PDA

View Full Version : Maintain a FAA license in EU?

eikido
11th Sep 2008, 13:15
If i get an FAA License (which i will eventually convert to JAA), is there a way to keep the license alive in Europe?

Eikido

Shunter
11th Sep 2008, 13:19
Yes. Keep your medical current (lots of FAA AMEs around), and do a flight review with an FAA CFI every 2 years.

eikido
11th Sep 2008, 13:28
Cool mate. I guess you find them in UK. Flying from Sweden to UK ain't expensive:) (I wonder if i can renew it in Sweden?)

How often do you need to renew the CPL ME and IR? I guess you one don't need to think about the PPL?

Eikido

tbavprof
11th Sep 2008, 14:00
For carrying pax (paying or not), 3 t/o and landings in last 90 days. For pax at night, 3 t/o and full-stop landings in the last 90 days. Same category/class. Unless you're using an aircraft requiring a type rating... then they have to be done in type. Solo, no restrictions.

For IR, 6 instrument approaches, and a hold within the last six months, or an IPC.

BFR every 2 years. Doesn't matter whether it's PPL, CPL, or ATP.

eikido
11th Sep 2008, 14:21
Does any PC's have to be done even if you fly minimum amount in a peroid for each rating.

malc4d
12th Sep 2008, 00:02
A FAA license is valid for life............... But as already said, if you want to use it, it must remain current. A flight review with a FAA instructor is needed every 24 months. If you want fly solo, log PIC or carry passengers you will need a minimum class 3 medical and log 3 takeoff and landings ( to a full stop at night ) every 90 days. Night currency, l belive will cover day, but day will not cover night currency. If multi, sea, balloon, rotor etc rated, all must be flown every 90 days/night.
If you want to fly in IFR, your IR needs to be current. as pointed out above.
Instument proficency course or
S ix approaches in six months
H old
I ntercept and
T rack (ILS)

Check the FARS at FAA: Home (http://www.faa.gov) for more details............:cool:

eikido
12th Sep 2008, 06:09
Can i do any of those flights (3 takeoffs and landings, IR flight) in a european flying club? Or must the european flying clubs see a JAA license to borrow a plane to you :O?