PDA

View Full Version : NASAIR Info (threads merged) - all you need to know about them

Pages : [1] 2

Ajax
10th Aug 2007, 07:24
Hi all

Like the title says, wondering if anyone can give me the gen on pay & conditions for A320 pilots with NASair in Riyadh?

Cheers

- Ajax :)

av8r786
11th Sep 2008, 21:05
Hello folks,

I have been offered a job with NASAIR. Can anyone shed some light on what it is like to work there? I am supposed to go for 8 weeks of training including ground school and simulator training. What are the check rides and training like?

Thanks.

wonder
11th Sep 2008, 22:19
Do your own search and think twice before you make up your mind.

av8r786
11th Sep 2008, 23:06
Thanks wonder. If you are referring to the culture at all, I am very well versed in that since I am a Muslim myself. However, I want information on how they treat the employees, check rides, etc. Where can I get information on that? I have talked to one pilot I know that flies for them, he seems to be happy but I want more input. Thanks again.

LoserInLife
11th Sep 2008, 23:32
Also offered a class at NAS Air today (190). I'm pretty sure that initial training starts in Singapore for indoc and sims.

av8r786
12th Sep 2008, 00:06
Do you have any information on NAS?

LoserInLife
12th Sep 2008, 01:02
Unfortunately I know about as much as you do about NAS right now, but I'll PM you as soon as this changes.

av8r786
12th Sep 2008, 02:53
You have a choice of two roster patterns:

6 weeks on 3 weeks off or 6 weeks on 2 weeks off. Pay is $11300 and $12700 respectively. Accommodation is provided in a hotel during your stay right now. Medical is provided. Economy class tickets on your time off to home. That is basically it.

mutt
12th Sep 2008, 05:26
If you are referring to the culture at all, I am very well versed in that since I am a Muslim myself

Dont confuse religion and culture!!!.

In saudi you will be treated according to your ethnic origin rather than your passport, so the way that one person is treated could be completly different to the next. Only way to find out, is to go there!!!

Mutt

JotaJota
12th Sep 2008, 06:22
av8r786 (http://www.pprune.org/members/258457-av8r786), I was offered a job last week as well as 3 diff acquaintances of mine. We are considering it, but need more info too. Going to the 320. Riyadh or Jeddah based? Anyone? Buehler?

Waiting on the Chinese sucks... Interviews canceled twice and now who knows.

av8r786 (http://www.pprune.org/members/258457-av8r786) are you currently furloughed? Going to be? De (down)-graded? Feel free to PM me... I am taking a break from aviation in the US.

Jx2

Jaxon
12th Sep 2008, 06:42
What happened to the 35/31 rostering?

I can't imagine anybody I know tolerating the conditions there with at best a 6 and 3 roster.

av8r786
12th Sep 2008, 11:02
A pilot I know there says they are not offering it any more. He says he can do 5 weeks there standing on his head, how much more would one more week be?

NZ X man
12th Sep 2008, 15:21
If you had a choice between Jeddah and Riyadh, pick Jeddah, beach community, more relaxed, you even see folks sometime waring shorts, mostly in the evening. Little Humid in the summer though. They are entirely too uptight in Riyadh.

av8r786
12th Sep 2008, 16:11
Thanks NZ. Are you there or fly for NAS? I was thinking of Jeddah too. I have a cousin there so I would know someone that could show me the ropes.

KRUGERFLAP
12th Sep 2008, 18:48
Got same offer.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The positions are available now for immediate start and the most urgent
matter is your understanding of the terms and conditions (provided in last
email) and your availability.
The positions will not have an interview stage, available pilots that have
the correct credentials and papers will be offered position to join the
NASAIR ground school and
simulator programme. As this last about 8 weeks we would expect a very high
success rate, given the quality and length of the induction course.

Subject to verification of your papers I can offer you start dates as
follows:

1. 21st September
2. 5th October
3. 19th October
4. 2nd November
5. 23rd November
---------------------------------------------------------------

Captain - Full time employee
Remuneration per month
Captain 6 weeks on 3 weeks off employee
Remuneration per month
Basic Salary SAR 30,833 Basic Salary SAR 30,833
Riyadh Allowance SAR 2,500 Riyadh Allowance SAR 2,500
Transportation Allowance SAR 800 Transport Allowance SAR 800 or
provided by NAS
Housing Allowance SAR 8,333 Housing Allowance SAR 8,333
provided by NAS
Guaranteed Flying Allowance SAR 3,750 Not Applicable
Flying Allowance (per month)
Flying Hours SAR per flying hour
51 – 75 hours 250
76 plus hours 400
Flying Allowance (per month)
Flying Hours SAR per flying hour
0 – 25 hours 50
26 – 50 hours 100
51 – 75 hours 250
76 plus hours 400

lang409
12th Sep 2008, 20:08
Does anyone have any information about the FO renumeration package? and can anyone speak on any experiences about flying in Saudi? since I am an American from the Midwest I understand there will be a cultural difference but how is Saudi different from say...The UAE or Qatar?

KRUGERFLAP
12th Sep 2008, 20:36
Applicability Airbus A320 family and Embraer 190 / 195 rated First Officers
2. Qualifications requirement
JAA / FAA / ICAO Commercial / IR
Class 1 medical
Total time: 1000 + hours
Jet: 500 + hours
Minimum age 21, maximum age 50 years
Remuneration (per month )

Basic salary SAR 16,666

Riyadh allowance SAR 2,500

Guaranteed Flying allowance SAR 2,875

Housing allowance SAR 8,333

Transportation allowance SAR 800

NZ X man
13th Sep 2008, 06:55
I was based in Riyadh 2006-2007, whilst Nas Air was getting started with the 320s. Back and forth to Jeddah and then Dammam. I also interviewd with Netjets ME which is associated with Nas Air, hence the 35 on 31 off. Riyadh sucks, and there were very few expats flying for them, I would be careful on the contract stuff, 6 weeks on with three off is not great, you lose days in travel and the Saudi's will work you hard and try to do everything on the cheap. If you were based in Europe, at least it is closer.

Cheers

NineInchSnail
13th Sep 2008, 08:22
Apparently FOs on the 320 (like me) are being offered a permanent contract, meaning no commuting!!!!!! You are based there with 45 days of vacation......WTF

Anybody else experienced that or some folks got the commutable contract for 320 FO?

Thanks

wonder
13th Sep 2008, 08:39
getting an offer with no interview and sim assessment, seems to me mom and pop operations. Good luck.

mutt
13th Sep 2008, 09:17
getting an offer with no interview and sim assessment.... or an airline that urgently needs pilots, they dont care where they come from as long as they can fly!!!

But considering that the majority of the new hires on a recent course FAILED, i would have thought that they would have changed their policies!

Just remember that you will be signing a contract under Saudi Arabian Law with a x day termination clause, so if they do start to get enough crews to fly on the permanent contracts, economic logic dictates that the 6/3 roster period and the crews who were hired under these terms will disappear.

Mutt

spike727
14th Sep 2008, 00:50
what abou living in ex-pat compond? how much does it cost and will family put up with it.

mutt
14th Sep 2008, 13:10
family put up with it....

2 questions..... do NASAIR offer a "family visa"? Do they offer schooling for kids?

Schooling is extremely expensive and only covers kids up to mid teens, so consider if its financially prudent for you to bring them with you.

Mutt

tarik123
14th Sep 2008, 13:40
Nas does not offer schooling, they offer family visa and local medical insurance.

FlyingOrange
14th Sep 2008, 14:38
They offer a Family Visa ???... mmm,

Tell that to some of my work mates ... I think not,

Unless your a Saudi..... But then you don't need one!

as for the medical cover, you will have to chase up even getting your own.

jungledrvr
14th Sep 2008, 18:15
Hey guys I am currently awaiting a decision on my application through Storm. Anyone else applying or thinking about it? Feel free to PM.

ASkipper
15th Sep 2008, 15:48
Hi folks,

can someone tell us what in th ... world is taking
8 weeks of whatever if you are rated on type???

Any details on hotac?

Anyone already there on the Storm contract?

Rgds
ASkipper

TWOTBAGS
15th Sep 2008, 16:22
To all those impatiently waiting........

It's RAMADAN over here now and nothing is happening at any speed except the traffic from 4 to 6pm.

Office hours are 10-4 with a good level of absenteeism. Everything slows to Molasses pace including the traffic on Medina Road.

So, just hold your horses, things will pick up in a few weeks.:ok:

.......................................Thats if you still want to come :E

ASkipper
15th Sep 2008, 17:05
Hi TWOTBAGS,

how is life then in KSA?
How many sectors per day/week?
Off-days per week?
Any Lifestyle beyond the flight deck door?

Many thanks!
ASkipper

TWOTBAGS
15th Sep 2008, 23:43
Answers for ASkipper

Firstly I dont work for NASair, nor do i live in OERK.

KSA is limiting, if you search PPrune and the net you will see as much, it is not north america, not europe and not asia. If you think it is going to be anything like what you expect back home.............. forget it, not here.

It is however better than a lot of places that some of us have worked in, like deepest darkest africa, butt frozen arctic, or sweety jungle hideaway in SEAsia!:}

Sectors ...... dont know dont work for them:oh:
Days Off.......dont know dont work for them:oh:
Lifestyle.......dont know dont work for them:oh:

seeing a pattern................ but I am related, kinda, sorta.

Its a very trying experience some days and a very pleasing others. Some days seem to see everything that can be FUBAR................become FUBAR:hmm:

Others like what we had the other night are a piece of cake, blast out of one CTZ say the right words on the radio and voila..... direct track 540nm to SID IP just outside destination.:ok:

(BTW SIDs & STARs dont exist here.... but thats another story in itself, so get used to long magenta, or in the bus i suppose it would be long green and being slam dunked onto finals in RUH!):E

I suppose being culturally sensitive is the big issue, know that you are a guest worker, not much higher up the food chain than a Phillipino maid or a Bangladeshi Honey truck man in most of the locals eyes, You just earn more and go home more often.;)

Be careful what you wish for it may come true. Some love it, some hate it, its a matter of finding the right balance for the individual.

Remember when you do come but, no one put a gun to your head to make you sign the contract..........

It gets much worse........... famous word said to me by Gunship Eng....

NZ X man
16th Sep 2008, 07:09
Hay two bags, you have received an excellent enlightenment on KSA, good on you. I think you will continue to do well there. Any infor on that company I inquired about? Think they are working on my contract as I sit and type.

X man:8

TWOTBAGS
16th Sep 2008, 08:40
Gday X,

I asked around among the crews here and nobody seems to know much about them...... this is maybe a good thing because if the place is rotten then the bush telegraph usually smells out the rot;) no news is good news really.

We are into a few days of crew change time so i will ask some of the back to backs. Other than that there is not much to report, other than that our ACASS guys are being offered full time contracts. Which is good for the troops and brings a level playing field for all not a two tier system which as you can imagine caused a bit of friction.

Flysafe and expect a mail soon as I am outta here in the next few, when do you go home.

