PDA

View Full Version : "Involving the people"...Pt 2...or... sod you lot

Krystal n chips
16th Sep 2008, 03:52
Well yes, I know we need security and that we don't exactly live in a genteel world...but this little excercise in insularity neatly summates the policy Nu Labour have towards the electorate.....of course "we need to comunicate with the people"..etc, etc, .it's just that we don't actually want to meet them or hear their views...this way, we can all carry on in the incestuous little world we live in.....and have a nice little junket to boot.

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Massive security for Labour visit (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7616784.stm)

And I like the bit about "being warned to expect some disruption"....erm, the understatement of the year given the location of G-Mex...:mad:

VinRouge
16th Sep 2008, 05:58
There is a NOTAM over manchester for the labour conference. Why anyone would bother is beyond me. Labour are doomed as it is, having presided over the biggest debt boom in UK history.

merlinxx
16th Sep 2008, 07:05
Any chance you keep those 'feckwits' up there? Don't let south of Brum please.

Der absolute Hammer
16th Sep 2008, 07:11
Read like Mugabe's recent birthday party!
Still, Labor party just as fun for England as ZANU-PF is for Zimbo.

Tone
16th Sep 2008, 07:14
'As part of the security operation police have arrested five suspected illegal immigrants in the last few weeks'

Five??? Can't be looking very hard then, maybe they need some help.

VinRouge
16th Sep 2008, 08:26
And they were the Gurkhas!

TimmoWhakatane
6th Oct 2008, 01:04
Why must these types of meetings/conferences etc insist on holding them in the middle of busy cities?

Instead of fencing off large portions of a city, setting up road blocks, causing inconvenience for thousands of people, loosing hair about the thousands of places a bomb could be stored or a sniper could be hiding, having to search all the cars and people that still need to be in that area.... just hold it in the country somewhere?:ugh:Heck, even put them up in a castle then half your security concerns are taken care of!

what was that saying about Mohummed and a mountain?