PDA

View Full Version : KLM flight question

jsfboat
10th Sep 2008, 03:30
I booked a ticket on NWA going from Newark to frankfurt via Detroit, and Amsterdam at the end of the month. On my flight to AMS I'll be on a KLM 747-400. The question that I have, is it possible to visit the cockpit either before or after the flight is over? The 747 is my favorite airplane, and my dad is an F/O for Kalitta on the -200. I do have my commercial instrument ticket and will be starting my CFI soon.

Otterman
10th Sep 2008, 09:30
As usual it depends on the captain. At the end of the flight is shouldn't be a problem. Just approach the purser during the flight with the question, and it will be relayed to the cockpit. In general it will accomodated.

northbynorthwest
10th Sep 2008, 16:16
Jeez, that is a roundabout way of getting there, especially when NWA has nonstops EWR-AMS. Anyway, it will be an NWA 747-400 - NWA68 is the flight number. Yes, definitely ask the purser - especially if you board early, they may even get you up there before you depart. I have ridden jumpseat many, many times across the Atlantic, and I have seen several people allowed up front before departure over the years. Make sure you show your licence to the purser.

jsfboat
11th Sep 2008, 00:52
Show my Comm/Instrument License? I know its possible on domestic flights, but wasn't sure on international flights. That's why I took the route I did, it was the least inexpensive and plus it'll be a 74! Thanks for the info.