PDA

View Full Version : Graphics won't print

Islander Jock
8th Sep 2008, 03:54
I have a word document that when I import a graphic (TIFF) into, the page just prints an outline graphics box with no details of the graphic itself. If I import the same graphic into a new document, it prints ok.
The online help pages for printing graphics haven't been of any help.
The original document is password protected and I haven't opened it as read-only.

I have tried saving the original as new document but that doesn't change anything.

The only thing I can think of is to cut and paste the whole thing across unless anyone can off another idea.

Islander Jock
19th Sep 2008, 12:28
Just moving this back to the top once more. This problem is now driving me nuts.
I have followed all the suggestions on the help pages but for some reason any drawing that I rotate on the page just dosen't print. It is now not only with TIFFs but also JPEGs or bitmaps. I have reinstalled the printer driver but nothing changed. And the problem exisists on two different computers running different MS Office versions (2003 and 2007). Would appreciate any advice fellow PPRuners can offer.

MoateAir
19th Sep 2008, 13:14
Can you print the diagram from any other application, i.e. some sort of graphical editor? Lets try and establish where the problem is - graphics per se, or Word.

Background Noise
19th Sep 2008, 21:22
There is an option to print without graphics, also happens in draft mode I think. Maybe the document is saved with one of those settings here. Have you seen this page - try the graphics aren't printed.... option.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051898691033.aspx

Islander Jock
20th Sep 2008, 02:43
Thanks for the replies, It seems to be tied in with word as I can use MS Image maker or Photoshop to print the graphics ok. At the moment though, that means I can't import the graphics into the document.

Background Noise
20th Sep 2008, 08:18
In that case, try changing the format. Save it from one of those other programs into a jpg and try again.

Islander Jock
21st Sep 2008, 01:55
Background Noise, I have the same problem with JPEGs as well. This has me stumped as the problem only seems to have arisen recently.

Workaround solution was - Open TIFF in Photoshop. Resize etc then save as PDF. Open PDF, and just do a cut and paste of requried drawing back into master Word document. Voila! After days of cursing and swearing my boss as well as Mrs IJ, both of who by their own admission are the least computer savvy came up witht the suggestion.