:E

jungledrvr
16th Sep 2008, 20:39
Are they at all flexible on the 500 hour in type requirement? I know of people who applied after me, got an offer, and turned it down while I am still waiting. I'm trying to be patient but I'm wondering if I'm being passed over because of this? I have about 350 in the Ejet. :confused:

Mister Geezer
21st Sep 2008, 00:32
Just remember that you will be signing a contract under Saudi Arabian Law with a x day termination clause, so if they do start to get enough crews to fly on the permanent contracts, economic logic dictates that the 6/3 roster period and the crews who were hired under these terms will disappear.

Mutt makes an interesting point here but can an airline like NAS attract enough full time employees that are happy to live permanently in KSA? The bulk of the guys in NAS at the moment do it for the fact they don't need to move to the ME and can still spend time at home. So without this incentive then will RUH just be one big parking lot for the many aircraft that NAS has on order? I somehow think that is a very likely scenario if they get rid of the 'commuting' contracts!

flynhigh
21st Sep 2008, 01:53
Guys

If anybody really wants to work for NAS IM me and I will tell you who to talk to and you will get a job ASAP. Good Luck all.

Fly Ginger
22nd Sep 2008, 16:39
Get a job asap....................ASAP, are you kidding!! Nothing happens asap, of that i can assure you:ok:

Now please, fly ginger:hmm:

777pilot
23rd Sep 2008, 07:36
Hi flyhigh
I,m really wondering how that goes in NAS.
I have Candian ////ATPL 5200 TT and 1250 diff airbuses and 650 on A320 F/O.
Untill now i have sent my stuff 4 X but no respond.
Maybe You have an Idea what is going on.
fly safe & take care

Fly Ginger
23rd Sep 2008, 08:11
One guy handles the initial recruitment (who incidently is not a pilot) and without being rude to him, he doesn't have the insight into what the industry is going through right now, and what could be done to get the right people into NAS. And boy, if they want to expand, they need to be recruiting now, as it can take months to get online - i started in feb, flew for the first time at the end of last month. This is not unusual, and neither is it all the companies fault - there are external issues (entry-exit visa/ work permit/licence verification etc) and these are well covered on different forums for this region. They take time and a good handful of patience (of which flying orange will tell you i'm not that good at - but getting better i hope). This is my personal opinion - there will be others who disagree, but i think that's the point of prune.........

A few people have PM me about life and working conditions here, i will get back to you as soon as posibleas i have just got back from a vacation. Will be in JED on friday in the hotel so will respond to people there

Now please remember to Fly Ginger:}

JotaJota
23rd Sep 2008, 08:43
Wonder, good point...

getting an offer with no interview and sim assessment, seems to me mom and pop operations. Good luck.I did get that offer from NAS also, come and we'll look at your licenses, logbooks, etc. and if it all checks, you'll start training. Interesting , but in my case I have over 13k hrs TT, over 10K PIC and about 8k jet... So you can see that my res should speak for itself....

Only reason I can see them making these bold offers is cause they are desperate for pilots, but hey if at this point I can not pass a sim and panel interview, I should not be flying JETS right! := :eek:

wonder
23rd Sep 2008, 20:33
Remember that an interview and sim assessment are not only meant for technical eval.

777pilot
26th Sep 2008, 08:00
All right Gents :
I must say i'm very confused about this.
I received 2x letters today . they look same first a letter of acceptance (without noting for interview or assessment notice) !!!!!
And 2nd is a welcome note to joining the company:confused:
Can anyone tell me how the procedure goes in NAS air please?
So if all that goes right then what about the high failing rate and specially if it take such long time to get too flying parts or sim parts ??:suspect:

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciate it.
fly safe

commercialpilot28
26th Sep 2008, 11:02
Guys, I am trying to get an interview with nas air. I meet all the requirements and had send them my online application few times but no response so far. How long you guys had to wait before you got an interview call ? Also I want to know what kind of questions were asked ?
Whats up with high failure rate, I noticed few people mentioned that earlier ? Any info will be appreciated, I just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into. Thanx

wonder
26th Sep 2008, 15:53
is it that bad in the US? seems to me that you are desperate. Do your homework and take one step backward and evaluate.

commercialpilot28
26th Sep 2008, 18:05
It will come down to desperation if I dont make a move now. Got a letter last week from HR, will be furloughed by end of October.

Fly Ginger
27th Sep 2008, 08:48
Guys, it's holiday season here, i'm in the office at the moment, and anyone who would be of help to you is not here. I can only try to pass on the sentiment here - and that is that there are pilots out there who are trying to get in touch

Fly Ginger

Twin Turbo Pilot
1st Oct 2008, 01:41
Hi there anything new on NAS i recieved the paperwork to fill out online yesterday and just sent it back. Oh im dealing with Flight Crew Solutions the person ive been talking to has been most helpful about answering my questions. BTW i have 2300TT 1300 SIC jet 250 in the E170/175 and NOT current. I understand living in KSA may not be for everyone, and honestly all im seeing is the $$$$. I figure at 22 single with no family i can sacrifice QOL for a few years. The only thing that does concern me a little is safety I have tried to research the region seems ok i guess. I do worry about walking onto some sort of sacred ground accidently or getting accused of smiling at a woman. On the plus side I hear that the KSA is very modern much like the US, I guess they have to spend all that oil money on something, any truth to that? Although I am an American Catholic fluent in spanish my father was syrian and my middle name does happen to be Mohamad, could that be bad if people found out, Im not Muslim nor do i speak any kind of arabic. Anyway pardon my ignorance just trying to do as much homework as i possibly can thank you for any help

Mister Geezer
1st Oct 2008, 16:05
Providing you don't make a fool of yourself and respect the laws of the land then you won't have too much to worry about.

flyrob100
1st Oct 2008, 21:05
Nasair guys : How much do you typically fly per month, what are schedules or rostering like. What is the housing situation in base. is it paid for or if not does the housing alowance cover your costs. Are your layover hotels covered? If you had the choice , Nas or Aramco? Thanks.

wonder
2nd Oct 2008, 04:34
All Aramco rejects go to NAS. I hope this answer your question.

FlyingOrange
2nd Oct 2008, 12:28
I'm not an Aramaco reject, and don't think many of us are ... if any.

I like many of my colleagues are here for lifestyle that the 35/31 pattern gives us, a shame it is not currently on offer for new joiners.

LoserInLife
2nd Oct 2008, 16:38
Anyone else waiting on paperwork processing for NAS? Just wondering what's the status of the classes that were supposed to be starting this month (Oct 5 and Oct 18).

mutt
2nd Oct 2008, 17:30
The Moslem holiday of Eid Al Fitr was 2 days ago, this basically means that ALL government offices in Saudi were closed for last 10 days and will remain closed until the 11th October, whilst I wouldn’t expect NAS to be decadent enough to give their employees the same long holidays as government employees, their hands will be tied in relation to obtaining visas etc......

So I suggest that its a case of sitting back and relaxing for a couple of weeks.

Good Luck.

Mutt

flyrob100
2nd Oct 2008, 19:03
Could anyone tell me what the schedules are, how much you typically fly per month and the housing scheme. Thanks.

Fly Ginger
3rd Oct 2008, 08:48
Expect close to max hours, anything less would be a bonus. Housing i have no idea about, most of us are in hotels, but there is rumour of a compound before the end of the year.

Be careful now, i did say a rumour...........:}

777pilot
3rd Oct 2008, 09:26
I'm still waiting patiently for Visa or anything related to further hiring procedure.
After all I'm still confused of the word (new hired pilots)!!!!
What does this mean?
Does it mean that we are hired already & starting the indoc class right away ?
Do we have still interviews and sim evaluation down the road?
Flying ginger & Mutt are well informed about the Company but no one is willing to explain these details yet.
And i guess these are the questions for many applicants.
It wont take too long before the holidays are over.
safe fly for everyone.:confused:

Fly Ginger
4th Oct 2008, 09:44
ok, i have one thing to say. This is a rumour network and as such i have never hidden behind my username - as most people who know me will confirm.

As my lovely contract states, you cannot tell untruths or mis-represent the company in any way, i'm sure you get the picture. I am a little candid shall we say in my responses here as i do not know who y'all are. As such i try to be hilarious (which never works!!) or try to say things as they are without being rude. So here goes.....................

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away.............a man with ginger hair went into the company office to find out a little information about how people were recruited into the said company. After wondering the corridors of power for an hour or so it suddenly struck the ginger haired one.........

"No one knows" he cried..........."no one cares" echoed around the dredded offices of power. Distraught with failure he decided to go through the ordeal of getting crew transport back to the hotel............

Tune into next weeks exciting adventure, and find out how many other hotels transport tried to take the intrepid explorer to before settling on the right one!!

Please remember to Fly Ginger:}

wonder
5th Oct 2008, 14:31
Who is flying the Embraer at NAS? if so, is it revenue flights or proven run?

mutt
5th Oct 2008, 15:13
Who is flying the Embraer at NAS

Corrected due to ref by FlyGinger....... :):)

Mutt

Fly Ginger
5th Oct 2008, 18:46
Mutt, you are loosing your touch!! EMB flown by a motley crew from around the world, and on revenue flights.

For now, anyway.

It will be much more interesting to see who is flying it when the contracts are up for renewal:oh:

LoserInLife
5th Oct 2008, 19:56
It will be much more interesting to see who is flying it when the contracts are up for renewal:oh:

My bet's on Filipinos

FlyingOrange
5th Oct 2008, 20:23
My bet, they'll park em up em again...

.... next to the Airbus as the pilots leave in their droves when their 35/31 contract expires!

metro301
6th Oct 2008, 06:14
My bet is by Americans, I know of at least 4-5 of them that have applied. more in the wings waiting.

Fly Ginger
7th Oct 2008, 11:24
for now maybe.........

NAScrew
8th Oct 2008, 12:04
NEW JOINERS BEWARE

Contract Pilot

STORM not paid AGAIN by NAS, so contrcat crew NOT PAID. this twice in past few months.

PARC crew only paid in last day, NAS not pay PARC also

If you come direct.
Probabtion mean NO LEAVE. It 4 months and only training pay. NO ALLOWANCE.

Rotation only start once ALL training finished. can be 6 months. NO TIME OFF, NO ALLOWANCES.

Recurent train in own time also fly home. trainig can take 10 day each 6 month

All

Fight for expenses claim, as they not being sign.

Some home flights not being paid for. So pay yourself and try to claim back.

Roster
You on standby all time. No schedule or program day off.

Enginering

Very bad. Not done, cause 2 x double beeld faile.

Document
NAS near top of Airbus Instrie BLACKLIST as not issue OEB to crew, or tell when change in FCOM.

Taining
not exist, pilot not know about aircrfat.

NAS HAVE BIG PROBLEM IN NEXT FEW MONTH, STAY AWAY

Mister Geezer
9th Oct 2008, 00:47
NAScrew

I suspect that you don't work for NAS and you have a chip on your shoulder of some kind. No one with such a poor command of English would be allowed anywhere near a Flight Deck!!!

mutt
9th Oct 2008, 05:37
Mister Geezer, there are a lot of people in the ME who arent native English speakers, so rather than attack the poster, why dont you comment on the issues mentioned?

Mutt

LoserInLife
9th Oct 2008, 13:29
In response to NAScrew's post; Can anyone backup his claims about NAS not paying and engineering being unsafe?

I'm seriously considering this job flying the 190, but getting a little spooked by his comments.

Just looking for other people's experience with this company.

