 14:38
Thanks Taxydual. Will give it a whizz over the weekend.
Also been told by ITV they have a broadbandhelp desk so am gonna e-mail them first.