PDA

View Full Version : Another Pprune problem - sending a PM etc

Pontius Navigator
9th Sep 2008, 21:41
I have found I cannot click on a name and access the popup list for PMs or profile etc. I am not sure if it is machine specific - XP Home and IE8 - or my other machine too.

Fly-by-Wife
9th Sep 2008, 22:22
I'm using IE7 / XP SP3 and I don't have a problem (at least not with that drop-down list).

Is there a particular user name that doesn't work for you, or is it the same with all?

When did IE8 get released, btw? If it is still beta then it's your problem!

FBW

Pontius Navigator
10th Sep 2008, 08:32
FBW, yes, IE8 is Beta, came out this month. Thanks for confirming that. I like some of its features such as the ability to restore the previous IE session.

It is also supposed to be less of a resource hog although it has its moments.

When I open Favourites, then open a folder, the mouse stutters as I move down the list. I also get an occasional Java exception. Some pluggins needed updating. Give Google their due, they got an update to Google Toolbar out PDQ. It also has some interesting features.

On installing it created a series of Microsoft shortcuts (of course) but more interestingly a series of Orange shortcuts - orange is my secondary email ISP.

On balance it looks good.

Pontius Navigator
11th Sep 2008, 19:42
I have found the lack of the left click feature on a person's name is a feature of the Pprune Vbulletin 3.6.8. On a different bulletin board they use version 3.7.1.

InstantForum.net v4.1.4 also works as expected.

Maybe the pprune version really needs upgrading.

Saab Dastard
11th Sep 2008, 19:48
Maybe the pprune version really needs upgrading.

Well if it works just fine for everybody else...

SD

Pontius Navigator
11th Sep 2008, 21:15
Well if it works just fine for everybody else...

SD

With IE8?

It may well for fine with all the other browsers but if it is an 8.0 issue then you will need to upgrade idc will you not?

Saab Dastard
11th Sep 2008, 21:46
In this instance I think that MS may have to make their browser work properly.

Pontius Navigator
12th Sep 2008, 16:31
Sorted, sort of.

I have passed on the bug to Microsoft but Pprune, running version 3.6.8 is not compatible with IE8 unless one selects Compatibility Mode. The other VBulletin version, 3.7.1, is compatible with IE8.

It is really just a question of whether you want to step off with the right foot or the left.