PDA

View Full Version : Dhl Usa A300

CaravanDriver
7th Sep 2008, 17:01
Some people within DHL Europe claim that as from februari 2009 6 A300 from DHL USA will come to europe with USA crews to operate in the European network.
Nothing official heard in the company. It would be nice is someone flying in the USA for DHL could confirme this or not.

Thanks

hvydriver
7th Sep 2008, 17:51
We've heard nothing about that on this side of the pond.

OldCessna
7th Sep 2008, 19:03
Does it matter. DHL are so screwed up in the USA they can export crews to offset any costs they can.
I have never seen such a lame company operation!

411A
7th Sep 2008, 20:16
And, there is one very large legal action going on regarding UPS/others et al....will be awhile, I'm sure.

RampTramp
8th Sep 2008, 07:29
Can't quite see why DHL Europe would want 6 more A300s at this point in time.

Mafferick
8th Sep 2008, 14:19
ACT is current flying in ops of EAT so i expect they need more A300's.

wait and see , soon LH wil have a word to say about the ops .....

ken

despegue
8th Sep 2008, 14:36
At least ACT is a JAR operator employing JAR licenced pilots.

US registered A300's have absolutely no place in Europe when they are flown by Americans holding FAA licences.

Absolutely disgraceful if this is true and I have a well known sentence for this:
Yankees, go home.

Same goes for UPS and FED EX, they have no place in Europe when FAA licenced pilots are operating the flight.
Why do we, European Pilots put up with this crap?!

RampTramp
8th Sep 2008, 15:39
Mafferick, the use of wet leased aircraft gives more flexibility than owned in these days of, whatever it's called right now, 'economic downturn'. Also, not sure what you're driving at with your LH comment but don't get the core DHL airlines mixed up with either Aerologic or Brussels Airlines.

Despegue, your rant is out of place. If any A300s were transfered, they would be placed on a European registry and flown by EASA licensed crews.

Mafferick
8th Sep 2008, 17:04
Hi ,

fully Correct .

but i am not mixing LH with brussels airlines .

2row night we get a visit of 5 auditors of Lufthansa at DHL Brussels .

and its not a joke .... everybody i walking around very nervous.

we have to load the planes as fast as possible , and as save as possible or we can loose a lot more then we can expect !!

This audit isnt done without a reason, its the first time they come to brussels in a long time .

I can only tel that its very strange that it happends now , just when there are talks about a merger with SN .

i could be totaly wrong though ....

lets wait and see , and hope for the best 2row evening ....

ken

RampTramp
9th Sep 2008, 14:58
Mafferick, check your PMs.

RT