PDA

View Full Version : Paphian

Paphian
13th Sep 2008, 20:21
My first post so hope i am OK.
Travelled in July by British Airways Paphos to Gatwick and Back in August.
Loading at Paphos a shambles, loaded by Service air, front and back steps but no indication which seat rows should be from which enterence, result passengers trying to pass in the aisle with hand baggage.
When airbourne, steward announced no food would be served, as the safety indicator had changed colour, and it was unfit for consumption. When I spoke to him about it, I was told it had been a hot day, my reply was do BA not fly to hot countries, also the flight out and back was at night.
I commented that I was glad I had booked my next flight with another airline, his comment was that was my choice people were queuing for BA flights. By the look of the empty seats both ways I do not think it was a long queue.
We did get a five pound meal voucher for use at Gatwick.
The Aircraft was a 737-400 wqhich I think was ready for the scrap heap. Ceiling panels had a clamp appearing to be holding them together, the seats were different each side of the Isle, and had seen better days. On leaving the aircraft we heard the steward talking to ground crew and saying the equipment had been turned off, on turn round.
Why can't the crew tell the truth. it is more acceptable than lies. On the return journey a much better crew, but the aircraft cabin was tired. Perhaps Willie Walsh should concentrate on improving the staff of BA before buying debt laden Iberia. Relatives travelled to america about the same time and found the BA check in staff at Heathrow not very helpful, but different in America on the return journey.
I do not think I will bother with BA again