PDA

View Full Version : Top trumps on TV...

Mungo Man
15th Sep 2008, 19:59
Anyone see Channel 5 just now? Top Trumps featuring the Citation X? They said it does 703 mph but I suspect they took the official cruise of .92M and used sea level speed of sound of 761 mph to arrive at a speed of 703 whereas we all know it can't do.92M at sea level and at higher levels the speed of sound is considerably reduced.
Not terribly well researched but fairly entertaining all the same...
Oh and its got 'carbon-ceramic' brakes apparently.

Richard Taylor
15th Sep 2008, 20:02
But is it heavier than the HS125-800 that I have in my hand of cards?;)

G-CPTN
15th Sep 2008, 20:14
From Wiki:- Cessna Citation X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_Citation_X#Speed)
Maximum speed: Mach 0.92 (1002.8 km/h) = 623.11 mph

redsnail
15th Sep 2008, 20:19
Watched it. I was backing the pacey jet (even though it is a cessna) and The Big Fella was backing the aeroplane that can't do straight and level very well. :E

VnV2178B
16th Sep 2008, 07:40
I watched it too; but at the end did wonder what the point was...

When I were a lad (pace Mr. D) this kind of programme would have been scheduled just after Newsround to get the kids interested in the world about them (after all, it is based on a CHILDREN'S GAME). All the 'oohs' and 'aaahs' and 'isn't this cool' make is sound like a Ragdoll production rather than anything serious.

I must take my anti-Meldrew pills and lie down.

VnV

LordGrumpy
16th Sep 2008, 09:06
I forgot to watch this and Harry Enfield with Paul Whitehouse. One wonders if a weeks Loadsamoney earnings could afford a little jets charter.
Ho hum wait for the repeats.

Parapunter
16th Sep 2008, 09:27
As if it was required watching for pro pilots...:rolleyes:

What was interesting was wide eyed Ashley Hames proclaiming what a BRILLIANT time he was having, when his face betrayed the truth anytime he stepped outside of 1g.