PDA

View Full Version : Which online training provider?

The Original Jetpipe
14th Sep 2008, 10:04
Hi all,

Just after some advice as to which online training provider to use for "sample questions" The two are club66pro.co.uk and part66study.com

I will be taking the exams though a 147 training company BUT think I will need some extra help!

Thanks in advice

TOJP.

belfastvern
14th Sep 2008, 11:28
Personally I have used club 66 and found it useful but have not not used the second. A lot of mechanics in work use club 66 and swear by it as a useful tool not the be all and end all but a very useful tool. I have also used barry college and found their site to be very useful. :O:E

HeliEng44
14th Sep 2008, 13:21
I used LBP notes as a base and read what ever books I could find, found the Jeppesen books are very good and Pallett for electrics and instruments . Club 66 for the question bank with out which would have made passing a lot harder an excellent revision tool. Also the club 66 essay course highly recommened.

registorme
2nd Nov 2008, 13:02
Hi,
I have both B1 and B2 Licenses. I used Oxford notes and EASA PART 66 ( JAR 66 ) Licence Guide - PART-66 Home (http://www.part66study.com) and complete them in 3 years.
I have used both Club66 and EASA PART 66 ( JAR 66 ) Licence Guide - PART-66 Home (http://www.part66study.com). I feel that I wasted my money on club66 website. I have to be online to study. Validity is only 30 days. Some modules I bought many times especially Module-10. Club66 don't allow you to print or copy Questions. So I was not able to read Modules on duty or during travelling.

Then I bought Practice Q&A Database from EASA PART 66 ( JAR 66 ) Licence Guide - PART-66 Home (http://www.part66study.com). Best thing with them was that they allow you to copy and print modules in book form. After buying modules downloading was instant. I was able to print and read complete Modules within 30minutes.
I copied Practice Modules on my Pocket Pc/Mobile and I was able to studying modules during Work and Travelling.
I heard that they are now providing online Essay Guide Tuition like club66. For that you don't have to travel uk.
Holder of B1 & B2 licenses have put me in very favourable position in Aviation Maintenance Market.

doppleganger
4th Nov 2008, 18:48
Mmmm... sounds like someone plugging their own site there...

The problem with the stuff from that site, is it is old stuff ripped from the club66 site anyway, and a tad out of date. A bit overpriced too at £29.95 per module when exactly the same stuff is available on ebay for £4.95 for ALL modules 1-17.

boeing_eng
4th Nov 2008, 21:02
Club 66 is useful but don't forget the questions are generally only based on what people can remember from exams. In addition, some of the quoted answers are dubvious.

Use it as a revision tool but don't fall into the trap of trying to learn questions parrot fashion (you need to know your subjects to pass!):8

LaceySimon
16th Jan 2010, 13:28
I used Oxford notes and Part66study.com to pass my exams. Only 2 more left. I used reverse approach. First I read Question, then topic about that question. Incase if CAA turn question a bit, I be able to answer it. This way I did selective study and pass.