PDA

View Full Version : Time Building Or Paying For Work?

ABELINHO
11th Sep 2008, 15:04
Hi, I'm considering these two options after finishing my flight training if I don't get any job. Why I'm thinking in paying for work? I can build 500 hours in LEARJET 35 for 23,000€, this is cheaper than build 500 hours in a C152, and I consider 500 hours in reac are better for your CV than 500 in a C152.
I know to pay for work is not good for the proffession, but the only way to avoid this is that the governments forbide it, one person don't get anything, and it's the only way to build hours in reac.
I would appreciate your opinions

nich-av
11th Sep 2008, 19:35
If you have 23000€, buy yourself a Citation TR for 15000€ and get paid to work. You'll build thousands of hours and you'll get paid. Save the rest.

500 hours on Learjet 35 is not going to make you look prettier when you go to that job interview at Iberia and tell them that you paid for it.

Once you're done with CPL IR ME, there's no point in building many hours on a Cessna 152 anyway except if you are instructing.

This is a start:

www.jetnova.es (http://www.jetnova.es)
Norestair [email protected] ([email protected])
PRT [email protected]
www.executive-airlines.com (http://www.executive-airlines.com) [email protected] ([email protected])
www.bksair.com (http://www.bksair.com)

It's alot easier to pay to fly than to be paid to fly.

ChrisLKKB
11th Sep 2008, 20:00
Not sure how useful a Lear Jet type rating and hours on type would be in the UK, I suspect not very, that may be different in spain and would depend how many Lear Jet opperators there are and whether they are recruiting when you finish up.

Have you considered an instructors rating, if you can get yourself a job you might be able to stick it out until recruiting restarts in earnest in the airlines.

INNflight
11th Sep 2008, 20:47
I can build 500 hours in LEARJET 35 for 23,000€

Is that 500hrs on type with the type rating included or would you have to fork out the TR money too???

Hell, if you're rich, go for it :ouch: nothing to loose heh :uhoh:

ABELINHO
11th Sep 2008, 20:50
If I would do those hours in Learjet wouldn't be thinking in work then in Spain in one learjet, The reason is because I think is better for your CV having 500 hours in reac than in C152, in Spain there is many people without work having 1000 hours or more as FI, but not with 500 hours in reac.
It's just my point of view, I don't know if i'm wrong or not.

yes, innflight, the TR is included in the price. I'm not rich but look, where I'm going to study I can do the FAA-JAA licences and this 500 hours in Learjet for less money than getting in Spain just the JAR-FCL licence with 170 hours...

ABELINHO
15th Sep 2008, 13:09
No more opinions? :(

joaocaracol
16th Sep 2008, 00:11
Hello,

Where are you going to do it, may I ask? It seems to be a fair deal...considering the present situation.

xoxa
20th Sep 2008, 23:19
You like our opinions.
And yours?. Where are they?

CFM56-7B
21st Sep 2008, 00:20
I know lots of people (me included) that very recently got a job with type and no hours. First tip is look very very very very well around you before paying for your hours.

Right now, unfortunately, there will be a lot of people with thousands of jet hours and no job (Hopefully me not included:\) from Futura, Alitalia, XL and all the others still to come in the next winter months...

With 500 hrs and a type you'll be just one of the many... without hours it won't be better anyway.

By the way, why a Lear? Don't you think an A320 or B737 would be more marketable? If you want really to pay for your hours you can get 500 B737 hrs in Morocco (Eaglejet) for around 10k euros.

In conclusion if you are not very rich stay at the window and look what happens if you try to apply around EU for some SSTR (even some small executive operators have that!), or do just your type and try again.
If you are rich, then the world is yours! With your 23k pay for 1000 hrs on the 737 and you'll have really good chances to get a job.
But why do you want to be a pilot if you are so rich?:E

peterporker
21st Sep 2008, 13:01
Why do pilots think that an airlines will be willing to pay them a salary to work after they've proven that they're willing to work for nothing or pay the airline to work for them? Never work for free and definitely never pay to work. You are taking someone elses job by undercutting them/paying for their job. I hope that you waste your money and still don't get hired if that is what it will take to learn how stupid it is to pay for work. How about getting a flight instructor certificate and earning experience the old fashioned way? Or are you too cool for that?

ABELINHO
21st Sep 2008, 13:15
With 500 hrs and a type you'll be just one of the many... without hours it won't be better anyway.

By the way, why a Lear? Don't you think an A320 or B737 would be more marketable? If you want really to pay for your hours you can get 500 B737 hrs in Morocco (Eaglejet) for around 10k euros.

If I'll be just one of the many with 500 hrs, what I'll be without them?
I'm not rich and if I think in building hours in the Learjet is because it is the cheapest option to build hours in reac, not to work in a Learjet afterwards, in those 23.000€ is included the conversion of JAA to FAA(commercial, not only the PPL).
I agree with you in what an A320 or B737 would be more marketable but if I want to do that in Europe= 60.000€, 30.000 the TR and 30.000 for the 500 hours, and if I do the 500 hours in Morocco as you say, I need one ICAO license(don't know how much), the TR(as I saw in Eaglejet, 21.000€ + VAT) and the 500 hours(13.000€), and how much is that?

xoxa
22nd Sep 2008, 22:32
Abelinho!.
For that amount! Type more 500 hours. In USA, of course, but where? And 6 , 8 months? Com on! tell us more, don΄t you realize that we he are in the same ship?
Anyway! Good Luck!