PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Gs And Caa Exams

AEROSPACE3
11th Sep 2008, 15:45
Hi everybody,

have a question for those who study or studied at Bristol Ground School (homestudy with 2 weeks brush up course in Bristol GS)...

who and when is supposed to book the CAA exams after the brush up course, is it me or Bristol GS? how soon can I take the exam? when should I pay for the exam, how should I pay and how much for the first 6 subjects?

what documents do I have to produce and whom to before taking the CAA exam?

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne, the best place to take the exam seems to be Glasgow, I've heard the CAA there is not as busy as in London, is it true?

Do people normally take the exam from all the subjects at the same day or can it be split into more days? wich option is better? what time does the exam normally start?

when does the period of ATPL frozen start? is it after passing the exams from the first 6 subjects or is it after passing the exam from all 14 subjects?

what can I bring with me to the CAA exams? (CRP 5, maps, calculator???)

quite few questions, I know, any help would be much much much appreciated...

Whirlygig
11th Sep 2008, 17:40
Bristol can answer these questions for you more easily and you'll find a lot of information on the CAA website.

It depends when the brush-up courses are held but there is a closing date for entry of around 2 weeks before the exams (the closing dates are on the CAA website as are the dates, forms, fees, payment methods, rules etc).

Cheers

Whirls

Dane-Ger
11th Sep 2008, 18:32
you can find the answers to a lot of your questions here

Regards D-G

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/Section%20J%20-%20JAR-FCL%20THEORETICAL%20KNOWLEDGE%20EXAMINATION%20REQUIREMENTS.p df

Happy Wanderer
11th Sep 2008, 18:44
Aerospace3,

Ex-BGS grad here - all this will be explained to you on the brush-ups - the Mod 1 course will set you up nicely by the time you come to sit Mod 2. You must though have booked your exam sittings BEFORE going to Bristol - I've known guys not do this until they've got down there and sometimes it's been too late. Largely depends on where you want to sit the exams as some venues get booked up quicker than others.

If you can't wait 'till you get down to Cheddar, give Noush or Jackie a ring on (01934) 744944 and they'll bend over backwards to help you out (or so I'm told ;))

HW