View Full Version : FLYBE interview (DE Capt).

SB7L
15th Sep 2008, 09:19
Would like to contact a current flybe Dash Captain based in Exeter to chat about ops, sop's, company policy etc.
I have an interview coming up soon.

thx

custard guts
15th Sep 2008, 20:44
On a similar note, what is the bond for the E190.

Iver
16th Sep 2008, 12:43
Custard Guts,

Have they started hiring into the E195 (FO slots)?

5 RINGS
16th Sep 2008, 12:51
E195 is available through internal promotion normally.

New intakes start on the Dash and a few contract guys on E145 to help closing down this fleet.

SB7L
16th Sep 2008, 16:38
OK thanx for that.......can I hear from anyone on the Dash with flybe at the moment for a chat!!

Pies
16th Sep 2008, 16:42
Currently on the dhc8. Pm me with questions and i'll try and help.
Chars
Pies

SB7L
25th Sep 2008, 18:28
Anyone had an interview lately, would like to hear what they asked on the tech side of things?

Buttie Box
25th Sep 2008, 21:27
Looking for the same information. One chap I spoke with was asked a lot about turboprops inc prop theory, why TO and land with MAX on the condition lever, that sort of thing.

All the best

BB

SB7L
17th Oct 2008, 15:09
Just want to keep my thread alive.........has anyone been interveiwed recently?

Also would like to know what they do in the sim assessment?

BAe146-200 flybe
28th Nov 2008, 13:37
Hi, we had flybe come in the other day and said there were 18 questions, and people will know these?

Iver
29th Nov 2008, 14:57
What's the latest with hiring at Flybe in this tough economy? Are specific bases adding pilots more than others? What's the likelihood of getting a Southampton basing? I have heard of direct entry Captains getting Jersey and Belfast basings off the bat - not sure if that is current information.

Lastly (and a little off topic), for those people who have transitioned to the E195, what are your impressions of the aircraft (pros/cons)?

IrishJetdriver
29th Nov 2008, 15:45
If Belfast is an option then get in there and fill your boots. you'll love it.

Knee Trembler
30th Nov 2008, 18:12
Recruitment, if any, is to the hold pool.

I've been there for just over a month now and the latest info is to expect nothing before March / April next year.

Also, note that Flybe have introduced new currency requirements (essentially 10 hours in the three months prior to being taken on). This could be expensive if, like me, you are sitting on the 'rock and roll'.

Communication from Flybe has been very good and, thus far, I have been very impressed by the experience, certainly a lot better than BA in a lot of respects.

Hopefully, Flybe's plans will continue as anticiptated, in which case I look forward to joining them in the spring.

KT

Otto Throttle
1st Dec 2008, 09:47
Belfast currently fully crewed for both fleets at the moment. Once the wet lease ends, there may be a couple of Dash command vacancies, but Dash is actually overcrewed there at present.