Thank you

Dagar
9th Oct 2008, 17:16
Does NAS offer Captains upgrade to its FOs??Incase they do how long does it take??

tarik123
9th Oct 2008, 17:52
Nas never failed to pay my salary and it is always on time.

Airplanes are brand new and still under manufacturer's warranty.

Maintenance are all very experienced.

This is the best job I ever had because of the life style it provides as
Iam on 35/31.

We do not have the horrible long night flights that starts at midnight
and finishes midday.

It took me 3 months to get clear on line, but after that I had
31 days off after every 35 days of work.

LoserInLife
9th Oct 2008, 19:33
Tarik,

Thank you for the info.

Fly Ginger
9th Oct 2008, 19:59
The jungle jet might be new....................

It might be covered by the manufac. warranty

Maint. might be professional..............

Some airbuses might not be as new as they once were

You might get paid on time................

You might have to sit in the office all day get to get a ticket home

I might be an idiot..................

Might...........great word, isn't it!!:E

Dagar
9th Oct 2008, 21:27
Can someone plz.tell me if NAS upgrades its FOs to Captains and if so what is the time period??

wonder
10th Oct 2008, 06:54
All middle east airlines (with no exception) upgrade their FO's based on who you know, nationality, etc. Forget seniority and/or performance. Personal relationship is a key in the middle east.

Think twice before you jump ship.

Fly Ginger
11th Oct 2008, 07:14
In my humble opinion, i would ask around in the company as to how many people have been upgraded in the last few years..............

Might take you a while:E

Dagar
11th Oct 2008, 09:03
do they provide accomodation in Expat compounds for the family??

LoserInLife
11th Oct 2008, 14:05
Anyone have experience dealing with FlightCrew Solutions? I'm attempting to get a contract with NAS through them, but something seems a little off with their recruiters.

Thank you

BadAndy
11th Oct 2008, 14:56
LoserInLife,

PM me or better (as I often forget to check my PMs...) shoot me an email. I'm interested to hear your experiences with them. I want to hear if they're similar to mine...

Bad-Andy

metro301
11th Oct 2008, 20:14
Fly Ginger, in their defense, I think they only started operating within the last year. So not much time to upgrade anyone.

Fly Ginger
12th Oct 2008, 13:09
No, as a company they have been flying for three years (kayala), the loco side is newer, but the planned expansion plans mean that whatever you are told as an FO, they will always take DEC's. Clear financial sense. I am a good few years away yet so as not to worry too much, but it will shape my decision eventually.

EMB might be a little different in a while, but again, DEC's will trump any FO here for a good while yet.

The real spanner in the works is that the company has stated that it will not even consider upgrades in the future unless you are on a full time contract. Most of the expats work here for the salary and the time off. Nothing more. To me that shows the direction the company is now taking.

Please forgive me for my personal interpretation of the situation, i would like to stand correted, however, i 'm not so sure that i will.

Now then.................Fly Ginger:hmm:

metro301
12th Oct 2008, 17:13
Forgot about the other side of the flying. You are correct.

teddyr61
12th Oct 2008, 17:36
any of you guys take the new jobs..are they moving on the 6-3 for fo's?
thxs,
mike

Stallmanager
13th Oct 2008, 18:56
They have to choose either 6/2 or 6/3 when they'll renew their contract. Both will be the single contract, accommodation can be provided by nas or allowance could be paid.
Good luck

teddyr61
13th Oct 2008, 19:17
do you work for them?
is it as bad as everyone is painting here?
thxs,
mike

Dagar
17th Oct 2008, 00:13
How is Riyadh?and how is it for the family/

should one go through storm aviation or deal directly with NAS?

how can one go about getting an apartment in expat compound?

how are the working conditions @ NAS?

Fubaliera
18th Oct 2008, 22:45
I Dont Know Much About Parc Or Storm. I Have Worked With Flight Crew Solutions In The Past And Would Do So In The Future. Its Been My Experience That If They Say Some They Do It. Thats All I Ask For.

Rubis
20th Oct 2008, 01:58
Parc and Storm send you to NAS as a contracted Pilot. You are paid by them and can try to resolve contract issues through them.

FCS is sending you to NAS as a referral. IE, you work for NAS directly and have a contract through NAS. Also are paid by NAS. Any issues are resolved through NAS. You have no one representing you on issues.

There are several different contracts out there depending on who sends you to NAS.

If you desire to come to NAS, you may want to decide in advance how you will want to be represented at NAS.

mutt
20th Oct 2008, 03:55
You should also pay close attention to the complete "package" including FAMILY VISAS, Housing, Schooling, Tickets etc, especially if you are doing more than 35/31.

Mutt

FlyingOrange
20th Oct 2008, 09:57
RUBIS

Think you'll find the PARC contract is now a referal as well. Don't know about the Storm one.

ME Sneak
16th Jun 2009, 12:50
I hear a few rumours;

Aircraft ACCIDENT at Alexandria?:eek::eek:

Crew leave cancelled!!! :mad:

Contracts changed by management!!!:oh::oh::oh:

Nobody happy with new Chief Pilot who is trying to cover everything up:=:=

Anyone there got the inside info, pm me please

4HolerPoler
16th Jun 2009, 16:12
Great first post Mr./Mrs. Sneak :ok: - with that kind of attitude you will are most welcome on this site.

As a joining bonus I have reduced your first annual subsription by 50%.

Welcome aboard & let those rumours flow.

4HP

Fly Ginger
17th Jun 2009, 07:40
I have been advised by the idiot i share my villa with not to say anything, as this would only confirm the above facts as being allegedly true.

So i am not commenting on the above post.

So there.

Now then, Fly Ginger:E

Bukkake
19th Jun 2009, 15:29
All is well...all is well!

http://resolutedetermination.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/alliswell1.jpg

ME Sneak
19th Jun 2009, 21:34
So aly ACCIDENT plane need new landing gear to start. Insrance men looking at now, many think need new wing and maybe body bent.

Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, if not scrap.

Pilot get fines for submit ASR, as DFO prefer to bury head in sand.:ugh::ugh:

Pilot told that contracr will be change and they take or leave.

All expat lookin for work some where else.

shampoo_9
20th Jun 2009, 05:16
thats what you get from Jordanian gung , they well destroy the airline

ME Sneak
20th Jun 2009, 06:16
shampoo. not jordan any mor, all saudi. DFO is donky, was DFO b4 but got bust as he bring NAS to knees with his imcompetant. noone know how he get post agin.

ALY ACCIDENT also saudi. same one as did 2 x pack fault and emer descant few month ago as he not know drills and book. :eek:

many here like that. no sop, no maual, no update OED, FCOM, QRH

expat look for job, no trust managers.

arba
21st Jun 2009, 09:44
are you sure ALY ? not HBE ? when was it ?

Duh
21st Jun 2009, 09:58
That place sounds like a scary place to work from what you guys are writing. Are you referring to the NAS Airbus Ops or the NAS private jet service?

ME Sneak
21st Jun 2009, 16:27
Not HBS was ALY. may 7. VCXZ (been told by pm)

Bounce x 3 and then go ard. middle bouce was near 4g.

COO away now on airbus corse, donky DFO in charge:eek::mad::{:sad:

mutt
21st Jun 2009, 17:21
I'm curious, is the DFO Capt O.Z.?

What management position does Capt M.D hold?

Plus whatever happened to the Australian training boss of Pakistani origin, Capt S?

Duh, these guys are writing about NASAIR, not NJME....

Mutt

Krypton
25th Jun 2009, 23:37
O.Z. is Director FO , and M.D. is Director training ( so I am told)

flynhigh
26th Jun 2009, 00:21
Capt Talal is Director training and Capt. Fedal is Fleet Manager both are great guys I think they were with SV for almost 30 years as B777 Capt. MUTT do you know them?

FlyingOrange
26th Jun 2009, 06:41
flyinghigh.
Capt T is Fleet Manager Emb. Don't know bout F.Krypton was spot on about DFO and Training Dir.

As Ginger has said, I cannot CONFIRM or deny any of MESneaks posts, but he does seem to be very, very accurate.

Needless to say, most expats, and many locals are looking for work elsewhere.

tarik123
26th Jun 2009, 09:21
Some comments on this thread are really stupid because:

Nobody has the right to insult a whole nationality because of a bad experience with one person.

Most of the pilots in NAS do not know the new DFO and to call him names only shows bad manners.

NAS's pay is the best in the market. On top they either give you 6 weeks on,3 weeks off contract and pay 6 tickets a year to home base.

Or full time which means 7 days off in a row every month and around 35 days a year annual leave.

NAS is one of the very few companies that will start your full salary the minute you sign the contract.

NAS's pay is always on time.

It is a new airline that still needs lots of work, but till know it is the best company I have worked for.

positive climb gear
26th Jun 2009, 12:08
I guess this is the ONLY airline you have worked for then......
YOU must be the only lucky one being paid on time....
I have yet to meet a pilot that has actually achieved anything like a 6/3 roster- especially when it takes 5 months to complete training and NAS will not allow you to return home even while you wait for 5 weeks for your GACA Licence to arrive...

Not to mention the fact that contracts are cancelled and changed on a whim.......:ugh:

Oh, and why are the Expats being penalized for filing ASRs- if you were local, tried to cover up an alleged accident.......thats OK then.

tarik123
26th Jun 2009, 12:59
Most probably I started flying before you were born.

Yes it takes 5 months to finish training, but you are fully paid for every month that you are under training.

As for you not being happy, I am sure that you have loads of jobs lined
up, but you like to suffer and stay with NAS, :ugh:

As for expats being penalized for writing an ASR, as I recall the director
of flight safety is neither Saudi nor any other Arab nationality.

Man just enjoy what you have because in some other airlines in the
region you are terminated just because you get married without asking
the CEO's approval.

It is not perfect but at least you have a tax free well paid job in a very difficult economic situation.

FlyingOrange
26th Jun 2009, 13:19
Director Safety is British.

Capt who filed ASR was fined by DFO.

ME Sneak
5th Sep 2009, 17:06
dfo (al Z) get sack for being donkey and thinking he can do as wish.:D:D

askd to resign but REFUSE :=:ugh:so get SACKED.:ok::ok:

his aide fleet man also get boot.

Bukkake
5th Sep 2009, 19:48
Mongo hungry, Mongo want food. Mongo like candy.

skytrek21
6th Sep 2009, 06:55
does anyone have a direct e mail address to the HR dept at NAS Air. I applied on line, but the application just does not let you submit. It keeps saying there's always something invalid. Any help will be appreciated....I have 750 Hrs on the A320 and 2000hrs TT. Thanks guys....looking for FO position.

CitationsRock4me
9th Sep 2009, 21:17
I'm in the same boat!!!

Jumbito
11th Sep 2009, 15:54
Yes, the application online doesn´t seem to be wroking correctly.
Any email address where to apply?
Thanks in advance!

a4mrav8r
12th Sep 2009, 12:47
I'm not positive about this but I believe Storm Aviation was handling their recruiting - at least awhile back. Good luck.

20th Sep 2009, 18:10
are things still still going ok there? do you think that they might be hiring in the next year?

B200Drvr
21st Sep 2009, 09:35
"Folk have JAA, CAA, FAA, NZ, Phillapine, GACA... ... any recognized one will do."

