PDA

View Full Version : K and S Holidays gone bust

daz211
14th Sep 2008, 09:39
Just announced on SKY news (BREAKING NEWS).

DC10RealMan
14th Sep 2008, 09:41
Whos K and S ?

hollywood285
14th Sep 2008, 09:43
2 in a week, were is it going to end!!

Viking101
14th Sep 2008, 09:49
What is K and S Holidays??

:confused:

daz211
14th Sep 2008, 09:50
CAA confirms British tour operator k&s holidays has gone bust.

Mercenary Pilot
14th Sep 2008, 09:52
Do they own an airline????

:confused:

daz211
14th Sep 2008, 09:57
They are a UK tour operator who offer holidays to Turkey
If I remember right I think they use Thomas cook flights.

daz211
14th Sep 2008, 10:25
Sky news now reporting 150 passengers stranded in bodrum due to this latest tour operator going bust.

GoodViz
14th Sep 2008, 10:26
According to the BBC they use Onur Air

kevincoy
14th Sep 2008, 10:28
To be honest, the failure of K+S Holidays has been expected, however the news media were slow to get onto it.

I reckon it is only because of XL failing that the K+S failure is even making the news.

isi3000
14th Sep 2008, 10:33
Oh God, not another one... :uhoh:

BladePilot
14th Sep 2008, 10:36
:bored:boring... when are the media going to highlight the lost jobs and ruined futures of the thousands of aviation industry staff and give us a break from the so very boring stories of stranded passengers we've had those for days now. They'll get home their homes (and possibly jobs) will still be there, they'll get over it but the suffering for the staff who are losing their livelihoods won't let up overnight.

ChrisLKKB
14th Sep 2008, 10:36
Even their web host has pulled the plug :rolleyes:

daz211
14th Sep 2008, 10:39
I guess you rights on the media front, this can only be making holiday makers more jittery about booking holidays in advance.

I like many others on here who work in the airline industry know who to avoid when booking flights and holidays, this makes me think with passengers getting to know more and more through the media of who is in trouble soon there will be only BA, VS, FR and EZY to pick from

I will not mention the UK airlines i would not book with incase the media pick up on it but we all have a few in mind.

kevincoy
14th Sep 2008, 10:44
I do fear that its a two-way street of effects with tour operators and airlines per se. For example, if a tour operator fails, then a particular airline will lose a chunk of revenue, thus straining their bottom line.

I personally wish the media would report these stories in detail and explain the in's and out's more clearly so that the public don't become so jittery about tour operators and airlines.

There's far more to the economics of the travel and leisure industry than many think.

UPDATE: The failure of K and S Holidays has stranded 150 people in Bodrum according to Sky News reports.

MANAGP
14th Sep 2008, 10:44
daz211

Strange you've not included Monarch, 40 years old and still going strong!

BongleBear
14th Sep 2008, 10:51
In a few years there'll only be ba, air france, ryanair & lufthansa

daz211
14th Sep 2008, 10:53
Calm down! calm down!

It was only an example :ok:.

BongleBear
15th Sep 2008, 14:06
sorry i meant european. i'm sure there'll be a few survivors in the states and in uae emirates will be fine (as will flydubai as i believe this is a low cost arm of emirates)

PAXboy
15th Sep 2008, 18:23
when are the media going to highlight the lost jobs and ruined futures of the thousands of aviation industry staff and give us a break from the so very boring stories of stranded passengersThe answer to that is so staggeringly obvious - it does not have to be stated.

During the last recessions (early 80s and early 90s) the TV did keep a running total of jobs lost. ITN in particular devoted much time to it. BUT now we have a dumbed down nation, who do not want to look at the wider intellectual picture. Take this simple vox pop that I heard on Radio 4 (BBC National radio) last Friday from a stranded pax: "I think it's disgusting that no one is here to sort this out." The bloke imagined that someone was going to help him. I was brought up on caveat emptor and informed that I was not going to be bailed out.

Yet again, people want cheap travel and then bleat when the risk they took is called. Across the world, too many people (bankers in particular) thought that the gravy train would continue. It was never going to do that.