PDA

View Full Version : Help..need advice

wanabnavypilot
9th Sep 2008, 14:47
Hi
I hope some one can help me, I really want ot be a junglies (Pilot). I am in year 11 at school abd have already filled in an expression of interest (numerous times). I know that you have to have at least 5 GCSE between A* and C and 140 UCAS points, i have heard numerous peoples opinion but would a degree help me, if so any in particular??

I also wonder about basic fitness levels on entry to the navy and for the all arms course?
Thanks
wanabnavypilot

Roland Pulfrew
9th Sep 2008, 14:53
Beer and nuts for one please.

This should be interesting, I wonder who will be first! :E

Airborne Aircrew
9th Sep 2008, 15:00
Pulling up the comfy chair... :E

NRU74
Beer and nuts

He's probably allergic to nuts anyway ..... so the Squirrel's out

airborne_artist
I really want ot be a junglies (Pilot).When you get that far, you can express an interest, but the FAA will put you where it needs you.

I know that you have to have at least 5 GCSE between A* and C and 140 UCAS points, It's now 180 points, and I doubt if someone who scraped 5 x C at GCSE would be up to a) getting the 180 UCAS points and b) passing AIB.

i have heard numerous peoples opinion but would a degree help me, if so any in particular?? It won't do any harm at all, and it gives you a personal safety net should you get chopped/medically downgraded. Graduates join with three years' seniority over non-grads, so they start on a higher pay level.

I also wonder about basic fitness levels on entry to the navy and for the all arms course? The SK4 drivers don't need to do the AAC, though some might.

Fitness levels to pass AIB and enter BRNC are not extreme.

SparksFlyHigh
9th Sep 2008, 15:04
Guys, you see that spelling and complete disregard for the English language!?

We should also be asking ourselves why this guy is asking for advice? If he needs some advice, he is obviously not cut out for this job, hell, he wouldn't even get invited to an interview.

Or is this another fake like that other thread? Those bloody messing boarding officers again :rolleyes:

wanabnavypilot
9th Sep 2008, 15:09
no this is geuine i have searched the web thousands of time, marine pilot, junglies pilot and so forth. I have visited the navys website adn search that. I have contact people who might have known but no luck thanks every1

airborne_artist
9th Sep 2008, 15:13
no this is geuine i have searched the web thousands of time, marine pilot, junglies pilot and so forth. I have visited the navys website adn search that. I have contact people who might have known but no luck thanks every1

And it was all going so well up to that point :ugh:

wanabnavypilot
9th Sep 2008, 15:15
oh i put a 1 instead of one, opps, well there is one area that defintley needs improvement, I guess from the way you guys have reacted about my spelling the Navy are hot on spelling?

SparksFlyHigh
9th Sep 2008, 15:18
Yes, the Navy will require a good level of spelling and grammar. However, the people on here have nothing better to do than to complain about spelling and grammar. My advice is to not bother using this as a tool of knowledge because you will be shot down and probably not get any answers to your questions.

airborne_artist
9th Sep 2008, 15:19
Top tip - use Firefox - it's got a handy spell-checker :ok:

wanabnavypilot
9th Sep 2008, 15:19
Do you know were I could go?

SparksFlyHigh
9th Sep 2008, 15:21
Im trying to work that one out for myself.

airborne_artist
9th Sep 2008, 15:22
However, the people on here have nothing better to do than to complain about spelling and grammar. My advice is to not bother using this as a tool of knowledge because you will be shot down and probably not get any answers to your questions.

It's all about attitude, as much as anything else.

Read this thread (http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/341934-faa-work-experience.html) - not an iota of negativity - see if you can work out why?

diginagain
9th Sep 2008, 15:23
Wannabe-etc, the Military do expect certain standards. Airborne Artist has given you some current information; I would suggest that a trip to your RN careers information office should be your next step. If you are anywhere near Redruth, I can recommend them.

That is, after you've read through the thread originated by our now-resident expert on Forces banter......:\

SparksFlyHigh
9th Sep 2008, 15:27
That is if you CAN read it. The use of English is hardly readable.

SparksFlyHigh
9th Sep 2008, 15:32
Wannabe, there is loads of useful information on this forum but a lot of the time you have to battle your way through to get the answers as i found out.

wanabnavypilot
9th Sep 2008, 15:37
Yes I can read, it is call tennage slang and when you guys where younger then you will rember using it aswell. These threads have taught me alot such as I need 180 ucas points not 140 UCAS points. Me and my parents are traveling to Redruth in January, but thanks guys keep the advice coming

c130jbloke
9th Sep 2008, 15:37
Yes, the Navy will require a good level of spelling and grammar. However, the people on here have nothing better to do than to complain about spelling and grammar. My advice is to not bother using this as a tool of knowledge because you will be shot down and probably not get any answers to your questions.

Wannabe, there is loads of useful information on this forum but a lot of the time you have to battle your way through to get the answers as i found out.

SFH: What is it then ????

PS: And you wonder why people are labelling you when you are putting up such cr@p (or gay) posts.:ugh::ugh:

airborne_artist
9th Sep 2008, 15:48
Wannabe - the problem is however is that the Navy is for grown-ups, so about 99.8% of the time you are expected to act like one.

Text-speak on the forum does not show much respect for people whose opinions and advice you are seeking, really. While I'm not one of them, there are guys on here who who have held or still hold a fairly senior rank. Bear that in mind :ok:

Airborne Aircrew
9th Sep 2008, 16:01
I'd love to see Pprune's logs right now.... I'd be willing to be that SFH and Wannabe's IP addresses are identical... :rolleyes:

minigundiplomat
9th Sep 2008, 16:07
the problem is however is that the Navy is for grown-ups, so about 99.8% of the time you are expected to act like one.

Like crying when your iPod is taken away?

wannabe.... is english your first language? This is not a dig, but some of your posts suggest it may not be.

I think you'll fit right in with the Junglies.:E

airborne_artist
9th Sep 2008, 16:29
Like crying when your iPod is taken away?

You can be sooo cruel, MGD :=

Monty77
9th Sep 2008, 16:46
I'm not buying this, not on the same day.

Sparks and Wannabe are clearly internet spetsnaz from ARRSE (it's a sort of drink, wanna), who are testing our awareness/toleration levels.

i fink i wanna flew helios cuz they iz cwool. innit. F*ck off, you ape.

I think it's really unfair that all sorts of mong-ape low-lifes can come on here and generally fling excrement around the bazaar. Is there an internet site for lawyers or politicians where I can log in, pretend to be a lawyer/politician and generally make a complete tit of myself? What's that? Parliament?

Count me in, what's the pension like?:ok:

wanabnavypilot
9th Sep 2008, 18:27
ok, i applogies for my slang earlier and will give ANYTHING to get in to the Navy, it has been my dream for years and I will make it a reality. I do not have two accounts if that is what you are suggesting. Yes english is my first langauge and at school I am in top for English, either a mistake or I am good at English. So once again sorry for my slang and i am not a chav (the language you used earlier f*** ect) suggested that.
thanks
wanab