PDA

View Full Version : The Euro - The UK's Economic Tests

ATNotts
13th Sep 2008, 16:26
Just thinking, a few years ago when TB was in charge of the UK, and GB the chancellor it was said that when the economic conditions were right the Government would make the case for joing the Euro.

As I recall amongst those "tests" were that the / exchange rate was favourable (surely 1.25 is) and that the UK was at the same point in the economic cycle as the rest of the Eurozone - which surprisingly it now is!

So, where's the decision in principal, and when is the referendum?

radeng
13th Sep 2008, 16:32
You don't think that any promises on referendums (or practically anything else) will be kept by GB and his gang of wotsits, do you?

BenThere
13th Sep 2008, 16:37
I just read Ireland will be called to have another EU referendum soon.

Here's an idea. Why not have an EU-wide vote to be held on the same day throughout the EU to settle it once and for all?

Why do the 'pro' siders get to call vote after vote until they get the answer they want. Who makes up these crazy rules?

CATIII-NDB
13th Sep 2008, 16:52
"promises on referendums" - one of the key issues was the value of the vis the Euro. We are heading for parity at the current rate of depreciation. See the thread on getting rid of the P. M - I had forgot this commitment made by our great leader.

Yes what is happening to Gov Policy on this issue.

CAT III

Wingswinger
13th Sep 2008, 17:18
I would have thought that one would have wanted as many as possible for one's so 1.25 to the doesn't look very favourable to me. How about 2.00?

Captain Stable
13th Sep 2008, 17:28
Having considered the matter carefully, I don't think I shall attempt to hold my breath until 1.00 = 2.00 :ooh: :\ :uhoh:

Sir George Cayley
13th Sep 2008, 18:23
Stop. Stop it now.! No I mean it.:mad:

1 referendum - 2 referendae. No such thang as referendums.

As you were, continue

Sir George Cayley