PDA

View Full Version : The garbage you can find on YouTube ...

radarlove
11th Sep 2008, 17:57
I am astounded by the amount of aviation footage one can find on YouTube. However, I am not as astounded by YouTube itself.

I have just been 'abused' by someone claiming to be a YouTube employee ...

Does anyone remember the A320 crash back in 198?, The local club aero-club, at Mulhouse-Habsheim, had organised a slow flyby of the brand new Airbus A320 - but it all went horribly wrong and ended up in the trees at the end of the runway - killing 3 passengers. Many of the passengers had won their seats in a local lottery.

The 'so-called' official monitor/employee who posted the grainy French TV footage claims that "the A380 was piloted by computer and there was no crew onboard".

Naturally, I felt the urge to put him right on a few points. His reply was both obnoxious and ill-informed "What passengers? A lottery? What are you talking about? I am a pilot!"

I then posted the link to the Air Accident Investigation and suggested he got an adult to read it to him.

No doubt the little twerp will be back ...

In the meantime, please feel free to visit YouTube - Airbus A320 Plane Crash (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_EM0hDchVlY&feature=email)

and follow the exploits of CF18FirstOfficerJoe ...

dany4kin
11th Sep 2008, 18:56
First of all there is no way that guy is a youtube employee!

Also, the sheer amount of stuff on youtube with incorrect comments will keep you tapping away forever trying to correct people. The comments move off the screen, noone bothers to read the descriptions and it goes on and on and on...

try YouTube - "Sultans of Swing" cover Dire Straits (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lQM6L-6e9Qk) for a bit of pprune style video! Drapes agrees!

That airbus video is on sites with some American 'air accident investigation' type commentary and the whole pilots/no pilots thing goes on for ages simply because the commentary is misleading because the clip is so short.

However saying all that I'm off to verbally abuse that idiot...

tony draper
11th Sep 2008, 20:30
Tiz a exercise in futility reading the youtube comments Mr D,those who can do, those who can't, comment.
Yer great stuff wi Knopflering,curse the man,I am a reasonable workaday guitar player and like any reasonable workaday guitar player I can pickup most things pretty swiftly,you listen you get a tab and away you go,not with Mr K though the buggah,throw away yer trusty pleck and get you fingers to do summat they have never done before.
Still,had many hours of entertaining meself trying to get that sound.
All a man needs when he retires a dog a puter and a Strat.:ok:
:rolleyes:

Parapunter
11th Sep 2008, 20:40
I get by without the dog, the other two are a good move... YouTube - Bright Future in Sales Cover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAapGY4WE0) absolute rubbish:rolleyes:

corsair
11th Sep 2008, 21:01
You get a lot 'Microsoft pilots' making comments on aviation related videos on youtube. Some are hilariously inaccurate. There was one video of a perfectly good crosswind landing right on the touchdown zone. Some virtual pilot described it as high and fast! On another landing there was a chirp from the stall warning in the flare. Another FS Ace thought it was a narrow escape.

Some of the comments are priceless.:ugh:

Culio
11th Sep 2008, 22:02
In psychology, we are studying minorty influences, which involves the creation of cults. We are looking specifically at the cult "Heaven's Gate", 38 people were convinced by one man to all kill themselves at the same time in 1999 (I think :P). The initiaition and farewell videos are on youtube for research and general interest etc. Our teacher showed us this video of the leader making an initiation speech:

YouTube - Heaven's Gate Cult Initiation Tape (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSZhwu1Rwo)

It is REALLY creepy, but very interesting doing psychological research on this case.

Joey Q
11th Sep 2008, 22:26
Yeah..I remember the "heavens gate" thing... they showed images of all these bodies lying in beds... they were all wearing NIKE shoes... I told my brother while watching it "Just do it"... grim humour I know ...

Cap'n Arrr
12th Sep 2008, 03:00
Bahahahah with that A320 video, it looks like one guy has made up about 7 accounts, then talks to himself on them so it sounds like hes telling the truth about it being unmanned. And he's made up a little "symposium" for himself and his alter egos. What a tool:D

Surely someone else has come across comments on youtube along the lines of "I've reported this video cause its unamerican / rips off america" etc:ugh:

visibility3miles
12th Sep 2008, 05:44
dany4kin Nice playing! Thanks for the link! :ok:

dany4kin
12th Sep 2008, 19:12
Thankyou! I should really learn another song though now ha ha!

dazdaz
12th Sep 2008, 22:32
I frequently have a looksie at youtube. One thing I'm astounded about and in a way slightly un-nerved is the number of teen girls dancing in underwear on their web cams.

At the moment I can't give details as to the teen girls 'shaking their bottie' but I shall endeavourer to seek more of the said video clips and report back to this forum to give an insight as to the imoral teasing of femailes on the above site.

Daz

future.boeing.cpt
15th Sep 2008, 08:31
hahaha,
the amount of people on youtube who think they know exactly how everything works is humoring.

I remember watching the video of the parachutist almost colliding with a passing Chipmunk, and there was a guy posting saying he was the cameraman and the chipmunk was the plane they had just jumped out of.
WTFFF:}

Parapunter
15th Sep 2008, 08:34
Here's a classic & it's flying too: YouTube - Joe Parr spiral and tree landing Mexico (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXy106Q_K8)

It opens with the famous last words; "This is Joe, I'm at 9000, I'm gonna head over the back before I get whacked".

At which point, he heads over the back & gets whacked.