PDA

View Full Version : Rental, timebuilding!

kirkegaard
14th Sep 2008, 00:24
I looking into renting a plane to timebuild a bunch of hrs - 250 to 450 hrs.

Was thinking about buying a plane but don't know if thats to risky!

just need to rent the cheapest flyable plane, would like it to be IFR certified though - if possible.

how low can the price get wet/dry? I've seen an add where it was 65 USD per hour/including fuel..... cheap, but I heard the price could actually be much lower.....

Another pilot told me that it might be a good idea contacting people who's selling their plane and ask if it was possible to rent the plane for an as low price as 18 USD per hour/dry...... but I don't know if that would be too risky.

Any suggestions or info?

TonyWilliams
14th Sep 2008, 04:31
Why would anybody want to rent a plane they are selling?

If the plane is currently not offer for rent, then it is likely that the owner does not have commercial insurance. Therefore, to rent it, they'd have to make a very significant investment in insurance so that you could fly it.

If the plane is currently on a rental scheme, it won't be cheap, but the going rate.

Good luck.

FlyingWrench
14th Sep 2008, 22:14
Best bet is to find a place that offers block rates. Check out myairflightschool.com they offer block rates on their 172's and PA28R-200.
Good luck.

bob.sakamano
14th Sep 2008, 22:46
Arizona Aviation at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ rents 152 at low block rates. Don't forget to bring lipstick for the pig.

ARIZONA AVIATION
4855 E. Falcon Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85215
(480) 396-4404