PDA

View Full Version : adobe photoshop

nitro rig driver
15th Sep 2008, 20:04
am unable to access all my pics as i get "OperaMgr.dll" is not found..

If i reload photoshop will i lose all my pics or the files they are in..
Have tried googling but a bit unsure which route to go before i screw all my pics up and lose them

Thanks in advance

Jhieminga
16th Sep 2008, 08:48
Photoshop is just a program to fiddle with your photos, it doesn't store them. Open up Explorer and have a look at your harddrive to find out where your photos are, I'm guessing they will be in a folder somewhere under 'My Documents'. If so, then you can easily reinstall Photoshop, it will not affect your photos. If you want you can make a copy of the photo folder before reinstalling.

Saab Dastard
16th Sep 2008, 10:18
a bit unsure which route to go before i screw all my pics up and lose them

It seems from the above that you DO want to screw them up and lose them!!

If so, format the entire disk! :E

Seriously, while Jhieminga is quite right, you should ALWAYS backup important data on a regular basis, and particularly before any system changes.

Also, looking at some reports about that file, it seems that it might be indicative of some malware infection.

SD

obgraham
16th Sep 2008, 17:28
Nitro: It's springtime and you're standing on the ice in the middle of the lake.

Make a backup cd of your photos. Make it now.

nitro rig driver
18th Sep 2008, 09:52
Thanks for the advice-proud owner of a WD 160gb portable hardrive-will backup over the w/e around the footy

green granite
18th Sep 2008, 10:29
nitro rig driver If you google "OperaMgr.dll" you will find lots of advice about it and also lots of places you can download it from, and replace it in your system.

mixture
21st Sep 2008, 16:46
If your copy of Photoshop is genuine and you've got the CD, why not just do a repair ?