For NJME you need a FAA ATPL.

ME Sneak
26th Sep 2009, 14:44
now they sak dirctor traning, traning manager and trainer who was ex dfo!!

and now so short of crew can't fly the route they want

great planing

Duh
26th Sep 2009, 15:56
As of a few days ago, it seems as if the hiring has been handed over to two(2) agencies. I think that that might be the only way to get in. Looks like they are looking for Capt's and FO's and are offering commuting contracts.

mutt
26th Sep 2009, 18:36
sak dirctor traning

Sack as in "out of position"? or out of the "airline"?

When will people learn that you cant take SVA people into positions like these!

Mutt

ME Sneak
27th Sep 2009, 12:18
trng dir has been sac from position, but still in airline as line cap

trng mnager J H (jordan mafia) sac from position and company

old dfo S Al B (jordan mafia) sac from position and company

look like flet manager got job back thro lye's to CEO, after telling his SVA mate to cover up ALY Accident.

a4mrav8r
27th Sep 2009, 12:57
Does anyone understand the reasoning SVA pilots and others are leaving that company to join other companies in the region? It seems from these posts that there are a great number of them working at NAS. Thanks.:bored:

mutt
27th Sep 2009, 15:00
understand the reasoning SVA pilots.... Money, they draw a pension after 25 years, so its worth moving on.

Mutt

Duh
27th Sep 2009, 18:05
SVA ? ................

Eddie Hitler
1st Oct 2009, 11:45
I've had search through the ME forum but all the info seems about a year old now. Is there anything up to date available now it seems that NAS are recruiting again?

Primarily I would like to know what an FO on the 320 takes home each month on the 6/3week contract?

How many hours flying will you usually do per month?

Is it worth staying in the company accommodation or is it better to take the accommodation and transportation allowance and sort out your own?

Finally, how long realistically will it be when you first move out there until you can first return home, or is that the eternal 'how long is a piece of string' question?

Any info is appreciated, PM me if you prefer.

Thanks
EH

huncowboy
1st Oct 2009, 19:44
Can you convert a GACA license into a GCAA? Is there any advantage there? My stuff is FAA so I don't have neither, just wondering.

Fly Ginger
2nd Oct 2009, 08:15
As the GACA licence comes free with 3 tiger tokens off the back of a cornflakes packet, the best thing you could convert it into is a fire lighter for the BBQ:}

Now please remember to Fly Ginger:E

FlyingOrange
2nd Oct 2009, 15:28
Oh Ginger... you are so nasty, and soooo wrong!!

Tiger Tokens come from the back of Frosties NOT Cornflakes!!!!!!!

Mr Hitler, the piece of string is also elastic, so it stretches!!!!

desertopsguy
2nd Oct 2009, 15:39
Huncowboy,

Before GACA was formed, back when the saudis traded majic carpets for aeroplanes, they took the US/FAA way of doing things as their own... if you come with an FAA ticket then they will convert for you no problem as they operate to FAA regs.

All the best.

mutt
2nd Oct 2009, 17:22
if you come with an FAA ticket then they will convert for you no problem as they operate to FAA regs

Not any longer, expect to do the English Language testing and the written tests again..... :)

Mutt

Duh
2nd Oct 2009, 17:34
To bad no one will answer the rest of Hitlers questions.
-Did I just write that?:eek:

huncowboy
2nd Oct 2009, 19:57
desertopsguy,

Thanks for the info. I was trying to see if getting a GACA license would provide any advantages for getting employment with a GCAA airline. Would it look better for interviewing with EY or EK eventually down the road? I know they already take my FAA stuff but having operational experience in the area and gaining a license from a local authority should make my CV better. I would think. Especially if they convert them easily.

I am just trying to estimate the advantages/disadvantages of seeking a temporary position in the ME to get current and gain local experience vs just waiting for my recall in the US and go from there. Hence the question. Regardless, it seems NAS is looking long term only at the moment.

RWEDAREYET
2nd Oct 2009, 20:34
huncowboy,

Don't know who your furloughed from, but recall may take a while at the rate things are going in the US. I took a LOA from my airline, not sure if I will ever go back. I would look for a long term contract.

After reading through these posts, it seems everyone has an opinion about NAS, and they are all completely different. I am currently on a contract for EJME and thinking about jumping ship. Don't know where I want to go, but NAS sounds interesting and I would like to get back on the Bus again.

Can anyone who works for NAS on the Bus give me an idea what the conditions are at NAS. PM me, if you want. Thanks.

Cheers

huncowboy
2nd Oct 2009, 21:35
RWEDAREYET,

My recall is coming up in spring it seems. So at least by next summer I will be in a good position to move on or stay in the US. I am trying to put my bet on one more airline and that will be either EY or EK. I am only interested in a short term move if it really helps my long term goals. If NAS would be looking for contract pilots, it could be beneficial for them and us. I was trying to weight what I would gain vs lose by working there short term. But that is not the case it seems and I think it would look bad to leave them after a couple of months being on line unless that was the original agreement.

To me the #1 problem with seeking permanent position with NAS is the country. We just can't do Saudi for 20+ years. I would love to go to the UAE and hopefully put my last airline on my CV there, then retire. But Saudi seems on the very conservative end of things, and that just does not work for me and my wife. In addition NAS does not look as stable as a national carrier like EY. I could be wrong, I have been before.

Good luck to anyone here with the decisions. This is one big roulette game that I never ever wanted to play.

RWEDAREYET
2nd Oct 2009, 22:03
Huncowboy,

When I said long-term contract, I was thinking a couple of years, not 20. Sorry for the missunderstanding. Short term contracts generally will expect you to be sim current, not sure if you are.

Commuting contracts are what I do, and it has worked for me. I still commute from the States to the MidEast. Leaving tonight after being home for a couple of weeks.

There are a couple of commuting contracts in Asia as well, so you may want to take a look there. I've been looking at a few. I agree that living in the MidEast for the next 20 years would be tough and that's why I choose to do the commuting contracts. Nothing wrong with the MidEast, it just isn't home. I like where I live, don't ever want to leave, so commuting contracts are a must for me.

Good luck with your search.

Cheers

mattd2k
4th Oct 2009, 18:05
Hi,

Any chance someone working at NAS could answer Eddie's questions below as I was going to ask the same things?

PM me also if you'd prefer.

Many thanks,
Matt. :ok:

PS. Eddie, I take it you area a 'Bottom' fan! Top show. :ok:

Primarily I would like to know what an FO on the 320 takes home each month on the 6/3week contract?

How many hours flying will you usually do per month?

Is it worth staying in the company accommodation or is it better to take the accommodation and transportation allowance and sort out your own?

FlyingOrange
5th Oct 2009, 08:47
Okay, to answer your questions;

Expect to take home your basic pay, the rest is done on monthly flying hours. Since the first 50 hours are included in basic you will not often fly over this as they have to pay you extra. Also your 6 weeks will fall over 2 or 3 months, so they can jst fly you 50 hours and still get 100 or more hours out of you in 6 weeks.

Hours per month, read above.

If your on a contract, you stay in company accom. Regardless of what your contract says you will share with others, contractors have complained but Storm do nothing to back them up, and bow to NAS every time.

If your NAS direct you can claim allowance. If you want to live 'local' you can save money otherwise you will have to share to get a decent compound and will use your allowance.

The piece of string is very long.
Last I heard we had 2 Capts that have done 10 months out of their 12 month contract and yet to fly aircraft. Your 6 weeks on STARTS at end of Line Training (IOE). So far they have managed to get away for a few weeks here and there but had to pay for own tickets. Some guys go thro quickly, quick means 4 months or so, others get held up in Visa, Igama, License issues.
Capts quite often get held up as they have to be checked 3 times (oral, sim and line) by GACA (Saudi Aviation Auth) and that can take months as well.

Nothing here happens fast,

Giggey
7th Oct 2009, 11:53
Hi all.
what about the writen gaca test? is it a pain in the axx or just some sort of routine check?

thanks in advance.

mattd2k
7th Oct 2009, 16:16
Flying Orange,

Thanks for your response. Certainly shed a lot more light on the situation for me at least.

harlock
8th Oct 2009, 16:01
I heard NAS is having a recruitment campaing starting on Monday.

Anyone got invited? How´s it supposed to be? (Interview-sim etc..)

This has been a direct call to those who applied through their website(when this was an option) , I applied through an agency but I´m still holding. Anyone applying through an agency got a call?

Thanks

ME Sneak
8th Oct 2009, 17:35
nas very short of pilot, so coo (east block) now decide that pilot no go home till they say so. US pilot had to stay xtra 5 days, and overtime pay is now half.

he say he can do this for op reqirement, if you say no YOU FIRED

brit fo fired for goin off rotatn and visa expir. nas had 3 week to sort out but did not. offer him new contrct on less money and more time.

with lots pilt leav in next month will get worse. last month nas cancel flt due lack pilts. maybe coo should be called HITLER not Mr Eddie

BOEING LOVER
8th Oct 2009, 19:57
LOVELY!!!!!:oh:

Krypton
10th Oct 2009, 18:32
ME sneak, your post sounds like a SITA telex, sorry couldn't resist

cirrus81
11th Oct 2009, 07:13
Would they hire someone with heavy turbo prop time say 1500? and no type rating on A320?

Immigrant
11th Oct 2009, 18:24
someone with heavy turbo prop time

You min An-22..?????? :}

Photos: Antonov An-22 Antei Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Antonov-Design-Bureau/Antonov-An-22-Antei/1343774/L/)

ME Sneak
14th Oct 2009, 11:14
new nas contrct

mangement think pilots are plenty. :yuk:

new contrct is $8000 for cpt and $6000 for fo on 6/3.:eek:

work pilot on 35/31 lots as they are on salry, all else work little as poss as they get pay on hours.

For them think about join-
-you are on stby 24/7
-only get 24hr of every 7day(not a day) and if you not call out then is WAS then, not abel to make plan
-flt time limit ignord
-tech of airplane bad, maintince not good
-expcet to hav to fite for time of and all that promised
-coo thik he can change contrct when he like. so do hr

enjoy:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Bukkake
14th Oct 2009, 14:26
Despite all of the problems that "ME Sneak" so eloquently listed , the job pays pretty damn well and the time off is great. Sure scheduling has their heads up their asses and Antonio is too busy crying in the halls of OCC to actually do his job, but the money is nice. The company will not even stock spare tires and has to order them sometimes taking weeks to get them, but the money is nice and did I mention the time off? Sometimes it's all about the money and if you need a job and don't mind playing Russian Roulette with your personal health and safety then I say go for it.

pilotara
14th Oct 2009, 16:20
I just heard from a friend who attended the event. He is A320 rated along with other aircraft types and he 's been in aviation for over 15 years.
Very unorganised and unprofessional panel of 5. very rude and everything that Fred Kezi (the recruiter) has promised or said was all a big lie. only 3 were hired from the 35 that attended.
I was looking at NAS myself but hearing all these and talking to guys already there, i am changing my mind. i wish luck to everyone, and hope for the best to everybody.

RemoveB4Flght
14th Oct 2009, 16:44
Hey what's up... a buddy of mine who is not on this forum was in communication with NAS and the Fred Kezzi recruiter guy. He used my account to read through this thread a couple days ago, and wanted to know if you (or your friend that attended) could provide any more details... even bad ones... about their assessment process?

