PDA

View Full Version : EZY 2334 KRW to LTN 12.09.09

ATM Grad
12th Sep 2008, 23:58
hi guys...

anyone know why above flight was cancelled? My girlfirend was due fly back to the UK after three months in Poland however flight was delayed a few times, then finally cancelled. She has taken this flight many times over the last few years, and never really experienced much of a delay. I myself have flown EZY many times and only once, a fe weeks back encountered a 40min delay on a AMS to LTN flight.

Luckily once the announcement had been made, she got straight on the phone to her dad who made the booking on her behalf...luckily he wsa still at work so able to get onto easyjet.com and change her reservation to the 13th.

She then proceeded to get her bags from arrivals, and then saw the massive queue of people at the easyjet desk demanding to know when they would be able to get her on a flight.

bpavacic
13th Sep 2008, 12:22
The answer I got from EasyJet representative today is "bad weather conditions".
I will try to find out more, since the weather both in Krakow and Luton was perfectly fine.

BitMoreRightRudder
14th Sep 2008, 20:07
KRK only has an instrument approach procedure onto the westerly runway. If the wind is from the east and is strong enough, then a visual circling procedure has to be followed to enable a landing on the easterly runway. This can only be done during daylight hours because of terrain and obstacles. So if the flight was during darkness then this could have been why it was cancelled. Hope she got home eventually!

ATM Grad
17th Sep 2008, 17:34
thanks for the insight, and yes she did get back to the UK safe an sound a day later!

If anyone has any more definite insights then I would be most interested.

Lord Lardy
18th Sep 2008, 19:27
Yes I would concur with the synopsis above. I work with a different carrier and it's standard procedure and in fact forbidden to land in Krakow at night if you cannot complete an approach onto the westerly runway. The other runway has no approach navigational aids. During the day it's not a problem as the approach if need be onto the easterly runway is made visually. At night however the absense of not being able to see the high terrain is an issue. I would be reasonably confident that the flight was cancelled for these reasons and as such would be categorised from a company perspective as a weather related issue.