PDA

View Full Version : KAL: GAP Aviation, IAC Global or CCL

mokilu
11th Sep 2008, 19:03
I am considering to fly for Korean Air and have 3 different options available.

GAP Aviation
IAC Global
Cambridge Communications Limited

As I really have no previous experience on handling with Contractors, I have no idea about which one to choose. All 3 offers are similar.

Can anyone tell me how the work or if any of these contractors should be avoided?

I will apply for F/O on B737NG.

tom744
12th Sep 2008, 17:24
Hi Mokilu,

GAP and CCL have the best reputation among the pilots here;
both are similar and really take care about our needs.
And forget about the rest; in fact, most pilots from other agencies move to GAP or CCL once their first 5 year term is expired.

Regards,

Tom744

mokilu
12th Sep 2008, 21:18
Thanks Tom.

cactusbusdrvr
4th Feb 2009, 14:43
I was wondering if there were any further opinions on this question. I have to choose between GAP and Rishworth for a KAL contract. For what it's worth, Rishworth has been much more agressive in keeping me up to date through the application process. I know that GAP offers a slightly better pay package (signing bonus after you are on line) which Rishworth won't match.

Thanks

maui
5th Feb 2009, 00:13
Go for GAP or CCL.

Been there done that.

Stay at home rather than IAC. Rishworths marginally better.

Don't expect agression in the recruiting process (R'worth) to translate to idyllic conditions post recruitment.

If it is not written it's probably bullsmit aplies to them all.

Maui

cactusbusdrvr
5th Feb 2009, 03:37
Thanks for the info, sounds about right.

B737NG
5th Feb 2009, 07:11
For Cactus I would say: GAP, there are nicknames for Rishworse and I Am Crying. Make sure you do the homework for passing the medical, it is not a just show up and look good that day.... Best wishes into the valley of the sun.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

1000 hrs
13th Feb 2009, 13:47
How about the Euro-Pacific ?
many Thanks

ELAC
14th Feb 2009, 11:26
How about the Euro-Pacific ?
many Thanks

A bunch of skinny lying scumbags.

Stick to CCL or GAP if you don't want to be screwed over.

ELAC

portquartercv67
17th Feb 2009, 00:25
GAP has treated me well.

So far.

PQ

Tocus24
17th Feb 2009, 08:57
Direct Personnel are also recruiting, recommend highly

cactusbusdrvr
17th Feb 2009, 13:38
Thanks for the information, all.

I lost a month in the process because I had submitted through 2 agencies, not knowing that you have to decide all this even before you get the call to interview. I settled on GAP to proceed forward but now I won't even interview until March. Evidently Korean have decided that they will only accept your application being submitted through one agency, in the past evidently if they had more than one agency they would call the agencies and see which one you were going with. Now they don't want to deal with you unless you have already chosen, which makes sense I guess with the number of applications they must be getting. It has become very competitive out there!

tom744
18th Feb 2009, 06:56
Sick,

if there are enough LHR based crew you might want to do the so called "rostering option 3".
Means you fly twice a month home on duty with 7 nights layover, so total 14 night a month.
They charge you 10 days for that, means you still gain 1 annual leave day every month.
Disadvantage is that you can't pick your days anmore, but if you need special days off the help you, and you can sign off and on to that program every month.
For me it works good, is something like a part time job...

cheers,
tom744

BuzzLightyears
4th Mar 2009, 14:53
Howdy Tom

you seam to know a little bit more than just a little about KE! So sorry if i'm bodering you probably with the same old b***t but ...

Are all the post real about expat FOs (only 20)! and is it true that in 5 years contract expat FO will not have the chance to up-grade CPT?

... everything seams so unreal also for a space-toy like me! :)

thanks

Buzz

4PW's
9th Mar 2009, 23:48
Why the same questions?

Avoid ALL agencies but CCL or GAP.

Did you read that word?

It was ALL.

The history of bad experiences from those who've used "the others" has been highlighted many times.

Need anymore help?

B737NG
12th Mar 2009, 01:28
Buzz, KAL hires F/O´s on all Types but there will be no upgrade. That is something they try to hang on until.... the market gives no Captains anymore and then they have to put Ex-Pats into the System. A KAL-F/O waits about 12 Years until he get´s a chance to the left seat, why should they shortcut that for Ex-Pat F/O´s to 5 Years?? There is no seniority list....

Agency: G A P or C C L, the rest is unusable, not much helpfull after you are in the system or even worse....

Fly safe and land happy

NG

clrblu22
3rd Aug 2009, 07:04
How about guys with no A330 Time but have 1500 hours PIC on the A320? Saw that the were advertising for them...are they actually doing it? Anyone doing it? Will the mins go down..whats the hiring looking like? Many questions......

I'm flying in China right now on the A320 but would love to commute from the USA. Are they "hurting" for 330 Captains....

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly. Please PM or post.

bumba
16th Jan 2010, 15:53
... anybody had story to share about Direct Personnel?

Lucky Charms
27th Oct 2015, 11:46
I haven't really heard anything about CCL. These posts are old, does anyone have any current info? Thanks

777AV8R
28th Oct 2015, 02:27
CCL is still the best. Stay away from the rest.

HPSOV L
28th Oct 2015, 03:51
Once once you're in, agencies don't really do that much apart from depositing your salary after clipping the ticket. Don't expect them to wield any influence over KAL or be much of an advocate. CCL at least answer emails promptly although their LOI insurance is comparatively expensive for what it is.

Lucky Charms
28th Oct 2015, 04:56
Thanks 777AV8R and HPSOV L for your replies. So, what gives CCL the advantage over the others? The only other agency I am considering is Longreach, who seem to have a good reputation in China. Having never dealt with agencies before, I find it difficult to decide which one to use. Until this time, I have always dealt directly with the airline. Any other advise will be helpful. Thanks!

Stone_cold
28th Oct 2015, 08:34
LC . You got replies .

It is a business and you are a commodity . They are in the business to protect their contracts with the airlines and that is what they care about . Even the one who answers emails promptly , (Some have better "people skills) but nothing happens for the pilot .

It's about money ..Their money , so if you seek an agency to care about you , it will not happen . They do the legwork , get you in ..collect their commission for your services and they will not jeopardize this .

Not sure what else you want to hear .

Lucky Charms
28th Oct 2015, 11:42
Thanks SC for your advice. It's sad, but true...makes me feel like a bushel of corn.

777AV8R
31st Oct 2015, 04:26
It is a business and you are a commodity

The airline(s) get around hiring direct by using 'agencies'. This way the airline can hire and dismiss without any burdensome administrative issues. Some agencies are better than others. The agencies do get you in the door however; they have no say on your life after you get hired or if you are 'led out the door'.

Some agencies are better than others however; their reason for doing all this is to make money and they make a lot of it. Many of us wanted to be part of a comprehensive medical plan....lets say BUPA...well, the agencies would have had to foot the bill for it...it hit their bottom line thus none of this ever happened. I'm not getting paid or employed by CCL however; just prior to my leaving KAL, I had begun doing the paperwork with them. There were other agencies dealing with KAL and there is at least one of them I'd stay clear of. Totally useless. My money would have been with CCL, at least they met with you personally. I had dealings with them later on other issues and if one needs to have someone to hold your contract, they can be relied on but, its still a money making business.

None of these agencies are there to protect you, they are there to provide the contract and make a wheelbarrow full of cash from the airline by doing so.