PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 747-400 seating config question

flynerd
13th Sep 2008, 16:44
A QF schedule change LAX-SYD caused by canx QF8 has pused my wife and I onto another QF flight and they have allocated seats 73A and 73B :( :sad:

These are the last row of window seats, just in front of an emergency exit!

So, just wondering if any CC or others know if these are seats that do not recline (because of the emerg. exit right behind them)?

For a 14+hr flight, I hope not!

Thanks for any info...

Flynerd

wet wet wet
13th Sep 2008, 17:07
Have a look at Airline Seating Charts, Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru (http://www.seatguru.com). Looks like they do recline, but there may be other concerns.

flynerd
13th Sep 2008, 23:24
Thanks for that link. The seats look as though they will have to do. The no-window to lean on is a non-issue at seat A. And better than row 69 which are said to be narrower because of the narrowing of the fuselage.

Flynerd

raffele
14th Sep 2008, 10:21
On the 747, that last row of seats do recline but perhaps not to their full extent (they usually stick a partial bulkhead behind them).

Looking for positives, whoever sits in A will get a bit more space for their stuff and a bit more space to stretch out, down the side of the seat in front!

BrissySparkyCoit
14th Sep 2008, 10:50
69 which are said to be narrower because of the narrowing of the fuselage.
All economy seats are the same width.

cartexchange
14th Sep 2008, 12:24
73A does not fully recline!
Its in front of the exit.
It is an issue and QF are aware of it.

Globaliser
14th Sep 2008, 15:38
The QF website's own seatmaps (PDF format, lots of detail) mark 73A as one of the "seats normally allocated last". There will definitely be a reason for this.

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with these and would ask to change. One of the other pairs of seats behind 69 would seem to be better. But the possibilities may be limited because of the circumstances in which you've been moved, anyway.

flynerd
15th Sep 2008, 19:49
Thanks all. I think I will call them and try for better seats. I am a QClub member so see if that can work in my favor!

Flynerd