Much obliged for any info, good, bad, or ugly...

Fly Ginger
14th Oct 2009, 17:35
I thought everyone stopped listening to Fraud kezzi a long time ago..........:}

On a more serious note, the word on the street is Obi 1 is set to make a dramatic return - am i the only one who thinks he looks like one of the baddies in scooby-doo..............

"i would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you peskie kids........":E

I'm Ginger, Fly me:cool:............and start updating your C.V.'s

BOEING LOVER
14th Oct 2009, 18:50
Very true indeed..... the whole thing was a bunch of lies! at least they should have respected all those people who paid so much money to travel to amman.

after the first day .... the 12 minute interview most of the people didnt even get contacted about the result.. you have to assume its a NO if they wont call u.............. it was embarrasing!

my friend PILOTARA thanks for posting here..... people should know the truth about the **** happening down there!:D

good day everybody and good luck with your future...

harlock
14th Oct 2009, 20:31
I confirm everything that's been said here from a close friend who attended... very experienced and also took seriously the offer "investing" a considerable amount of money to attend the interview.... I would think it twice if I was called to one of those "recruitment campaigns".... :suspect:

These guys are gonna be crazy looking for captains next year when their A319s start coming in and economy has recovered(or has shown signs of it). It won't be as easy to find candidates as it is now....

I am very sorry for our fellow colleagues that took this very seriously and found nothing but :yuk:

It is very good that the word spreads out..

FlyingOrange
15th Oct 2009, 06:16
I'm sad to hear that the recruitment in Amman did not go too well, and sorry that you considered the team rude.
Can those who ACTUALLY attend please furnish me with some more details; What they actually did for interview? Why they considered it rude? What are your qualifications (15 years in aviation and a A320 rating can mean that fly a C150 at weekends and just been to GECAT for 3 weeks for rating, or 13 1/2 years as cabin crew). What was your background, been sacked from from last companies? Who was on the 5 man team? Why was what Fred K promised a lie?

I ask these questions as I know, in the past, we have had a few of the above mentioned cases get through the system and that is now probably the cause of so many interview failures.

Sad as we need pilots now!

FO,

Ginger.... your winding me up, its not April Fools day just yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is the still going?

Fly Ginger
16th Oct 2009, 06:59
Bubbling away nicely....................:ok:

no, i'm not kidding - from our check airman (the number one check airman....................oh, thats right, we only have ONE), coming back into a training position. The 330 rumour isn't going away either, though as we are struggling with the jungle jet and the toulouse tree trimmer, adding a third type would be utterly.................................BRILLIANT:}

What we really need is Dr. Evil out of austin powers as our new DFO, he could come up with some reeeeeeeeeaaly evil plans....................the company would still be a mess but a least we would be having a laugh about it!!

Did somebody say we were getting 319's....................Orange will feel right at home:E

jimmyjoe22
17th Oct 2009, 08:47
well they just pay the hotel on Jordan 2 days an after 10 mins interview half aspirants were dismissed and on the sim more than a half were failed after another 15 mins sim check ...well next time better to think to go to this interview company because its a lot of money on the ticket and your chances are so low if you dont have more than 1500 TT and 500 jet,and they are planning to make 5 more screening following the same standars thats why if its near your home go but if there is faraway better to think on it.

FI 21
18th Oct 2009, 11:47
Hi Jimmyjoe22, did you have any interview in NAS AIR this month or some months ago?

I am writing for them to call me, i sent my application 1 and a half month ago and still waitting...

Thank you any info is well apreciatted!

regards!

skypilot320
19th Oct 2009, 05:51
Hi there all what your Friend told you is True 100%,I was there one of the pilots who were fuxxx by this guy Fahad S. Al Kezzi he call himself (Fred):mad:,I did spend more than 700euros on a flight ticket plus food there too,and I have no job now,also I have a family and kids,that was not all they were planing to put us out of our rooms in the street after the interview,so we will sleep in the street:*too!!,that (Fred) guy is the biggest liar,one of the pilots with us was so angry with him he was going to beat him up:ouch:,that is what today Airlines do to the pilots,unorganised and unprofessional,very rude,we were thinking to send all a letter to Mr.Suliman ِAbdullah Al-Hamdanthe CEO of this NAS Airline to tell him about what happend with us in Amman,and we ask them to pay back our flight tickets to Amman:mad:

pilotara (http://www.pprune.org/members/136649-pilotara): Say

I just heard from a friend who attended the event. He is A320 rated along with other aircraft types and he 's been in aviation for over 15 years.
Very unorganised and unprofessional panel of 5. very rude and everything that Fred Kezi (the recruiter) has promised or said was all a big lie. only 3 were hired from the 35 that attended.
I was looking at NAS myself but hearing all these and talking to guys already there, i am changing my mind. i wish luck to everyone, and hope for the best to everybody.

Bukkake
20th Oct 2009, 19:23
Sorry to hear about the bad interview experiences. NAS is and likely will always be very disorganized in everything they do including hiring. When I was hired, they didn't even interview me, they just told me to show up for day one of "indoc" if you can even call it that. It is interesting to see that they are going through all of this time and expense to interview now, especially since we need pilots ASAP. But for all of the B.S. getting hired, going through the "training" and flying the line here, it actually is a very good place to work if you want to make a lot of money. Good luck to everyone.

FlyingOrange
20th Oct 2009, 21:17
It used to be the place to make money!!! The new contracts are about $2000 dollars down on the old ones.

Now if they want to change your contract they just cancel your visa, sack you for their mistake then offer you a new contract on worse terms, ask a Lemon.!

ItsAjob
21st Oct 2009, 03:51
Its the greedy agencies that are short changing us

birddog73
22nd Oct 2009, 10:26
Think twice before coming to NAS. Training takes at least 6 months on average. Which you may or may not get to got to go home. Don't plan on flying more then the 50 hours a month when you do fly. So no matter what Fred tells you you will only make minimum pay. For the first year expect to be home for visa or other problems at least 3 months out of 12. (when I think about it that is a positive.)

The place is very disoragnised and will not be getting better anytime soon. Don't treat it as a long term job with the way they waste money. Upper management has big plans with expansion, but flt ops cannot support it and will not for a long time to come.

Living conditions are okay expecially if it is 6/3 contract. Money is not any better to come full time . Morale is low and everypilot is looking for new job.

For those who went to the interviews in Amman. The way you were treated at the event is the same as working at NAS.

Unless you need a job and cannot find one anywere else stay away from NAS.

System Logic
23rd Oct 2009, 04:59
For the most part, what has been said on here is truth. things aren't a well oiled machine like we would want them to be. however, right now, it is not a bad gig in this economic climate. i dont know too many guys here that are looking for this place to be the career airline.

the time line for training is accurate, for the EMB, not the 320. it is a fairly smooth operation on the 320 side. on the EMB side, there are not enough TRE/TRI to do the intial IOE stuff. also GACA is hard to nail down for the captain rides.

as for F.K., he is a joke. don't believe a word he says. he thinks that he swings a big axe around here, but he is a recruiter. once you are in, thankfully, you have nothing to do with the guy. there are 3 contracts out there right now, 35-31 (all but done), storm agency (no new contracts to be issued) and the direct (the company is now pushing one and all towards these). the basic money is less on the direct contract, but if you fly a bunch, and with the additionals, you can possibly make a bit more money than before the new contract. possibly !!!

not sure about upgrades. some of the expat guys are due the upgrade, but are in the office trying to justify why they should get it, even though they meet the company published upgrade criteria ?? will have to wait and see on that front.

not much of a social life, especially once checked to line. if you are lucky enough to get a day or two off, you are recharging the batteries. some are off to other compounds to enjoy themselves, others to the gym, some you never see. no booze in the country, although some do attempt it :) :oh:

this place is what you make of it. if you come here expecting PBS, a hard and fast contract, a union, etc, you will be shagged after the first month. it does not happen like that here. on the 6 and 3 contract, you should know that you are going to play by their rules (and they change them sometimes) and probably fly a fair bit for 6 weeks. then, you are going to go home, and not give a rats' kyber about the place for 20 or so days. then you do it again. you do it, till you have had enough for good !

all done, ask away

Fly Ginger
23rd Oct 2009, 11:34
Well i never thought i would hear the words smooth operation, 320 and NAS in the same sentence....................:}

Fly me, i'm Ginger:cool:

hawkprince
23rd Oct 2009, 15:36
ok guys, lets start with one question.
i'm hearing alot of different opinions here. some people say you will work 50 hrs a month and others say you don't get any offdays in riyadh because you fly all the time. is it physically possible that both are correct?

one thing about saudi arabia, for those who never came here. this place is really what you make it. lets be honest for a moment. if you come to saudi arabia with the impression that you'll be attending parties with loads of booze, nice women and all the compliments. working only 20hrs a month and earning a fortune. forget it!!! you'll be just waisting your time.

if you come here with an open mind and accept that their way of doing things is different, you'll soon realise that saudi is not that bad. beleive me, their are alot of worse places you can go to around the globe. there's a lot of good restaurants, malls etc etc to go to. plus you're basicly only a flight away from some interesting places like beirut, cairo, bahrain and the rest where you can go and party your ars......... off if need be. (i'm rapidly becoming an expert on this one)

from what i am seeing about nas as an airline. it is still disorganised as ever. however (for good or worse) they are really trying hard to actually improve the things around here, although in the kingdom things move rather slowly. compound accomodation for one, was already a big step forward in my opinion.

unfortunately there were episodes here, were people tried to pass for captains/training captains/sim instructers etc etc, with thousands of hours experience and the lot, and personally i don't blame them if the company is cautious nowadays about the hiring program. actually i'm glad i won't have to fly with some unprofessional conmen who pretends to know everything and haven't got a clue of what is actually going on, thus basicly playing with my life and a hundred others on the back.

regarding the latest interviews i'm sorry but i have no idea what happened apart from the posts in here. i'm sorry for you guys who feel you've been treated badly.

thats my 2 pence of knowledge!!!

FlyingOrange
23rd Oct 2009, 16:12
Yep, thats 2 pence worth!!!

Those fab restaurants... McD, KFC, Al Baik

But at least you can get some new high heels in all those lovely malls for your return to Malta!!

As for the flying hours, if your on a 35/31 or Salaryed 6/3 expect to fly every day. If on a contract where you get paid for flying hours expect a drastic slowdown at 50 hours.

HawkPrince .... asume callsign ... SparrowMong

System Logic
24th Oct 2009, 12:06
ginger,
sorry, guess i should have made my point clearer. :confused:. there is no way, no matter how you look at it, that NAS is a smooth operation. infact, it is quite the opposite. :ugh: i was comparing the EMB training environment, which is a joke, to the airbus'. a little less confusion on that side, i feel, from where i sit. as for the flight operations themselves, both of those are in disarray !

orange,
are you forgetting Herfy. me thinks so !!! ;)

a380vip
24th Oct 2009, 13:41
hi folks,

I got a call from nas for a direct entry capt position no details of compensation package yet.would anyone know how much to expect per month,I was previously in ksa in 2002 10k permonth plus housing 30/30 rota

rgds

FlyingOrange
24th Oct 2009, 14:58
a380vip

Will be a 6/3 contract
$8000 pcm
First 50 hrs pcm in basic.
50-75 hours 250 SAR per hour
75+ 400 SAR per hour

Night stop in KSA 200 SAR, outside KSA 400 SAR.

