PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 type rating conversion ?

reciprocal
14th Sep 2008, 17:32
hello, just wondering if anyone could give me some information on putting my Canadian Dash 8 type rating onto my JAA license, not sure if this is possible but if anyone has any info or could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Finals19
14th Sep 2008, 21:35
Only way as I understand it is to do a Type rating check ride with a JAA TRE. If you are in Canada, that is going to mean paying for a JAA TRE to come out there to check you out, or if you are in Europe, you are going to have to organise a sim session and all associated costs. I don't think you can just transfer it unfortunately.

- To add to this, you might want to have a chat with Flight Safety in YYZ as I believe they can organise this.

AlternativeProcedure
15th Sep 2008, 14:35
reciprocal,

I transfered my ICAO DHC-8 type rating recently. Basically you need to have at least 500 hours on type and get a JAA dash-8 TRE to do a licence skills test. PM me if you need further info.

AP

redbull21
19th Sep 2008, 09:28
Reciprocal

Flight Safetly will have JAA TRE's on their staff or who come in and do checks anyway so I don't think you will need to get one specially flown out for your needs.

Good luck.