PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook assessment

Floyd10
11th Sep 2008, 16:42
Anybody has gone to Thomas Cook assessmet?
What kind of questions do they usually do in the interview?
and what about the simulator session?
thank you very much,

Happy Wanderer
11th Sep 2008, 18:46
Is this the Sigmar Aviation scheme?

HW

Floyd10
12th Sep 2008, 08:13
yes, Sigmar Aviation.
I don't know anything about the assessment.
It's something like RyanAir??
It's dificult to pass it??
thanks.

MrHorgy
14th Sep 2008, 12:59
The Sigmar scheme is even MORE of a ripoff than anything Ryanair will throw at you. When I trained at RYR all I paid for was the TR and my uniform.

At Sigmar, your basically paying for TR and hours on type, similar to Eaglejet. There's a bit of text in there that says you might be picked up by TCX, but whenever that has happened it's only been temporary over a summer season, if at all. Your just cheap labour.

I'd take a serious think about where you are before paying the £30,000+ they want, bearing in mind you can probably get a 320 rating in the States for around £15,000!

Horgy

OBK!
14th Sep 2008, 20:31
If you've got a spare 32K then that's fare enough. TCX has top quality training but that is it, training. They're not obliged to offer you anything at the end.

Floyd10
15th Sep 2008, 14:22
Thanks a lot for all of information,but i'd like to know something about the assesment,... what kind of exams.... because i think that the assesment is in 4 days, with a simulator session 45 min.
I would like to know more, and if somebody has gone before.
bye

Polarhero
15th Sep 2008, 15:30
Well if it is anything like the old MYT tests then it is as follows.

1. Advanced compass test, lots on pprune about that, just read the instructions fully.

2. Written test in maths, basic stuff not to hard. Also English comprehension test, again not to hard.

3. Sim check, standard stuff. Fly a SID, then some basic general handling, all then finished off with a ILS/VOR approach.

All finished off by a Interview.

As for cost as some people are saying, yes its a lot of cash. But you need to ask yourself if you can afford to spend it, and how much you need to do it.
I can say that people do get taken on at the end of the line training. Not everyone but i know a lot who have.

:ok:

Happy Wanderer
18th Sep 2008, 11:07
http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/343470-sigmar-thomas-cook-question.html

£32k for the cost of the bridge and type-rating without a guaranteed job at the end of it is one of a risk in the current job climate.

TC will apparently offer 4 jobs per A320 course - not sure how big each course is in terms of student numbers.

I think you would have to be either very rich, very good or very foolish to even think about doing this scheme!!

HW