Training (up to a week x 2 a year) in your own time.
Travel in your own time.

6 weeks rotation starts AT END OF LINE TRAINING, that can take upto 6 months.

a380vip
24th Oct 2009, 15:08
8000pcm ,is that direct or through an agency ,heard they paymore direct

FlyingOrange
24th Oct 2009, 15:55
Direct, think you'll find Contract are a thing of the past

To be precise it 30,000 SAR at 16.52 GMT on 24 Oct that was worth $7999.3601, 5332.3734 Euro or £4905.2076.

But these are mid-market price and you will loose when you transfer it into your local curreny, if not USD which it is linked too.

a380vip
24th Oct 2009, 16:06
thanks for the info flying orange,

Would you know of any other operaters or vip operations that are recruiting ,pay etc

RGDS

a380vip
26th Oct 2009, 09:46
hello,

I would be grateful for any info on the interview and sim check process for nasair got an assessment coming up soon

thanks in advance

skypilot320
30th Oct 2009, 18:13
Hi there I was there one of the pilots who were fuxxx by this HR guy Fahad S. Al Kezzi he call himself (Fred)http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif,I did spend more than 700euros on a flight ticket plus food there too,and the interview was nothing at all they didn't even ask me!!,http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gifthat (Fred) guy is the biggest liar,one of the pilots with us was so angry with him he was going to beat him uphttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/shiner.gif,that is what today Airlines do to the pilots,unorganised and unprofessional,very rude,we were thinking to send all a letter to Mr.Suliman ِAbdullah Al-Hamdanthe CEO of this NAS Airline to tell him about what happend with us in Amman,and we ask them to pay back our flight tickets to Ammanhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

ME Sneak
31st Oct 2009, 04:48
Dear colleagues here are some thoughts of mine:

1.I worked 13 days and didn't have a day off. Not legal you say. Well I show you how: Tuesday morning 05:40 you check out from a Sanaa trip, Wednesday morning 05:40 you check in for another 3 leg duty.24 hours is all you need. Just be flexible with your sleeping rhythm and enjoy your OFF DAY.

2.DFO 09-034 states: You have to be available for duty until 23:59. Please tell me what kind of duty we have that lasts for a minute, because at 00:01 starts my off duty. You just come back from your off rotation. A comfortable 14 Hours in Economy class. You are well rested and relaxed. You have to be because at 0001 you get a call for a 02:00 pickup. Only 4 legs and 12 hours duty. Enjoy your flight and remember :SAFETY FIRST !

3.As all of you I was asked to do some overtime, the company needs me; good feeling. I am always ready to help. But my family needs me and not the money so I agreed to do unpaid overtime if I get the time compensated. I was told this was not possible, so I said NO to the overtime. My November roster shows me 4 days overtime. Don't ask if you anyhow do what you want

4.COO told as it is only a short-term shortage : we all work maximum hours with minimum layover and there is a new aircraft and new routes to fly. Well the hiring is in full swing, the only problem is that it takes 6 to 8 month until the guys are checked out and online. By the way shorterm shortage: for 8 month I tried to get compensated for 8 weeks overtime. Every month I am told that they are unable to give me my time because of shortage. So how long is short-term in NAS?

Finally:Im come into my 6.th year with NAS and besides problems I always felt I worked in a generous company.
Something has changed and not for the good.

Well the good thing is I can always talk with my DFO to express my worries,ah yes, we don't have one at the moment ,but it is only short-term.
Please stay safe and motivated and

GOD BLESS US ALL

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ALL HE SAY TRUE

FLT TIME LIMIT DO NOT EXIST. CHAGE ROSTER TO SUIT

PILOT TAKE LONG TIME TO COME TO LINE

MANY JUST LEVE

ALL EX-PAT LOKING FOR WORK MANY GOIN TO SAUDIA

BE WARNED

nopoal
2nd Nov 2009, 09:33
Hi all!!

I may be invited for an assesment with Nas Air. I am supposed to do a theoretical exam and an interview.

What can I expect? Do you have any clues of books or exams used to evaluate the candidates?

Thx

Nice landings.

:cool:

GSMini
3rd Nov 2009, 18:16
Any info would be much appreciated, as I may be invited too

Regards!

Skyflyer4
4th Nov 2009, 15:38
hi

I am going for the NAS Selection in a few days trough
Sigmar Aviation. Can you please give me a hint, how to pass the Selection?
My email: [email protected]

Thanks and best regards

Fred

skypilot320
4th Nov 2009, 20:15
Hi there I was there one of the pilots who were Fucd by this Nas Air HR guy Fahad S. Al Kezzi he call himself (Fred)http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif,I did spend more than 700euros on a flight ticket plus food there too,and the Oct interview was nothing at all they didn't even ask me!!,http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gifthat (Fred) guy is the biggest liar,one of the pilots with us was so angry with him he was going to beat him uphttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/shiner.gif,that is what today Airlines do to the pilots,unorganised and unprofessional,very rude,we were thinking to send all a letter to Mr.Suliman ِAbdullah Al-Hamdanthe CEO of this NAS Airline to tell him about what happend with us in Amman,and we ask them to pay back our flight tickets to Ammanhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif,I'm not joking at all,this is not a good company to work for at all

Flyboyzee
4th Nov 2009, 22:55
Hi Guys,
I was due to attend Nas air interview in Madrid on the 9th Nov.
When i was advised that Nas has decided not to continue the selection process.
Has this happened to other people interested in Nas Air.
Does anyone have any feedback regarding the withdrawal of the A320 positions.

unimuts
4th Nov 2009, 23:10
Flyboyzee

When did you find out and when did you get the initial interview date ?

I have no idea what is going on, but Im interested in the answer and if anyone can enlighten us on the questions asked at interview and anything else.

Uni

unimuts
6th Nov 2009, 06:32
Is there anyone with an update or heard anything ?

Uni

skypilot320
7th Nov 2009, 07:41
NAS Air is not a serious company at all,that all I can say and the rest is up to you allhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gif

unimuts
7th Nov 2009, 21:56
skypilot320

We understand your concerns and dislike of NAS, but is there any accurate information you add regarding interview format questions sim ride etc.

Question is open to everyone else :ok:

uni

MrMutra
11th Nov 2009, 09:25
Does anyone have any feed back from the recent interviews held this week? Like interview questions and sim ride ?

I contacted Sigmar aviation and was told the selection is now closed as NAS and Sigmar had everyone they wanted for the interviews this week in Madrid, all candidates exceeded the minimum requirements. They will be able to get all pilots required from this weeks interviews.

mrm:)

unimuts
18th Nov 2009, 18:15
After 7 days anyone ? Any news at all ??

:confused:

mrmach
19th Nov 2009, 10:47
Any info? :hmm:
Thanks.

FI 21
21st Nov 2009, 15:44
Hello!

Anybody has any information about how is the life in NAS AIR and KSA?? are u flying a lot?? how many hours /month?? what about the roster 7 days consecutive OFF, is it true??? is it easy to go home? (Europe)

thanking in advance!

FlyingOrange
21st Nov 2009, 16:18
Hi,

If you join on new contract expect to fly about 50 hrs a month, after that you have to get productivity pay, so you don't fly.

You get your 7 days off per month, if you request 2 months in advance you may even get those you want. If you take ANY LEAVE you lose the 7 days OFF, so taking 7 day block of leave basicaly means you zero your leave.

New email said you have to be able to work till midnight on day of departure and be ready for work at 0001 on first day, so check your flight availability to your destination.

skypilot320
22nd Nov 2009, 08:45
I'M NOT WORKING FOR THEM AND I WILL NEVER WORK FOR THEM AT ALL:bored:

Bukkake
22nd Nov 2009, 09:59
Something is definitely changing for the worse here at NAS. They really seem to want to lose a lot of pilots with the recent policies concerning rotations, training on OFF rotations, forcing pilots with a few years seniority on new contracts and giving them first year pay, etc. etc... Morale is definitely going down the drain here as the days go by.

As new contract jobs start to trickle in, more and and more pilots will leave, including Saudi's. If Kostov (COO/DFO) and the gang want to keep tightening the screws, they too will find themselves out of a job soon.

My advice for anyone looking to come here to NAS, be careful and shop around first. There are better jobs starting to come available.

unimuts
22nd Nov 2009, 14:04
Can anyone explain what the involvement is with the recruitment agencies?

I see them advertising for pilots, are they just doing a short list or supplying crews on contracts ?

What happened in Amman? :confused:

Uni

unimuts
27th Nov 2009, 08:48
Any latest info on whats happening with recruitment ? I called agencies and they are non the wiser.

Uni :confused:

fishbath21
11th Dec 2009, 10:35
Hello Guys,

Can you please tell me what are the min requirements to join NAS......? Thanks in advance

FI 21
13th Dec 2009, 22:24
Hello fishbath21,

For FOs they are requesting 1500 TT and 500 in A320.

FI 21
4th Jan 2010, 14:17
Hi guys, Happy new year!!!

I would like to speak with NAS pilot, anybody here???, is it true that if i sign 7 consecutive days off per month i will have it?

FlyingOrange
4th Jan 2010, 19:08
Yes you will get your 7 days off a month.. when you've finished training.

Remember that you will be used till 2359 on final day and must be avail from 0001 on you first day back.

If you take ANY leave you lose your 7 days off.

When on duty you will be on standby 24/7 if not flying. Bring a big suitcase as you'll be living out of it.

FI 21
4th Jan 2010, 20:37
That´s great!! thank you for your reply flyingorange.

How much time do you need to complete your training more or less? i mean, licence conversion, line training etc?
Are you paid since the first day u re there in Riyahd in the training?

thanks! ;-)

FlyingOrange
5th Jan 2010, 05:15
FI 21
Can you contact me on PM

I'll answer any questions you have there

FI 21
26th Jan 2010, 10:40
Hello speedbird1969,

Since when do you have this NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM?...is still Fred Kezzi there? Are you still recruitment pilots?

FlyingOrange
26th Jan 2010, 15:01
There is no New Management Team, he is saying we need a new management team.

I hear we are recruiting again only for A320 Capts, if any of you get the Intro to NAS (was forwarded to me by a friend) being pushed out by Pilot Recruitment Manager don't believe a word of it. It made it laugh so much I almost pee'd myself.

They need Capts now, but still treat all like s*@t, ignore contracts and if you are an ex-pat you will be treated as second class citizen.

If you are a local, you can go sick whenever you want and nothing will happen. Turn up for work at Take Off -5mins, and nothing will happen. Refuse duties if you don't want to do them... and nothing will happen. BUT, if your are an ex-pat...!!!

If any of you are seriously considering this please PM me you questions for a no holds bar answer.

FO

FI 21
26th Jan 2010, 15:49
Thank you Flying Orange, i have sent u another Private.

