PDA

View Full Version : MCC Training at European

bournemouth
13th Sep 2008, 09:30
I've just completed the MCC with European in Bournemouth and I have to say, if you're looking for an MCC course this one is hard to beat for the money! £2,400 and the sim training is completed on the full motion 737-200. This is great if you are up for an interview and sim check. It's also a lot of fun! I would definitely recommend.

ford cortina
13th Sep 2008, 17:46
Sounds like an advert to me.

expedite08
14th Sep 2008, 17:13
I would'nt say that cortina!

I have heard nothing but praise for the course, value for money and professional training by the sounds of it! My FTO has connections with them so I will be heading thier way no doubt for my course too.

r1flyguy35
14th Sep 2008, 18:08
I did my MCC there too and have to say they are excellent.

Also whilst i was training there, EAAC took on one of the MCC lads as they had 500 hrs and now flies as FO on the charter aircraft. they also hire now and again for the sim sessions (red letter days) which leads to jobs within the company!

Worthy of note.

OneIn60rule
15th Sep 2008, 12:48
Is really proud of himself. Uses the Bournemouth handle and even tells all how great the sim is.

What can I say, speaks for itself.

1/60

potkettleblack
15th Sep 2008, 13:19
To the unitiated whenever there is a flurry of only positive posts it usually means one of two things. The course is either the best thing since sliced bread or its free advertising by either the school itself or overly keen wanabes.

ford cortina
15th Sep 2008, 14:49
Okay to clarify a bit, I did my MCC at Bournemouth in 2005 on the Tristar. I used a rival school to European as at the time they were not doing MCC's. It did the job, tick in the box.

I fly a 737-300/400/700/800 depending which base I get sent to, so did the Tristar help me with flying a jet.....No it taught me the basics of working as a team. We had the autopilor in most of the time.

Now a 737-200 must be useful right? After all its the same as what I fly just older Right?
Wrong on both counts, from the 300 onwards the flight deck looks different, plus you have not got the time to learn the scans anyway. The handling of the 300 onwards is different as well
I have had a play on a 200, I took my Fiancee for a go at one in Yorkshire, the aircraft flys different than later models, thats why we have a 737-100/200 and a 737-300/900inc BBJ Rating.

If you do get offered a job on them great, take it...but you cannot go and join Ryanair or for that matter any 737 operator who does not fly the 100/200's, and theres not many left, without a fresh type rating on the 300/900's.

So what are you getting for your money, well it's a course designed to help you work as a team, you could do it in any fixed base twin. But you are not reading this, your just writing a cheque out instead, I did as well when I could have saved a little bit of money. :ok: