PDA

View Full Version : Pay

SIC
9th Sep 2008, 04:28
I just figured out an SO gets paid less than a London bus driver!!:ok:

jed_thrust
9th Sep 2008, 05:37
I know where I can read my on-line COS, but could you please post the COS (inc pay) for the bus driver.

Freehills
9th Sep 2008, 07:18
Busworkers United: the joint pay claim | London bus workers (http://www.londonbusworkers.com/?q=the_joint_pay_claim)

"Pay rates for a London bus driver can vary from £20,000 to £28,000, including shift allowances, bonuses and unsocial hours payments. The Unite claim would take drivers’ salaries to a minimum of £30,000 a year or a 5 percent increase, whichever is the greater.

Other key points in the unified claim for bus drivers are:

A maximum of 4 hour 30 minutes of continuous driving duty before a break
7 hours 36 minutes maximum time on duty per day
38 hour weekly time on duty
Time on duty to be spread over a maximum of 10 hours daily (currently a 12-hour spread)
Drivers to be allowed a minimum of 20 minutes to carry out security and safety checks on their bus before beginning to drive
A minimum of 11 hours between duties "

HEALY
9th Sep 2008, 08:08
After the above mentioned information provided are you still keen on driving a bus sic?? Base pay may go close to the same as some other jobs such as bus driving but when you consider that they still have to pay a morgage and Fully educate their kids and pay alot of tax AND no real chance of job progression and significant pay increases every year it does seem to fail in comparison.

ACMS
9th Sep 2008, 10:05
My HK tax even AFTER they allow for my family is more than 16% of my salary due to the allowances being taxed as well.

Taxed on my housing and education allowances, it all adds up.

Oh one more thing, I work 8 or so days a month

don't you mean 8 G's a month. Even in the best of months I still work more than 17 days. And yes I do consider the layover day AWAY from my family WORK.

travel benefits
don't start me on that one, my next holiday is booked full fare. The FOC booking system sucks.

Better job than a London Bus driver, yes but stop twisting the truth.

Striker58
10th Sep 2008, 05:18
I've never understood why some of us are so keen to advertise our payscales on the internet on a public anonymous forum.

Frankly I'm not interested in how much a bus driver in the UK gets paid or any other profession for that matter. If someone gets more than me, good for them if someone gets less, it's not my concern and either way, it's not my business!

BlunderBus
10th Sep 2008, 08:50
better get used to being an s/o..:ok coz the way things are going with direct entry you're going to be one forever!!:D

treboryelk
18th Sep 2008, 04:36
and when you get to be an FO...looks like being stuck there for an eternity too!