System Logic
26th Jan 2010, 19:07
I am afraid what is being sprouted on here is the truth. it has turned quite a bit sour as of late. storm contracts are now being broken by nas, the extensions that were agreed upon are now being met with a 'take it or leave it' offer for a direct contract. recurrent training events are now scheduled during off rotations (your off rotation is adjusted to meet sim times offered by the providers), another broken contractual agreement. As a result some pilots are doing a 10 week on, 3 weeks off rotation. the recruitment clown (what can he think when he reads this thread?) is still in charge, although it is my understanding that he now has an offsider. think that he is an expat, so we can expect him to be ignored and the sh!t show will continue. not too sure what is being said in the interviews, but boys are still turning up. they are looking for capts on the 320 only. hope it helps.

FlyingOrange
26th Jan 2010, 19:24
Training and travel to from training been done in own time.

But the idiot who plans it can't send you up ne day, then arrange your sim on the day you travel..... its all, travel day, sim day, sim day, class day etc ... he can't think to multi-task you.

Also they are putting most of us in the sim early than scheduled, so you end up doing 3 sim sessions in a year IN YOUR OWN TIME.

If you complain you are branded as a trouble maker and no-one will change it.

Remember a Saudi contract is written on toilet paper, single ply!!!

donaldduck91
26th Jan 2010, 21:16
Strike !!! What Else !!!

donaldduck91
26th Jan 2010, 21:18
Vaseline Is Furnished Or Not ?

Bukkake
27th Jan 2010, 14:09
The contracts here mean absolutely nothing. They can be changed to just about anything management desires. It is truly amazing how phucked up this place has become in the last few months.

Fred (gay), the recruiter, is probably the most useless person I have ever met. Well, maybe Kostov (DFO) is just as bad. But anyways don't trust a word he says and certainly don't pay your own money to attend an interview.

We have FO's here (Saudi of course) who have needed 25+ sim sessions to barely scrape by and pass their checkrides. They will not fire them, so you can expect to fly with many of these highly skilled aviators if you come here.

Recommendation: Look elsewhere for employment and if this is all you end up with, then maybe come here for a little while and collect a few pay checks. But this is by no means a long term job.

Good luck to all those seeking a job here, you've all been warned.....MEOW

FlyingOrange
27th Jan 2010, 14:44
How about the fact that the latest batch of Saudi FO's all ex RSAF all, bar one, failed the AIRBUS conversion course.

The guy who passed has flown 45 hours line training and still they have a safety pilot on jump seat.!!!

But he is Saudi, and they are the best pilots in the world!! It says so in the Arab News

unimuts
28th Jan 2010, 13:00
So whats happening with all the new intakes ? I hear lots of new hires are awaiting visas, so cant be that bad if so many are joining. So whos who in NAS Air thats causing the problems ?

When are they going to recruit FO's ?

Uni

Bukkake
28th Jan 2010, 17:16
Awaiting visas means the haven't arrived in country yet. So they have no idea what NAS is really like just yet.

Lot's of people with important sounding titles drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes, and writing memos such as copier machine training schedules.

Let me give you an example of a typical office visit for an expat pilot:

Situation: You need a leave request document (CTA).

First go visit Crew Scheduling (wait for door to open and sneak in). After receiving a list of your OFF days, you leave and head to Flight Ops to visit Arshad or the other kid with braces. These are the only 2 people in the building who do any actual work by the way. One of them will fill out your leave request form on the computer which can take upwards of 20 minutes. He will then leave the room to get your request form from the printer, which by the way is in another part of the building even though there are fifteen other printers in the room.

Next, you are off to your Fleet Manager if you can find him, and if not come back another day. If you are so lucky to locate your Fleet Manager, he will then inform you that something needs to be accomplished before he will sign (Medical renewal, GACA license renewal, visa renewal, etc..). This could potentially mean missing days from your OFF rotation, and you are SOL.

If you make it past this phase, you must go visit the training department. No problem you say, this will only take a second. Well it might if only you could find the Manager of Training or you are not even sure IF there is a Manager of Training any longer. The have fired so many in the past year. If you are incredibly lucky (might also want to get some lotto tickets), you get the required signature.

Well this takes us to 3 out of the 5 required signatures needed. We're on the home stretch now! Next up, head to GR (government relations) where you will stand at a big counter and wait for the wonderful folks to help you. Better bring a book to read. Hey is that Fred Al- Scuzzy that just walked by? Why is his desk in GR? Anyways, you finally get the signature and off you go to the last signature on the list, Director of Operations.

As you walk into the DFO's office you notice he's not around. Where is the DFO you ask anyone that might be around. He's in a meeting they reply. No problem, just wait for the meeting to end and go back. You go back a little while later and and he's still not there. You ask the same person who told you he's in a meeting earlier and with a completely straight face they tell you "He's been in Jeddah for the past few days." Arrrgghhhhhh!!!!!

BKrug67
28th Jan 2010, 20:42
Hi , My name is Brett Krueger. . I saw your post, I think from a couple years ago?
Are you still there? Or where? I am brand new to this site, also. So, Not totally sure what I am doing. Will this show up in the public fourm Or just to you?
Do you know of anyone hiring??
Would love to hear from you...

Thanks!!

Brett

FlyingOrange
29th Jan 2010, 09:19
Bukkake,

You missed the intials from, idiot training planner before, training manager signs.

Also the fact that you can't plan your leave as he can't plan more than 4 weeks in advance, sometimes you find out your traing dates, in your time, only 2 weeks ahead!!

Or like some, he signs forms then rosters you and when on your off time you get an email from him telling you that you need to return early for training.

cantbeafoolinlove
29th Jan 2010, 15:33
speedbird,
just sent you a PM, lookng forward for the reply,
thanks in advance,
CBAFIL

Fly Ginger
29th Jan 2010, 15:46
It's wonderful to see that this rubbish is still going..................the thread i mean, not the company:}

I however now have seen the light, and now i am truly a company man. No more complaing, bitching or dread in the pit of my stomache when i look on my roster and find that i am flying with al somebody. You know, it's funny how i now look on the company in a new light - especially when i just recently found out from my esteemed colleague in the safety department that the man from the KGB reads pprune...............Marvelous:O

Now then Mr K, about the command upgrade course.....................:ok:

Please remember to Fly Ginger.

unimuts
30th Jan 2010, 15:38
By the sounds of it I dont think NAS Air will ever change, so I guess all you guys can do is just wait until another job comes along. Or, just vote with your feet and leave on mass, but the chances of that happening I guess are Zero.

So how many crews are they short off ?

Uni

FlyingOrange
31st Jan 2010, 09:14
Only 6 days late for salary so far .......

Alvand
3rd Feb 2010, 04:09
Hello Everyone,

Greetings from a long time reader, first time poster...http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/ltr/emoticons/smile_teeth.gif

First off, I am and have been employed by my Global carrier for last 18 years and have no plans for leaving....so, NO sour grapes here...just the facts and intelligence report..!!

I couldn't help but to pass along some info and chine in the subject of NAS since I just heard about them from a middle astern friend who came a cross of this sorry of an excuse for an airline and the SCUM BAGS who run the outfit.

First, NAS needs and relies heavily on the subsidized jet fuel that has been available to SAA and was extended to NAS through connections.
If and when this courtesy taken away due to whatever reason, NAS will not be able to continue as planned.
Insiders and Those who are familiar with the daily operations convey a chaotic picture of operations, totally mismanaged by a hodge podge of management who have no business of running a candy shop let alone an Airline with tons of employees and extended dependent families...
This can not continue as is and don't plan on it to do so unless there is a drastic change to the composition of the management from top to down, which as you guessed, is not on plans...(End of Part I)

askyboy
3rd Feb 2010, 11:02
This is very true. There are a massive problem managing this company. in short words i can describe this company are in short of proffissional and experince managers. all the managment are lacking of basic managment expereince and are holding in there positions and afraid to be cicked out and struggle to find another job.
look back in the hestory of this company all the good people left and the bad are still there enjoying the status quo.

FlyingOrange
3rd Feb 2010, 15:07
Avland,

The cheap fuel is only on Domestic routes, as our previous CEO said he could fill every aircraft on a Domestic flight and still not make money due to the fact that the Saudi Gov't cap the internal fares.

Hence we only really make money in International flights where no fare is capped.

As for the management, SPOT ON.

A banker and HR man who know nothing about airlines and a management team that do nothing except take the salary and rearrange the offices.

Company would be even worse except for Direc Safety who holds it togther, I take my hat off to him.

Bukkake
3rd Feb 2010, 16:12
I agree, Nick is the only one in management that is capable of running an airline.

Alvand
3rd Feb 2010, 20:55
(Part II)

Clowns who run the show in NAS as of now were recently seen in AMM discussing company and operational matters (Within earshot of my friend, a Jordanian, who was to his shock, unknowingly was sitting next to them in the bar lounge)...even arguing each other aloud in public bar which at one point lead to one leaving the others in disgust and one more later leaving the others in the bar ...among the company matters discussed and heard by others in the bar were, how disappointed there were in their recent trip to MAD where they were supposed to meet around 50 qualified "BUS DRIVERS" but less than 10 just showed up and hopefully there were going to have a better turn out the next morning....

One dude was assuring the others of a great attendance expected according to the number of emails he had received from poor SOBs who were willing to pay for their own airfare, hotel accommodations, meals, Cab ride, etc...etc... just to get a shot at employment with this crappy outfit...
Well, the turn out was not anywhere close to what they were expecting...a tribute to their scuzzy reputation of NAS, Dim future, and famous crappy treatment of pilots..... only desperadoes have stamina enough to bear the stench...!!!!..
According to my source, Many pilots who had been invited by emails, to AMM by Fahad and his side kick, were rejected due to lack required experience and not meeting the requiremnet....leaving them empty handed and out of hundreds of euro they spent to get there.!!!!!

Conclusion, .....By all means, Stay away from this piece of crap, my friends....If you can!!!
If not, I understand the harsh realities of the world we live in and need for pay cheque, wish you best of luck and a thick skin....sounds like you will need it..!!!..http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/ltr/emoticons/smile_confused.gif..

unimuts
4th Feb 2010, 08:51
Not wanting to upset anyone, but, is it pilots staying away because of the reputation of NAS Air or more like that the requirements are too high ?

Perhaps NAS is NOT looking at the cross section of skills or experience and hours. Therefore, they will never get anyone employed, unless the they lower the requirements.

Ive heard this story 12 months ago, but NAS like many other companies seem to be hell bent on hours hours hours.

Who is it thats setting the bench mark ? And how many co pilots do they have ? if they have experienced co pilots why not upgrade then take on board lower hour crews?

Whos to blame ?

Uni

HERC
19th Feb 2010, 11:48
Any one who had been through the recent recruitment campaign care to share his views on it?

mary_hinge
21st Feb 2010, 17:50
Hearing a few rumblings about late payments, companies waitng to be paid etc! Any one else in the know on this or is it the standard for the area?

mutt
25th Feb 2010, 16:36
Have NAS parked aircraft in the Jeddah airport storage area? There appears to be 3 or 4 aircraft permanently parked beside the Al-Wafeer aircraft....

Mutt

Gumby
25th Feb 2010, 17:38
Mutt,

If you are talking about Apron 7, that is our new home for overnights. Apron 4 and 5 is being used for daily transits and night stops out to Apron 7. It's a lovely bus ride early in the morning or late at night.

How many more A320 captains is Saudi looking to hire? Got to keep options open. ;)

Gumby

mutt
26th Feb 2010, 04:40
Thanks for the answer......

looking to hire? Originally heard 70, but don't know if that still applies nor how many have arrived.

Mutt

BadAndy
26th Feb 2010, 09:58
5 have arrived and are nearly on line (all in line training now). 6 more are in Toulouse (or just getting back this week). The third class has 1 in Toulouse, coming back in the next 2 weeks. A 4th class of 6 has started to arrive in JED getting ready to jump through all the BS (oooops, I mean hoops) to get ready to go to Toulouse. That is a total of 18 so far.

The numbers I hear from an IP last week are 100+ Captains total (so 80+ to go) and they have tentative approval for 70 F/Os, but haven't even started thinking about recruiting for that yet.

The other hot rumor is that they're talking to a crew leasing company (in Kuwait) about shirt term (1-2 years) staffing for the 320 until they get the MD-90 guys transitioned over. So, who knows how many ex-pats they really want/need...

Eff Oh
26th Feb 2010, 11:16
Do they look at non rated pilots? BadAndy, in your post you say guys are in Toulouse which would imply that they do? I got an email from them about recruitment (I don't even remember applying!) However I ignored it because I wasn't type rated on the airbus.

BadAndy
26th Feb 2010, 15:29
Yes, in fact the majority of guys coming to it are not rated. And, even if you are already rated, you still have to do the full course, which for now is in Toulouse, but should be in-house by April. (I think most guys already rated on it with time on type are looking at other places with slightly better terms. I say slightly better because on paper the other places look a lot better -- more money, etc. But, with the bonuses and add pay that Saudia pays -- that is not listed in the contract notes -- it works out to be just about the same money either place. It is just that all the other places are much better organized and run waaaaaaaaay more efficiently than Saudia, making it easier to start there. It takes a lot of patience to deal with the Saudia process, which most rated/ current guys don't want -- or need-- to deal with). And, since Saudia is running everyone through the entire process, it doesn't matter one way or the other to them if the guy is already rated -- you'll learn it the Saudia way anyways... :8

Gumby
26th Feb 2010, 15:34
I'm so confused!! I thought this was a NASair thread. :bored:

BadAndy
26th Feb 2010, 21:53
I'm so confused!! I thought this was a NASair thread.

Sorry, I think we hijacked your thread. I'll stop now, and you can return to your regularly scheduled programming..... :}

FlyingOrange
11th Mar 2010, 07:07
Thankyou for your valuable insight into NAS.

I see from your previous posts you must be fairly new to NAS, ex C130 (Prob SAAF), have little time on the Airbus and are looking to get a JAA ATPL so you can move to Europe and leave this 'Prestige Company' & country.

Also you give out great advice on Tech forum with such limited knowledge!!!

Your are an amazing man!

Are you the new DFO???????? Maybe you should go straight to CEO.

Alvand
12th Mar 2010, 16:37
A320 driver,

Don't put all your eggs in NAS basket...This POS operations will let you down.!!..:yuk:

If you need more info, read the other thread about NAS.
Meantime, look elsewhere if you can. SERIOUS !!

FlyingOrange
13th Mar 2010, 04:46
Oh ... ouch ...... damn!!!

It's a shame you guys can't see the company emails .... hell is going on.!!!

I smell a serious change of mangers very, Very, VERY soon

Bukkake
14th Mar 2010, 03:23
The emails are getting better and better! It's like a soap opera every time I check my nasaviation.com account. What makes it extra special is that it is the local guys that are fighting this time.:D Think I'll go pop some popcorn....

alanoud02
25th Mar 2010, 13:24
alot are saying bad things regarding NAS and SAUDI
so assssssssssssss hoooooooles if u don't like it be A Man and do some thing about it and leave back to your stupid countryes.........and see if u even get half what u get paid in NAS..................
TRUST ME if u were not left over crew u will not be in NAS:confused:
BUT SOOOOOOOOOOON WE WILL GET U OUT ALL
LIKE MORLY

4HolerPoler
25th Mar 2010, 13:41
I'll leave alanoud02's post as a legacy to his short time as a member on the site. He's left the building.

4HP

wessel_words
25th Mar 2010, 13:51
Well, it's the same old third world rubbish, is it not. Can't see the wood for the trees.

The "NASA space shuttle exam", washes out a lot of people who actually know something about flying an aircraft and they are left with a load of academics, some who can fly an aircraft and some who can't. :ugh:

BBJet
1st Apr 2010, 14:56
Hi guys

Any news regarding the NAS development/interview process?
Heard new Airbuses coming at the rate of one per month.Any idea about how many hours can one expect to fly in a month on the permanent contract?
Any other news at all?
PM if you prefer.
Thanks

grumman_driver
1st Apr 2010, 19:16
Offers being presented to LOT crew on E170/190, interviews/sim rides scheduled on 15/16 April in Prague.

FlyingOrange
1st Apr 2010, 19:29

2 x Emb
0 x Airbus

desertopsguy
2nd Apr 2010, 05:03
There was something in the KSA media recently about their new pilot training program. 70 prospective F/O's being hired with the first 24 already in Jordan for training...All are Saudi so no need to apply if you're not one.

Seems like an awful lot of pilots to hire in one go for a small-ish airline. Is that to backfill for attrition or to prepare for future expansion?

PSO routes (essentially flying Saudi hillbillies from the boonies to the cities for half nothing) have also been stopped I heard.

There are also rumours of wide bodies in the not too distant future...

FlyingOrange
2nd Apr 2010, 08:59
Correct on FO hiring. All Saudi many who have Philapino licences, with 300 hours (read 100 hours for real) and have not flown for many (upto 6) years. Shame as plenty of ex RSAF or ex-pats with qualifications to fill job. We will see how many survive.

PSO routes always being argued over as NAS looking for cheap fuel and they are the bargaining toys,

Wide-body ..... dream on, only way NAS is looking at wide body is WET LEASE.

desertopsguy
2nd Apr 2010, 18:16
I was somewhat skeptical when I heard the rumours about widebodies. As for Filipino licences..I know a guy who went on a 'zero to hero' course and got one in 4months, now he's trying to get a foot in the door with NAS :suspect:

Alvand
6th Apr 2010, 07:08
Please allow me to address this alanoud02, "BOZO"....

My dear winged bufoon, alannoud03,....

I trained many Winged bafoon Cadets like "YOU" for "Royal XYZ A.F." years ago in the "FORCE" !

Even the best of "YOU" did not impress me as much as a IDF pilot, slated for wash out that trained in the same trainer as you back in Texas heat...

You are lucky to have so many great pilots from west looking for employment with your company...so, instead of worrying what they vent here in PPRuNe, try to learn how to fly a passenger plane, before economy has improved and they're all gone back home....:}...LOL....

superhosty
12th Apr 2010, 13:29
NAS Nasair is looking for pilots to be based in Riyadh, on a 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotation. Details:

Embraer 190 and Airbus 319/320
Approx. salaries per month are 10000 US for first officer, 14000 US for captains, 16000 US for instructors/checkers. Salary is tax free, ticket home provided for each rotation(economy). Housing provided in western compound(swimming pool, gym, tennis courts) in central Riyadh near Faisaliah and Kingdom malls, transport to work provided. Apply to:

NAS National Air Services
PO Box 305161
Riyadh 11361
Saudi Arabia
Telephone (966 1)217800
Fax 966 1 4625860

kanin
12th Apr 2010, 18:47
superhosty,
Is NAS doing the hiring or a contract company?

Anybody with current info on the conditions on the EMB and riyadh? QOL: day trips? Length of working days? conditions in riyadh if i bring family?

k

andy767
13th Apr 2010, 02:04
Hi Guys,

Thinking of applying for a Capt position,and have just read this thread.......mmmm....sounds interesting to say the least:\

So before I make a serious mistake I would really appreciate your comments and information,especially from ex-pat guys currently working there.Feel free to PM me,the good,the bad and the very ugly........

Ok here we go..

Does many ex-pats live in Riyadh with their families?I understand the housing is on a compound,any names?... info regarding quality of villas,social life,facilities and security??(was asking this as I would consider NOT commuting but being based there)(my wife wants to go....mad I know)

Understand its not the best place for the wife,any comments on this?Is there any ex-pat guys there with family?(Brits,Europeans or North American?)

Schools?British or American...are the fees expensive? Mostly covered by the company?

The booze question......??:ok:Home brew?(sad I know,but I like a beer)

Whats the deal with the recruitment in Jordan and this 'FRED' guy?(heard so many great things about him)

Has salary been paid to pilots recently?Working conditions?

Am I wasting my time paying for a flight and even considering this????(I am currently out of a job, not yet desperate, but do not want to make a big f@@@ up by moving the family out there and it being a total mess)

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to give me more info.:ok:

FlyingOrange
13th Apr 2010, 14:52
Superhosty;

Don't know where you get your figures but a Capt on 6/3 is on $8000.
0-50 hours are included in the basic
50-75 hours are 250 SAR
75+ is 400 SAR

Most guys average about 60 hours... so far FAR short of your figures

Night stop; inside KSA 200 SAR, outside KSA 400 SAR.

6/3 is not really 6/3 as all training is done in your own time, and travel to your training.

Rotation starts AFTER you finish all your training, upto 4 month then start your 6 weeks on.

Andy 767

Guys have tried to have family here, but does not really work as you are ON your whole 6 weeks. CEO has stated that your only entitled to legal rest, ie 24hours Off in 7 days, and that does not have to be in your home base.

Wifes get bored here, nothing to do. They can't drive or work so just shopping.

Compounds are difficult to come by and waiting lists are long.

Education is at your expense. on 6/3 your family is not covered by insurance.

As for recruitment and Fred, read the link

Booze, home brew.......... we can show you

If your contemplating family then I would think more Saudi.

Samiadam
13th Apr 2010, 15:04
flying orange uhhhhhh what do u call this then.

Pilot Jobs Network (http://www.agencies.pilotjobsnetwork.com/viewad.php?ad_number=23451856)

sam

mutt
13th Apr 2010, 15:44
Samiadam, it sounds as if they are considering per diems and allowances as part of the salary, which obviously they are not :)

Mutt

FlyingOrange
13th Apr 2010, 18:21
Hi, saw that link.....mmm, I call it a little far out from the truth. email them and ask for the breakdown, then see.

If you put housing in at 8250 & transport 750 SAR in you may get near this figure, but then you won't be living in the compound that they state and you'll spend that easily for a decent compound.

Then western compound they quote with pool, tennis court and gym is the company one. It has about 3 trees all tarmac, and the buildings are feet from each other... all the pilots are moving out or looking to move out very soon.

Also I think that they are being, over zealous with the flight pay.... on a good month working a full month you may get somewhere near that, but the following month you only be there for 2 weeks so you can expect to get 50 hours only.... BASIC SALARY. Thye are fully aware of what the costs are and as soon as you hit the 50 hours you'll start to slow, at 75 hours near to standstill.

Next month maybe 3 weeks on duty, 60 hours.

Samiadam
14th Apr 2010, 03:20
Flying Orange, Understood. Thank you for the info. Currently im with Royal Jordanian On 320. so no need to move at the moment.

Thanks

Sam