PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Power

greenergrassairlines
15th Sep 2008, 11:48
:=To think Paddy Power Jnr would lower a well respected book makers to the level of taking bets on people's livelihood's. Maybe paddy see's himself as the M O Leary of the book. Anyway all he is doing is trying to make a profit out of honest people's misfourtune while having a laugh at us all. :yuk:

Richard Taylor
15th Sep 2008, 12:04
What odds can you get on Paddypower going under? :E

G-CPTN
15th Sep 2008, 12:30
Paddy Power History (http://www.paddypowerplc.com/cms/history_20th_century)

NIGELINOZ
15th Sep 2008, 12:33
They wouldn't be running a book on it if people didn't want to bet on it,not nice,I agree,but if nobody placed wagers they would soon stop taking them.

SpringHeeledJack
15th Sep 2008, 13:14
Anyway all he is doing is trying to make a profit out of honest people's misfourtune while having a laugh at us all.

Although distasteful to some, what is the difference of these bets and the widespread practice of 'shorting' stocks and currencies, often amounts in the bazillions. Now that really can cause a commodity to tank. It wouldn't suprise me if some of the red-ink at the moment is caused by such shorting or betting.

I suppose it's human nature to do things like this as a coping mechanism for fear and let's be frank (or bob or malcolm) here, if things do keep going bad there will be few of us that are not touched financially through changes.

Power to the Paddy :}

Regards

SHJ