PDA

View Full Version : UK PM fit to lead - ???

Utrinque Apparatus
8th Sep 2008, 11:33
Broon is now claiming that he is the man to lead the country out of his own mess, since he showed strength of character in losing an eye (is this his "vision" he keeps blathering about ?), and a child (Don't blame me for raising it, he did it first !)

WTF is he thinking ?

CATIII-NDB
8th Sep 2008, 13:04
Remember he has in his own words "Spent the last 10 Years ensuring the long term Econonic well being of the UK Economy" - FFS. remember "No more Boom and Bust" - or in a modernised form: No more boom and bust , no more boom and bust, no more boom , no more boom, no more boom just bust..

Wiil He will be dragged from No 10 in a streight Jacket, screaming "I'm in charge" ?

Lord Help us all.

CAT III.

Richard Taylor
8th Sep 2008, 17:44
I think he has taken his eye off the ball.

Beatriz Fontana
8th Sep 2008, 17:58
Look, how one copes with things personal and things professional are two completely different issues. Anyone in high pressure jobs knows that you have to leave your personal worries at the door before cracking on. And it doesn't mean that overcoming a personal issue will stand you in any good stead whatsoever for dealing with professional crisis.

Again, Guido Fawkes (http://www.order-order.com/2008/09/gordon-plays-sympathy-card.html) his the nail on the head. This is a cheap gimmick.

sisemen
10th Sep 2008, 05:22
Mods - please merge this thread about Broon the Loon and his fanciful ideas with the Friday Joke Thread.

Wingswinger
10th Sep 2008, 07:27
Well it's true - there's no more Tory boom and bust. It's good 'ole labour boom and bust. On behalf of all of us old enough to remember the Wilson and Callaghan years and who would never, ever, in a month of solar eclipses, have voted for this lot - we told you so. :(

verticalhold
10th Sep 2008, 10:40
Wingswinger;

Thank you. Since 1997 I've felt alone in my opinions.

VH

Standard Noise
10th Sep 2008, 11:12
I blame the English for it all. Majority of UK voters live in England, you voted them in in 97, then again and again. Now you're being governed by Scots and seeing those north of the border get everything free at your expense.

And the English have the cheek to call the frogs 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' despite surrendering themselves to a bunch of Trotskyist, Scottish, student radical, one-eyed halfwits. As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

We're aww doomed! Yes, thank you Darling!:}

And as I've said before, in the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

pba_target
10th Sep 2008, 13:13
Standard Noise:

Actually iirc I read somewhere recently that if it wasn't for the scottish voting labour wouldn't actually be in power....

That's probably the come-back we get for whooping their backsides in the last war....

airship
10th Sep 2008, 13:30
But I think it's about time that we were lead by a 'fit' PM though (page 3 stuff). Couldn't be any worse than now could it? And the evening news would be a little less boring maybe?! I can just imagine the headlines:

PM promotes new line of British-made lingerie...

PM interrupts Caribbean beach holiday to make special announcement on Sterling's decline...

PM brokers landmark peace deal between Israel and Palestinian authority in one on one talks (in the jacuzzi) at Chequers over weekend... :ok:

Saintsman
10th Sep 2008, 19:21
The GB T-Shirt....

http://i12.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/04/e6/c300_1.JPG

Available on E-Bay if you want one.

shedhead
10th Sep 2008, 19:38
Actually iirc I read somewhere recently that if it wasn't for the scottish voting labour wouldn't actually be in power....
If the Scottish vote was that influential in an election then this country would never have had a Conservative government,check back as far as the sixties and see how many Scottish seats had Conservative MPs. sorry but it is the English vote that decides who gets into power and it always has been.

airborne_artist
10th Sep 2008, 19:41
And this is the man that held a Cabinet meeting in Brum on Monday so he and the other clowns could "learn what the country is feeling".

Just call the election and we'll tell you :E

Human Factor
10th Sep 2008, 23:18
Sorry. Thought it was a "finish the sentence" thread:

UK PM fit to lead ..... weight and throw in the Thames.

:E

Utrinque Apparatus
11th Sep 2008, 10:40
AA

As the Duke used to say, "Get back on your horse, Pilgrim !" (Broon can't drive - no driving licence - , let alone ride a hoss).

The choice of Birmingham was a bit rich. Not one of the Cabinet had a visa :E

Bit of advice for Broon, put the patch over the bad eye.

BTW - The expression, In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is King - was it Blunkett who said that in support of his Guvnor ?

ProM
11th Sep 2008, 11:10
Currently there are 44 labour MPs in the Westminster parliament that represent scottish constituencies

The labour majority is currently 62

Thus if all the labour constituencies elected a Tory MP instead then Labour would be 16 short of a majority

If all Scottish constituencies elected a Tory MP then Labour would still have more MPs than the Tories but would be a long way short of a majority

Nevertheless the voting pattern in Scotland makes it much harder for the Tories to win overall as Scotland elects Labour MPs disporportionately to England.

So you are kind of both right

Gainesy
11th Sep 2008, 11:21
Useless tosser couldn't run a bath.

st nicholas
11th Sep 2008, 13:03
Reference Vis and Rogers Profanisaurus.

Taxi for Brown - the act of farting, guff, bottom air, emmision from single brown eye.

etc etc fairly apt

dazdaz
11th Sep 2008, 18:07
I bet Tony is laughing has co:mad:k off. He knew what was coming. Brown wanted it so dearly. Tony jumped when he knew the time was right. Clever man.

Daz